Older Great Western Liveries (proposal)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LativaBoy, Nov 27, 2018.

1. LativaBoy

LativaBoy Active Member

[​IMG]
    First Great Western Link livery for Class 166
    [​IMG]
    First Great Western livery for HST
    [​IMG]
    Late First Great Western livery for Class 166 (image copyright & courtesy of Brian Creasey)

I think that adding these few liveries would add more variety to the Great Western Mainline route. With the Class 66 being to only loco with multiple liveries, it feels kind of lacking in my opinion that the other trains on the route don't have as much variety livery wise.

2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Problem with being officially licenced. Have to do what operating companies say. If they spend money on a gwr rebrand. They dont want simulators showing them as Fgw. Thats my suspicions.

3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

This proposal has come up multiple times, so I’ll mention again that DTG has actually made FGW reskins (and you can find the last few remnants of them in the files), so I doubt licensing is to blame-DTG doesn’t make things and put them in files without licensing.

But they never got finished, and I don’t know why. Here’s what we managed to mod in from the files though! It’s not great, but it shows that DTG did something.
    EAF67635-60FB-40FB-A2EC-3B863618F4E0.jpeg

4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

GWE route was created 2015? Maybe those liveries were created at the same time. GWR rebrand hadnt happened. I hope Im wrong btw.

5. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

It released at the end of September 2017. So with that in mind, the DLC is meant to be a 2017 based representation at which point GWR liveries were the intention despite a few FGW exterior liveries still knocking around on turbos. The HST was a complete exception to this rebranding since there was already an intention to replace all of them with IETs so only a few of the longer car formations saw GWR liveries before they all got squished and sent south.

Technically, the 166s in GWE should not have the GWR interior livery. The 166s should also come in mostly GWR green, with few FGW dynamic lines, and few FGW dark blue. And the HSTs should be mixed GWR and FGW liveries with mostly all FGW trainsets.

6. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

20201117190301_1[1].jpg

Also I'm working on this