Cta Brown Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jrykowski55, Nov 19, 2020.

1. jrykowski55

jrykowski55 New Member

I would like to see a major city subway system like the CTA in Chicago. I like the Brown Line in particular because it is almost exclusively an elevated rail line, and it makes a loop around the downtown area. Chicago has some amazing architecture along this line that I think would go a long way in promoting a higher level of immersion, which you are trying to achieve.

• Like Like x 2
  2. alan.bwayo

alan.bwayo New Member

I would like to see this too! Mainly wanted the red line, but the longer the train, the better! I like your idea!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, good suggestion. I actually would prefer a Metra line but licensing is a problem.

4. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/route-suggestion-cta-chicago-“el”.26918/
    I actually suggested the El a while ago, but it didn't receive much attention. You can view it here. But as you can probably tell, I am definitely in favor of this system, especially the Brown Line, which I've rode on the most since I sometimes go there to visit family. I missed getting to go there this year so much, with the pandemic, so I'd love to be able to experience this route any time, and to be able to drive it myself.

One thing that I would say, if this route is added, please work out how to do on-train announcements. The sounds are very exotic and you'd have to get the exact recordings for me to give the route an A+. And sounds in general, for example, there is a high pitched squeal on most of the trains when traction is applied.

This video (featuring the voice actor himself) gives a good example of the announcements:

5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I would prefer the Red or Purple (they run alongside the Brown for part of the line anyway).

As long as we can get a Chicago/NYC/BART Route, I’ll be happy.

• Like Like x 1