PlayStation Just Something To Remember

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Air France 4590, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Hi DTG
    Could you look a this video at 6:51 please ? x)
    And then tell us more about this .

Have a good day

• Like Like x 3
  2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Ha Ha - But Im assuming the official comment will be......"If its not on the roadmap........"

• Like Like x 2
  3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

......Its not coming"

• Like Like x 1
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yep its been posted on the forums before. They want to do multiplayer but they feel as though at the current time its not right.

Personally I hope multiplayer never happens. Its the biggest waste of resources that could be put towards developing steam engines.

Hentis

• Like Like x 9
  5. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I also don't wan't multiplayer, just because people are than glitching and breaking stuff. So It's for me a waste of time that I could spend doing a service.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people are so keen on Multiplayer. What is the advantage? Having other trains on the map (we already have that) that you don't have any interaction with (we already have that)? I mean, there could be interesting things such as shunting operations, but even there, you don't have 5 locos driving around at a shunting yard. I personally believe (and everyone is welcome to disagree ;) ) that investing time in Multiplayer means missing a lot of opportunities. That time could be invested in fixing more dominant issues (such as game crashes, signalling issues, etc.), creating new content (e.g. longer routes, new locos, steam engines, although I personally don't need the latter either) or improving existing features (PIS, scenario planner and livery designer (the latter two needing LOADS of work to be anywhere close to enjoyable and useful)).

I for my part don't even know anyone I could use Multiplayer with, none of my friends have it. And I would never play with random people on a public sever, as this is doomed from the first second and will never be enjoyable (cause it is going to end up in people insulting others, breaking everything, and so on...)

• Like Like x 17
  7. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Cramnor I couldn't agree more.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

Multiplayer would also be rather pointless to me because it might be fun to play with friends, but that would take so much time to create it and then maybe we would have to wait months or maybe years for new content if DTG is only focusing on the Multiplayer and not for new content or bug fixes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

So I can't promise you multiplayer, and although it was joked about in this thread it is still correct that until you see it on the Roadmap it isn't being worked on.
    We are aware that this is something many of the community want and most likely it's disappointing that this hasn't been implemented yet.
    That video is 4 years old and I believe that past promises which aren't going to come to fruition have already been addressed a few times on streams and on forums.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

apologies for the tongue in cheek comment - i can understand why you stand by that comment but sometimes more flesh on the bone (reasons / explanation) is needed. customers grateful to be kept informed of those things "not on the roadmap" too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That is Adam and Matt talking about what will come in the original TSW way back in 2016. It’s no longer relevant as things have changed since then. That happens, plans change. I had plans to decorate the kitchen in 2016. Then those plans changed. I have moved house twice since then. I have plans to decorate the kitchen here as well but unless Mrs Stujoy sees it on the roadmap, she can assume it’s not happening just yet. What she doesn’t do is keep reminding me that I said I was going to decorate the kitchen in the house we don’t live in any more.

• Like Like x 10
  12. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Am i the only one here that actually wants to see the TSW Editor more than anything else? It is one of the most important and useful things that could ever happen to TSW 2 or whatever TSW is at that point. The amount of content would explode as more people got to grips with how it works, experiment with ideas and stuff. We would then have a stable core on which to build new features like multiplayer for example. I just think that would be a much better direction to go. Cheers

13. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Not going to happen and they have given the reason why.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  14. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

This made me laugh. Oh jeez, how they promised us so many things for TSW and never delivered...

Will we be getting multiplayer?
    “If iT’S nOT oN ThE roAdMAp iT isNT CoMiNG.”

I don’t think we need multiplayer, but this right here is just a blatant lie.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Hello
    I can totally understand your comment , considering that what you said would surely be the truth.
    However i got some friends playing this game , that's why i am requesting multiplayer to be added , it would make the shunting manoeuvers and the game more interesting .
    I am sure you can find confident people to play with :)
    Cheers

16. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

For the moment we got some new editors coming ( TSG , Skyhook Games ), i consider that great , but yes , an editor available for everyone would be even better

17. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Don't want full on multiplayer, just the ability to have co-op, having a real life secondman on appropriate services would be kind of cool, make it more immersive, never going to happen but still would be cool tho!!

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

Nah i dont want to see multiplayer in this game. id rather see more routes come out or a steam train first.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This here is all and nothing else I want from multi-player as well!

• Like Like x 1
  20. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

The potential is huge, just think about when the game evolves and we have steam, both players working on the footplate doing their respective roles, working as a team, feeling like you have achieved something when you arrived on time and haven't messed it all up.

21. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Personally wouldn’t mind multiplayer, being relieved for another driver, travelling as a passenger to relieve another driver - adds another layer to the immersion and to the game mechanic.

Albeit there’s cons such as trolls, people holding up other players for fun, the extra timetabling, the extra work a signalling system will have to do to keep up with it all and there will have to be some kind of server hosting it all. It wouldn’t be a quick or a cheap job, not by a long shot.

It’d be an insane project and one I’d love to one day watch the progress of, but if it never happened then it would be completely understandable.

22. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

I’d appreciate co-op with someone in the room, because then when Mrs Honker plays I could be her secondman and vice versa.

But network multiplayer is one of those ideas that sounds good on paper but will be a hot mess in execution.

• Like Like x 3