Train Weight And Other Things..

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ht-57, Nov 21, 2020.

1. ht-57

ht-57 Member

In TSW2 I understand that now weight is now a thing.
    -Is there now a distinction between loaded and unloaded cars?
    -If so is there anyway to choose a loaded or unloaded consists? (perhaps in scenario planner?)
    -I've seen people post the weight of their train, how does one get that info in TSW2?
    Anyone running 4k mon, Is it actually supported now,If so how does it look for compared to TSW1?
    TYVM in advance for any answers.

2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

1. Yes, there is indeed a difference in weight between loaded and unloaded cars.
    2. I don't know, I personally don't use the Scenario Planner too much. Maybe someone could answer this question below.
    3. You need to press "Esc" (escape) to get to the pause screen. Here you can see instantly the details about the train/consist you are running, such as Loco number, weight, length etc.

I run the game at 1080p with 50 fps average on PC, so I can't answer that one for you, sorry.
    Hope I helped you with my answers :D

3. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

TSW1 had 4k support. The graphical improvements in TSW2 are present whatever resolution you choose to run. It looks good in 4k, and there are lots of tips on here about how to make it look even better. You'll need at least a 2070 (or equivalent) video card to get the most from them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. ht-57

ht-57 Member

Quentin
    I did not realize that TSW 1 had 4k support. I run in 4k (TSW1) and the image is skewed towards the ends a bit, perhaps it cause its a 34" curved monitor so maybe its considered widescreen?
    I don't see any in game adjustment for aspect ratio (TSW 1)
    I copied this right out of the "features list" for TSW 2
    -"Optimised and upgraded visual fidelity also gives Train Sim World 2 dynamic skies and 4K support."-
    So does anyone have a clue as to what 4k support is?
    As far as the graphic's I been using the .ini tweaks that people have so kindly shared so even tsw1 looks decent.
    I would be applying that to tsw 2 as well.
    The video card is covered as I'm running a MSI RTX 3080
    I appreciate the time to answer my questions, thxz!

• Like Like x 1
  5. rostdor

rostdor New Member

I5 4670k, 16 GB ram, AMD RX 580, 4K cca 50 fps

Attached Files:

6. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

With screen percentage set to 65%, you are effectively only rendering at 1440p, not 4K.

7. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

2. Consists in the Scenario planner as picked from a predefined list. You can't make your own consist, but there is a fair variety for most and they are usually both empty and loaded. Below is an example for Sand Patch Grade:

upload_2020-11-21_21-48-48.png

8. ht-57

ht-57 Member

Cael
    Thx for that, So there are some options.

9. Quentin

Hi ht-57 - the dynamic(ish) skies are new, but I don't understand the reference to "4k support" as it's definitely a resolution option under TSW1. Your 3080 should be able to knock it out the park, even with 'Ultra' selected. My 2070 gives me ~45fps (mostly, some of the 'complex ' areas drop it to ~30fps; while the tunnels on Bakerloo are ~60fps, which is all my 4k monitor can handle) with all the settings on max. I use the engine.ini settings discussed (and DX12), apart from the Texture Streaming 'off' option, which (for me) causes the loading time after I've selected an activity to go from 20-30 seconds to ~160 seconds, and (as I often mess it up and have to restart :)) isn't what I want (the longer time might be because I only have 16GB of main RAM).

10. ht-57

ht-57 Member

Quentin,
    Thxz Man! I have tweaked up the .ini and pushed it a bit and it looks gr8!
    I've heard varied results as far as using the DX12.
    How do you get DX12 operational?

11. Quentin

You enable DX12 by opening your Steam Library page, right-clicking on TSW2 and selecting 'Properties'. From there you can "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." in which you can insert -DX12 (I assume this is equivalent to "run tsw2 -DX12" from a command line). In theory the game doesn't support DX12, but although DX12 offers new APIs, it still supports the older ones while implementing them more efficiently (better use of multi-threading?) - anyway, for whatever reason, it seems to improve frame rates. If it doesn't work (or causes problems) for you, you just need to reverse the procedure and delete the "-DX12" tag.