Northeast Corridor - Providence Station To Boston South Station

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cold Warrior, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Cold Warrior

Cold Warrior Member

With NEC - New York not coming to TSW2. I think we deserve a replacement NEC route. This northern portion of the NEC has yet to be seen in a simulator that I'm aware of. Offering unique experience.

My suggestion is the 50 mile portion between Providence Station in Providence, Rhode Island and NEC northern terminus for station Boston South Station in historic the city of Boston, Massachusetts.

This portion of the NEC would offer both inter city and rural scenery between Providence and Boston. And offers 4 stops for both the Amtrak Northern Regional and Acela Express stops. Amtrak Lake Shore Limited also operates to Boston Portion allowing for diesel powered passenger service.

The local MBTA Metro service also serves this entire route with additional stops that Amtrak does not make.

Amtrak's Boston passenger yard house of 1 of 3 Amtrak maintenance facilities that maintains Acela Express. Allowing for interesting yard operations.

The non ex-PRR portion of the NEC has newer overhead wires. Allowing higher track speeds with the Acela Express being allowed up to 150 mph in some areas. And 135 mph for other Amtrak Services.

Suggested rolling stock the return of ASC-64 and Amfleet I passenger cars. The return of the SW1000R for yard operations. New rolling stock Amtrak Acela Express. DLC GE P42 Lake Shore Limited and MBTA Metro trains.

• Like Like x 4
  2. raquel2017k

raquel2017k New Member

They would conclude the New Subway cars in boston Metro.

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The MAS for Northeast Regional trains is 125.