Xbox Scenario Planner Freezes When Adding Ai Service

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JonnE, Nov 22, 2020.

1. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I don't know if this was mentioned before but after a long time I wanted to give the scenario planner another go and am now experiencing freezes out of nowhere when I want to select the starting marker of a new service.

More details:

Platform: Xbox One, TSW2 on external USB 3.0 HDD
    Route: any german at least, didn't try the others

When? - directly after pressing LB to add another service. About 5-6 services can be placed without any problems hence there is some waiting time before I can select a start marker. This is increasing after adding each service and causes a freeze at the described moment.

What else? - Getting back is still working, the game returns to the main screen of the scenario after a few minutes anyway.

DLC installed: HRR, RRO, MSB, RT, BR204, BR182, ECW, GWE, Penisular Corridor, Baby Bullet, LIRR

How many custom scenarios/ liveries?
    - 2 (on HRR, some months old and working with 20 services each) / 0

Any workarounds tried yet? - Yes, the well known restarts and reboots, without any effects

Effect for the player? - makes the scenario planner tool totally unusable unfortunately.

As it's happening after the release of all preserved collection I have a feeling it might have been affected by the infamous layer issue as well...

2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Yes I can confirm this and have reported it before for PS4 with no response from anyone.

For me it happens from the second service added onwards. Adding each service, the wait time to select a start marker gets longer and longer (roughly about 60s each addition) until it just becomes unbearable.

I haven’t experienced a complete freeze as yet, but then the wait to add service 3 or 4 is unbearable!

3. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply! At least I am responding to it :D
    The waiting times on xbox are not as long as you described but instead come to a full stop sometime... both is really annoying though :/

I think we are at a point where we have to hope that this issue get solved by itself when that layer problem is updated.
    Although it feels similar to the hope for a good game of my favorite football club for me (which is very unlikely to happen these days)...

Maybe the new consoles lead to a solution as well but that is a bit of a lazy excuse...