Anyone Figured Out On How To Remove These Annoying Invisible Walls?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by keksman, Nov 18, 2020.

1. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Always disliked how many and how close they are to the tracks.. cant even take proper screenshots of the trains from distance. Someone already figured out on how to remove these? Maybe through a mod or something Ive missed?

2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

There are so many invisible walls. SPG is full of them especially in the Cumberland terminal area. I submitted a support ticket a while ago.

3. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

You can´t disable them. They are objects like the rest of scenery in the routes

Cheers

4. JGRudnick

The ones inside the Cumberland terminal shouldn't exist. They impede your ability to walk around the yard.

5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Yeap. I have also reported some around the turntable. Many routes have those errors at particular areas. The best is to let them know where they are so that they can fix it.

Cheers

6. JGRudnick

I did. Hopefully they fix it.

7. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I understand their purpose (to stop you wandering to areas that have low quality assets) I do think that they could be put further back to allow you to (for example) wander around all the station buildings and yards; along parallel roads).
    However, they do add a bit of fun, especially when you do find a gap in them and can go exploring... TSW2_Coppo_1605797523_00.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. keksman

Well thats disappointing.. Guess it cant be removed by modding it away with how limited Tsw is when it comes to modding.
    Coppo thats their reasoning for adding them but I really disagree.. nobody in his right mind would expect everything on the map to be extremly detailed and to have high quality assets. I really think DTG should give people the freedom to go wherever they want. I like to take Screenshots for example from very far away.

9. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

It's certainly a better solution than just outright kicking you from the game (a la Rapid Transit, Oakville, probably some others), but I would really prefer neither. I think the reason stems from not wanting players to go walking around on meshless terrain and accidentally falling endlessly into a void.

10. keksman

I think they would have placed these walls at the edges of each map if this was the case. Coppos reasoning seems more likely but again, I doubt anyone expects them to place ultra high quality assets on every corner of the map.

11. thechickencow1

thechickencow1 Active Member

It is annoying when walking around Cumberland yard

• Like Like x 1
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

They stated on a recent stream that it was due to the lower resolution assets further away but as said I think people would understand that and accept it. It is a shame you can't even walk into station car parks on the roads outside the station.

It would be nice for example on the WSR, to walk across the fields, down the lane a bit at Dunster or along the main street at Watchet.

Maybe if enough ask for it they might implement it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. keksman

Did they state how they implemented it? Are these just straight up invisible wall objects placed manually on every of these corners?
    Maybe they could add an option in the menu for advanced options for "advanced users" with a tick to enable/disable these restrictions.. Could even expand this by these usual engine.ini tweaks.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The external cams need to be able to go much further from the train than they do now. It’s far too restrictive. And the free cam could go further too. The restrictions on where you can walk are understandable but not for the cameras. Nobody is under any illusion that the detailed scenery goes further than it does so no harm would be done by allowing more freedom with the cameras, even if players get to see some less detailed stuff when they do.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

They have to do some tweaking. One of the walls is preventing anyone getting a collectable on SPG. It's on the roadmap...
    I doubt they'll move many of the walls further away, but it would be good if they would. still, as I stated, it's fun to try to find the holes in the wall...

• Like Like x 1
  16. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

What invisible walls? I can’t see any invisible walls.

(OK, someone had to say it)

• Like Like x 6
  17. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

No they didn’t ....

18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Noclip mode would be a good idea. That way the camera can pass through objects. This could be a toggle option in the settings. This could be for camera only to stop people easily walking to collectables that require taking a specific path (and also falling through the game world).

19. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

They didn't say how it was implemented. I assume it must be some kind of invisible wall, I hadn't really thought about it.

Certainly the buildings in the immediate vicinity of the stations look good enough to stand up to scrutiny. I don't necessarily expect to be able to walk five miles and don't expect far off scenery to be ultra detailed but some of the area around stations look well modelled yet you can't get close to them!

20. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member