New Haven Railroad Steam Locomotives

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Buynot, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

The New Haven Railroad Springfield Line is a fantastic route. I love the scenery, the overall feeling, and the amount of scenario opportunities that come with it! One thing that I've noticed, however is that though the route has plenty of steam locomotive facilities, there are no New Haven steamers to go with them. I don't know about the rest of you but for me, that's a little frustrating, and I feel that it should be changed. The New Haven Railroad had a great amount of motive power to choose from, especially when it came to steam locomotives. They could range anywhere from their quick I-5 Hudsons, to their burly R2A mountain type locomotives for freight service, or even the J2 mikados which were mixed traffic locomotives (I could be wrong on that last bit). Any one of their locomotives would be a perfect fit, and like the route itself, can make for some fantastic scenario opportunities set in the golden age of steam. Not only this, but they would make for great overall contributions to the North American steam locomotive market, which as I have expressed previously is severely under represented, and small. What do you think? Do you agree? I look forward to reading your guys' replies!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. AndTheBest

AndTheBest Active Member

Interesting, I like it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. steammaster4449

I'm honestly surprised your suggestions haven't generated more buzz then they have Buynot , they're all so fantastic!!!! I for one would LOVE for some New Haven steam loco DLC's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad you like them so much! Again, thanks for bumping some of these threads and giving them new life! Hopefully someone at DTG or some other 3rd Party dev sees them and takes my ideas into consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steammaster4449

1: You're welcome. 2: That's the idea. ;) 3: Hope indeed. Some of these ideas are WAY to good to pass up, like your L.A. to Ventura Daylight suggestion, your two merge-able Nickel Plate Road route suggestions, your Huntington to Hinton suggestion, among others. As stated before, I'm surprised they haven't generated more buzz.

• Like Like x 1