Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rich.minty, Nov 21, 2020.

1. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

I say TSW2 but what I'm getting at is...

Train Set World

How cool would it be if, within TSW2 you could choose from a variety of base boards and then build tracks, add signalling, choose from building assets, etc.

All with scaled down versions of all your favourite TSW2 locos and rolling stock.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

This is basically what the full editor would be able to do. Except you would have to make the room really big instead of making the trains really small.

For now, I suggest looking at TSxx, it's route editor, and this template. Alternatively, if you don't need accurate trains, you can look at "Trainz railroad simulator", which is based around the idea of making layouts rather than driving.

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DTG won't be releasing a editior to tsw2 after lying to customers saying that it would come. They just couldn't make it work for all platforms

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tomas9970

Depends on what you mean. If you are talking about the tool being usable on a consoles, that was never planned because the whole UE4 editor simply isn't made for that and if it was, it would not be anywhere near as powerful as it is now. If you are talking about content created using the editor being usable on consoles, that's the main issue at the moment that needs to be resolved (mainly from the legal point fo view).

There's apperently also something about route-building process changing with the LGV route but I don't know how much it affects everything.

5. tallboy7648

Not consoles but on all platforms. PC included. They said that it would not be coming at all because they couldn't make it work and I'd also assume for legal reasons.

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They weren't lying.

7. tallboy7648

Sam told me himself mate. They made a promise on which they couldn't deliver after constanly saying time and time that a editior was coming

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They made a promise that an editor was coming and then changed priorities, ie wanting to make all platforms look and feel the same in how they operate, thus the editor won't happen unless DTG can find a way for consoles to share and be shared with in the same way as PCs can be and without opening themselves up to litigation by IP holders

9. tallboy7648

Of course they changed priorities and bascially lied like how sam told be in a different thread even though they didn't intend to do so

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

Please rephrase this as I can't make out your meaning

And from the point they changed priorities they didn't make any mention of the editor, so if you believe that silence is akin to lying then you're right.
    Personally I could see months and months ago what was going on and knew that the chatter on here was pointless. Shame DTG didn't quash it sooner even if only to shut people up because the barking and finger pointing gets tedious

11. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t go straight to saying “they lied”, more like they mislead us. They claimed we would be getting an editor (in the time when DTG promised lots of things they couldn’t deliver on), they showed the editor on stream... and then we never had another look or any new information on it.

They then said it wouldn’t be coming because of legal issues (which I think is bs because they have a regular TS editor, although it could be an issue with Unreal Engine).

I wouldn’t blame it on DTG to not release the editor on console because it’s basically impossible, but I think they should release it for PC and allow PC players to create stuff. Then they can have an in game marketplace where console players can download the routes the PC Players make.

• Like Like x 2
  12. tallboy7648

I agree that they should have a editior for pc players at the very least. PC and console are not the same them trying to equalize things is simply not possible. Also I don't think it's fair for pc players either. Now since ts2021 has a editor then I guess legal issues may not be the problem. It could be a issue with unreal but they have been using the same engine for almost 5 years when developing tsw so I can't understand why they would still have issues with the engine if they already know how it works

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZeenozPlays

I don’t think there’s issues with Unreal with PC, I think there’s an issue with getting it to work on console.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

The difference between the TSx editor and the TSW one would be that the TS editor only allows you to edit TS content, whereas the TSW editor is a revised version of the UE4 editor, allowing you to edit ANY UE4 content, not just TSW
    That's what I've got from the snippets MattP and others have said on stream and on posts here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ARuscoe

Yes it is. It's that the PC brigade seem to want everything how they want it is the problem here. If they'd never mentioned an editor then it would be less of an issue and the PC brigade would stick to TSx (except they wouldn't as they would play TSW but grumble slightly less)
    See my comment above this one. The UE4 editor would enable ALL UE4 content to be editted. TSx editor doesn't

16. tallboy7648

I play on both pc and console, mostly console and I think trying to bring pc and console together would be nice but may also restrict what pc players can do since consoles tend to have many restrictions.

17. ZeenozPlays

Moving forward, the only real restriction with consoles is mod support. And External Controllers.

The new consoles are about as strong as a ‘High end’ PC. There won’t be many, if any, things that will be restricting on console.

18. tallboy7648

True

• Like Like x 1
  19. ARuscoe

Yes, and that's what DTG have chosen to do so that everyone has the same experience. Kind of tough on PC people who are used to modding their way to oblivion but there are good sides to not having a 3rd party modding base, in that right now if you want somethign in game you have only DTG to go to when it messes up. If someone has added mods then DTG have ZERO onus to fix their issues until all mods have been removed

That and you don't need to go to thirty different websites to get one reskin working

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tomas9970

Oh what kind of thread have I created....

Clearly mod distribution platform is where everything is stuck and not the actual tool. Can we please end this?

21. tallboy7648

Modding does become a headache in tsw2 at times

22. Tomas9970

That's usually what you sign up for unless the modding aspect of that specific game is severely limited.

There's just no way around that.

• Like Like x 2
  23. tallboy7648

I know that