Mods For Console

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nidhish Inumala, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

I was wondering whether it would be possible to have an in game modhub where we can download scenarios and liveries for what we have. Some games such as Farming Simulator let you just download mods, and there is separation between console and PC. It would let us get new ideas and use new things, and also publish our own ideas. Even if it is just for the three in-game routes, it would still be nice.

• Like Like x 7
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG won't do this unless they can find a way that all game formats (so PC, xbox and PS) can all do the same things and share them all equally. Given they've repeatedly said they're not working on it I would say even if they were to start it would take some time...

On a pedantic note there are not "in-game routes", only DLC which got bundled with TSW2. The three routes which came with TSW2 are bundled with it but are still DLC

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

4. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

The mods you may have seen, which are for PC, are a result of the files for the game being open for use. Microsoft would have to free up the file system for these types of mods to work. I would blame Microsoft in this case.

5. Kentuckyrailfan486

Kentuckyrailfan486 Member

The deal with that comes with both consoles. When you buy a PS4 or Xbox one, Microsoft and Sony have to gaurantee its buyers that everything they install game wise on their equipment will not damage or brick the consoles. Modifying the game in any way could indeed break or crash the game or worse, damage your console. With PCs, you agree to the terms that you know what you are doing, and you are responsible for what you download and modify the moment you hit the download button. Games have indeed made mods for consoles, but it is a very long, stringent, and strict process that has to be approved by Sony and Microsoft before you can even begin the process, and even after it is VERY HEAVILY monitored. As much as I'd love to see sound mods and whatnot on console, in the end, the amount of time, work, and hassle getting a system working and getting it past console Manufacturers is ultimately not worth it.