What Next New Route For Train Sim World?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by deancalder15, Feb 3, 2019.

1. deancalder15

deancalder15 Active Member

Next new route?

2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Metro north or MBTA commuter rail

• Like Like x 1
  3. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

I don’t know but I thought that another German Route would be coming.
    I hope it would be another country not in Germany, USA or UK...
    But I think it will be USA or Germany for the next route.

4. deancalder15

deancalder15 Active Member

Scotland route?

5. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Patience. They only announce these every few months, the end of last year was an exception because they wanted to get everything out ahead of the holiday rush. Nobody knows when the next route is, and nobody will know until DTG announces it (see the Dovetail Live section), so there is little point in asking.

Also, as a side note, all the DLC thus far has followed a strict US/UK/DE cycle, so the next route will probably not be in Scotland. It will probably be in Germany.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Germany is most likely next, then US.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

What's next is for crystal ball, we can expect future line according previous experience as Anthony write above, but nothing is set in stone. DGT internaly work on new content for 2019.
    Now only known things are Editor tools publishing, and Diesel-Electric simulation rework.

• Like Like x 1
  8. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to get the editor rather than a new route, but DTG need to make money to pay the staff so a new route will most probably be their priority.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Every route takes 8 months and DTG is making three routes at a time. Since the last German route was released in the middle of August, the next route will be released in the middle of March. I have estimated on the Baseless speculation thread based on the "Rostock" clue that the next route will be either Bad Kleinen–Rostock railway or Stralsund–Rostock railway but I can't prove anything.

10. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

A German route? Well, I prefer this than the American routes! The American routes are a little out of style for DTG

11. Anthony Pecoraro

Huh?

12. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

13. Anthony Pecoraro

What do you mean by the American routes are out of style for DTG?

14. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

Anthony Pecoraro, what I meant by "out of style" was that the DTG could not recreate the colors, traffic, and right environments of an American railroad. In my opinion and just my opinion, I think DTG would do better routes German and British routes, and probably a French and Swiss route.

15. Anthony Pecoraro

CSX Heavy Haul and Long Island Railroad were done very well. I still just don’t understand your point.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

For ps4,no!

17. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

They were made to the same quality as the other routes. As far as I know, the PS4 versions of routes aren't actually different.

18. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

In the colour and fps,yes

19. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

This is just because a console is not of high enough quality in many ways for simulation.

20. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

21. raquel2017k

raquel2017k New Member

I just wanted to see the MBTA, NJT, And Metro North On Train sim world 2. Loco Addon Will Be The U34CH With the Comet i cars, F40PH-2C or 3c or the Old F40PH with the 70s CTC-1 BTC-1 80s CTC-1 And BTC-1. Metro North Shoreliners And Comets With The P32. Maybe All will be in train sim World 2.

22. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The environment and the surroundings in the lirr were modeled unrealistically compared to real life. They got the lighting terribly wrong in the route inside the tunnels because it's way too bright compared to real life. Penn Station was modeled incorrectly for the lirr platforms as well and seemed to be a copy paste from nec to lirr. When your heading from Floral park to hempstead, there are supossed to be massive trees on the sides of the tracks. Almost like driving through a wooden area and your not suppossed to see the houses on the run down to hempstead from floral park

23. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Spanish route i think it will be the next . you can shaw a new idea for a spanish route in the post ( renfe cercanias madrid line c9 )

24. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

If you want to know what is coming for TSW2, look at the roadmap.

25. tallboy7648

I'd highly doubt a spanish route will come anytime soon. I think it would be cool but I just don't think that's happening

• Like Like x 4
  26. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

The next route for TSW2 is probably LGV Mediterranee: Marseille-Avignon with SNCF TGV Duplex

27. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I was very upset at how they modeled Woodside. They didn’t even use the real MTA Turnstiles.

28. ZeenozPlays

And I’m pretty sure they said something about licensing being difficult.

• Like Like x 2
  29. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I see that this years-old thread has been revived and taken out of context and yet continues to get replies. It’s twisting my melon. Back on topic, I’m guessing the next route will be German and involve some kind of ramp. Let’s go live now to February 2019 to see if I’m right... yes it’s MSB. It’s going to be great/it was great/it may be great again some day if they fix TSW2. What? Wait, there’s a TSW2? Yes, we’re back in November 2020 now. Carry on...

• Like Like x 4
  30. tallboy7648

I don't get why they didn't use the proper turnstiles at woodside. So much for modeling routes and stations as realistically as possible

• Like Like x 1
  31. ZeenozPlays

They probably didn’t even go to the station or get any pics from it. Everything about Woodside is incorrect. I could say the same for Atlantic Av, Nostrand Av, and Penn Station.

32. tallboy7648

I believe they said that they couldn't get access to the Long Island railroad at all, but even if that's true, they could've used images to model it as close to real life as possible. They claim to use images when modeling things but I guess for some parts of the route, it was not the case

• Like Like x 1
  33. mrchuck

they should extend it to oyster bay or port Jefferson because they mention scenarios that take passengers to port Jefferson in Hicksville handeler.

34. ZeenozPlays

They aren’t extending anything, if they wanted to make something to Port Jefferson, Oyster Bay, or Port Washington they would create a new route for it.

35. ZeenozPlays

And by not reviewing the real images, you sacrificing accuracy and realism. A lot of the LIRR in-game isn’t accurate to real life.
    It’s really crazy when you think about how we have Google Maps, Earth, and Street View. Yet it seems that they only used Google Earth and didn’t actually spend much time with the interiors of stations.

• Like Like x 3
  36. tallboy7648

I bet thats exactly what they did. I hope that if they make the MTA Metro-North Railroad, they don't make the same environmental mistakes that they did with the Long Island Railroad

• Like Like x 1
  37. ZeenozPlays

I hope that as well. Most requested is the Hudson Line, so they’ll definitely need to keep it life like or it’ll look off.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

If they do the Hudson Line it would most likely look similar to the TS20XX version. (Unsure how accurate it is, not familiar with the New York area.)

39. mrchuck

If they do metro north I would definitely like to see the Hudson or Harlem lines.

40. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

On Oakville Subdivision Route, it really seems like they didn't even attempt to use Google Earth as there are buildings that flat out don't exist in real life. Their route building techniques have drastically improved since then, but there really was a time period in TSW where it seemed like they just guessed what should be in the area , rather than spend any resources seeing if it existed or not (like the missing skyline in Essen Hbf).

• Like Like x 1
  41. ZeenozPlays

Crazy how they call it the Harlem line with only 1 Station in Harlem. I’d prefer the Hudson though, the scenery is incredibly nice. Harlem would be my second choice with the New Haven Line coming last.

42. ZeenozPlays

Pure Laziness.

43. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'd love some vintage 1950s US routes, like the NEC in PRR days with GG1s, part of the NYC Water Level Route, PRR Horseshoe Curve, SP Peninsula Corridor, and Tehachapi Pass. EMD F-Units, E-Units, Geeps, early SDs, Alcos, Fairbanks-Morse diesels, and Baldwins would be great additions to the game.

44. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

From riding the Hudson line often in real life, I can confirm DTG did a great job with modelling the Hudson line in Train Simulator 20XX. I would say, the only thing that appears incorrect is, the CSX Croton West yard. The 3rd rail ends at CP34 or milepost 34 along the Hudson line, just north of Croton Harmon yard, but in TS, the 3rd rail continues almost to the end of the CSX Croton West Yard.

Even though an unofficial extension of the Hudson Line exists up to Albany, I really wish DTG created the full span of the Metro North Hudson Line from GCT to Poughkeepsie, instead of ending the run at Croton Harmon. Hopefully, an official extension of the Hudson could be created by DTG that extends the Metro North route north to Poughkeepsie.

45. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Since the New Haven Line and Hudson line were created for TS20XX, hopefully DTG officially creates the Harlem line for TS20XX at some point. That would then complete all electrified portions of the Metro North East of Hudson Lines

46. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why anyone would expect DTG to recreate scenery exactly as it is in real life. Do you not realise how long that would take? Dense urban areas are never going to be exactly like they are in real life. Every building placed by route builders would have to be selected by finding an image of the real one, matching it to an existing asset, and placing and resizing that asset to match both the picture and a map or aerial photo. Thousands upon thousands of buildings. Routes would never get finished. Other than easily matched buildings, major landmarks and structures of interest, the scenery is made to capture the feel of a place not imitate it exactly. DTG actually do this very well, especially in TSW, and more accurately than some give them credit for.

• Like Like x 3
  47. ZeenozPlays

But you’re not really capturing the feel of a place if it’s not accurate. We’re not saying TSW isn’t fully accurate, they just need to put more work into certain things.

There’s no reason why we are going through an open spot of land in-game when it looks almost like a forest in real life.
    There’s no reason why a station should look nothing like it’s real life counterpart.
    There’s no reason that skyscrapers should be missing from a city area.
    That is what takes away from the immersion, and having those types of inaccuracies, does not capture the feel of a place.

The Hempstead Branch, Woodside, LIC, Nostrand Av, Penn Station, and even Jamaica are all inaccurate to their real life counterparts in-game. The M3 itself needs lots of work. That’s just for LIRR. There’s more stuff on other routes like the skyscrapers being missing at Essen on RRO.

Not really capturing the feeling if your missing the main part of the scenery.

We’re not asking for the routes to be 100% accurate, that’s impossible. But they need to put more effort into certain parts of the rolling stock, and the route itself.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  48. tallboy7648

Well when a company advertises their route as being made realistically as possible, then a customer expects that to be the case. If it's not it can kill immersion mate and I assume you would know that

• Like Like x 1
  49. tallboy7648

To get the full hudson line from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie would be cool. A third party actually made a extension in ts2021 from Croton Harmon to Poughkeepsie

50. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

We're not asking for every single structure to be represented, but what you described as "easily matched buildings, major landmarks, and structures of interests." An entire city's SKYLINE is missing in Essen Hbf. If you didn't know any better, you would think Essen is a nice suburb instead of an actual city. And the problem with Oakville is that there are stretches of track where you see a parking garage where there should be trees instead and a trackside warehouse completely missing. We're not expecting 1:1 scale accuracy, but something that might distantly resemble what should be there in reality.

• Like Like x 5