PlayStation Never Much Traffic On Any Of The Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Zammy Martínez, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

How comes in tutorials when the route is new is the only time there is busy platforms and trains in and out?
    Then when you do services not alot is going on?
    Especially for the real train fanatics here who like authenticity, you got tuns of track on the german dlc, even on the American routes going and coming out of new york penn, main stations/terminals should always be busy, but its just our one train and maybe one other in the station if your lucky.
    Can that not be fixed?

• Like Like x 3
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

And 2 maybe 3 passengers on the platforms

• Like Like x 2
  3. steamfan

steamfan Member

Yeah it does feel quite dead sometimes

• Like Like x 1
  4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The tutorials need to make a good first impression and you'll be riding as passenger in the introduction. The numbers are lower in timetable because of performance issues. You wouldn't want high passenger numbers to cause a crash 50 minutes in on an hour long route. On a tutorial, that is unlikely to happen given they only take like 5-10 minutes to do. You get higher passenger numbers on PC.

On the platforms, the passengers are likely still spawning in as you arrive and can take a while depending on the spawn points/station size. Not all stations seem to generate a lot of passengers. The passengers do need overhauling and I doubt this is going to happen anytime soon.

Having played GWE journey mode recently (which I think enables more services than normal), I am seeing trains go by every few minutes in each direction. I wish the same could be said for more routes.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Hopefully DTG can address these in updates for the next gen consoles.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Would love more red lights and traffic. Maybe we will be gifted with a PS5 update

• Like Like x 2
  7. Zammy Martínez

True.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zammy Martínez

I hear you, so it’s basically a thing where pc can handle much more than console?

in regards to gwe, no way is your reading station any more busier than mine or your Paddington..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zammy Martínez

Lol init

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The routes do feel dead sometimes and it's quite annoying entering a station with little to no passengers. Sometimes on the Bakerloo Line, passengers won't even get on the train

• Like Like x 5
  11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I agree, it would be nice to see more life at the tracks.
    The reason that there is so much traffic in the scenarios is that they design it that way. In the scenarios, they can put as many trains as they want on as many tracks as they want. However, in service mode, there are only the trains running that you can actually run yourself as well. And that means that there is only one route that produces traffic. For that specific route, it is realistic traffic (maybe a bit low on the freight end). But if you think about something like Munich main station, I agree that it is very empty there, but that boils down to not all routes that start or end at Munich are implemented, there is actually only one, which means all the other tracks are just empty. And also on the route to Augsburg, there would be other lines running that fill up the track in real life, but that are not implemented in the game.
    I hope they can fix the passengers at least a bit (could even be static, people sitting or standing there could work quite nicely), but I doubt it will get more busy train wise, especially with the fps drops that are already there.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  12. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah it is getting to the point where I stay in the cab view most of the time because the empty platforms just break immersion for me

• Like Like x 4
  13. Zammy Martínez

Couldn’t agree with you more mate!
    Honestly man i always say it, i love authenticity, thats all i ask for

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zammy Martínez

It’s ridiculous

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zammy Martínez

Looool know how you feel

16. tallboy7648

If there aren't many trains that run on the official timetable, then I could understand that, but dtg really should figure out a way to bring more life in a route passenger wise especially with the next gen consoles already out

• Like Like x 1
  17. tallboy7648

Also when you get to the last stop on the Bakerloo line or the official last stop on any route, passengers don't even get off the train or when you take a train to a depot, there are passengers on the train which makes no sense

• Like Like x 3
  18. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The last stop one makes since, I have a problem with them staying on the train to the depot.

• Like Like x 3
  19. tallboy7648

sometimes i could get a empty train to the depot but that's a rare occassion. This game has been out for a long time with the same engine and they still can't get passengers sorted.

• Like Like x 2