Roadmap Update 24th November 2020

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Nov 24, 2020.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

[​IMG]
    You can read the full update here.

Use this thread for any feedback and discussion you may have.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh nice :D. It's also good to see TSG's stuff on the roadmap

• Like Like x 5
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The DB BR420 was one of my favourite trains in Train Simulator, so I was happy to see it appear on the roadmap today. However, I don't own Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr (because I really do not need yet another modern German route...). I guess this means there's no point in buying the BR420.

The route add-on dependencies for loco add-ons is silly. I suggest to ged rid of it ASAP. The current systems will only bring more limitations as the number of add-ons created grows.

Make it work like Train Simulator, where routes were only required to run a set of scenarios, but loco add-ons could be used freely in Quick Drive, Free Roam and user created scenarios.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Interesting that the point "[Fix] Some S-Bahn services on Koln-Aachen are getting stuck a red signals attempting to traverse the single line section." is both in "Upcoming" and "In Planning" :D Nice to see the Loco DLC's that were discussed for a long time finally on the roadmap!

• Like Like x 5
  5. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

errm, Maik told me himself the 420 was for Munchen to Augsburg, will this be a substitution job?

6. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

The DB BR 232 :D :D :D One of my favorite locomotives is finally coming to Train Sim World. Thank you Maik Goltz

• Like Like x 13
  7. CGInv

CGInv Member

Shame looks like we are no further forward on the red light issue with gwr and north trans pennine. Seems to be the only thing that I'm waiting for impatiently

• Like Like x 3
  8. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

OMG, when I just saw that Maik Goltz is working on the DB BR 232 I simply could't stop smiling. One of my dreams for TSW(2) just came true :D This will be epic ;)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  9. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Nice to see the TSG stuff is now on the roadmap and more importantly, we now know what routes they are for.
    • The G6 is for Rhein-Ruhr Osten
    • The BR 420 is for Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg
    • The BR 232 is for Ruhr-Sieg Nord
    Also worth noting that every Route/Loco add-on that was revealed in the first roadmap is now in production, since the last 4 add-ons that were only in planning last time (The Class 465 and the BR 101, plus the two route add-ons the Arosa Line (From Rivet Games) & Hamburg-Lübeck) have entered production.

EDIT: Route that the BR 420 is for has changed to München-Augsburg.

• Like Like x 5
  10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Finally! Stujoy did it! The missing sun in the sky made it in the roadmap.

Also those two points were very amusing

• [Working as designed] Köln-Aachen - The aircraft that passes over Koln Hbf is modelled inaccurately. The engines should be closer to the fuselage.
    • [Working as designed] München - Augsburg - Maximum speed limit is 230km/h instead of 280km/h.

• Like Like x 6
  11. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

THIS RIGHT HERE. We shouldn’t have to go through and create a custom scenario, and get the AI set up in order to drive a different train. I should be able to take the BR 423 and put it on SKA or take the BR 420 and put it on RRO, SKA, or HMA. Plus, the Scenario Planner is too simple, if I want to do a full back-forth journey, I should be able to in regular timetable mode.

• Like Like x 8
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The sun will come out tomorrow*. Bet your bottom dollar, that tomorrow there’ll be sun.

*maybe a little later than tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  13. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I'd like to have a scenario planner similar to TS. That would allow full customization of consists, routing, and AI

• Like Like x 1
  14. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

My absolute highlight in that roadmap is the arrival of the DB BR 232, the former DR BR 132 or simply "Ludmila". I'm very curious if it has the updated Kolomna dieselengine with 4000 hp. I'm absolutely hyped.

• Like Like x 2
  15. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Am I tripping? I see the train for HMA.

"★ [Loco Add-On] DBB-L5 01 - DB BR 420 Electric Multiple Unit (For München - Augsburg - Developed by Maik Goltz)."

16. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

It was before to HRR but it got edited

• Like Like x 1
  17. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Looks like someone made a quick fix.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mclitke

So probably misscommunication or simply an oopsie. From the German forums it was quite clear that it was made for HMA and I was confused...

19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I don't own München-Augsburg either (I don't have any need for yet another modern German route), so the problem is the same. Loco add-ons should not require a specific route add-on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

So no mention of the widely reported BR 363 cement scenario and other broken services.

Does this mean that as this is not on this roadmap, DTG have no intention of fixing it? There has been plenty of time to check the issue.

Sorry if I appear blunt, but this is a good example where a widely reported issue, not being listed ,even as under investigation causes a whole lot of frustration.

• Like Like x 6
  21. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Well. This roadmap is one juicy pineapple. So many amazing locos and fixes on the roadmap. DB BR 232 :D, love it. If they nail the sound with all the rattles and that ungodly loud fan, i can only imagine the sheer amount of joy we will get from it in TSW 2. My wallet is ready. Thank you to DTG and the 2nd and 3rd parties involved for your hard work. Keep it up. Cheers

Let me put this here. You can thank me later ;)

• Like Like x 12
  22. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Also notice the DB BR 101 has moved from planning to in production and it is no longer for Koln-Aachen but for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr (somewhere it actually runs). I hope it gets layers for Munich-Augsburg alongside that. Seems they forget to label that its moved up as well.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

More German locos and trains. Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

DB BR 232?? Yees, Людмила)

• Like Like x 2
  25. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

There are a few items that have moved up but aren't marked as such, rather underplays the differences between this roadmap and the last one. Also where something like the intended route a DLC loco is being made for changes, it would be nice to note that rather than having to read these comments to find out. Only a small amount of people who read the roadmap probably come in here, it should be a stand-alone document.

26. mclitke

interesting, nice spotting there. HRR could use some more traffic, there are hella lot of rails. (hint DTG, add a ICE3 layer to the timetable please, the actual line has been in scenario planner since release! ;))
    Anyway better than Köln Aachen where it is seen bypassing the station at most.

• Like Like x 1
  27. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

Yes. i was expecting db br 101 for HMA but instead it will go to HRR. Consoles limitation start to hit.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Oh my! I count 13 fixes and improvements for SPG coming shortly. Will they be released before the Dash 8, it seems unlikely. I haven't had 13 problems with the route but I'm well aware that many people have, especially console players so I'm happy for them. It's a pretty good Roadmap, even though the new freight routes are still in the distance.
    Oh, and well done Stujoy. So, the squeaky wheel does get the grease. Let the sun shine.
    Wish a real consist editor/creator would miraculously appear. We can dream.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Well I'm hoping they'll just do what they've done previously with HMA and make the layer unavailable for consoles. I still think its probably 2-3 months at least from release anyway so maybe they'll have fixed some of the console layer and memory issues by then

30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’ll be interesting to see if the 420 gets released for consoles.

The 420 will be an added layer for HMA, but additional layers are currently disabled on HMA due to performance problems.

• Like Like x 1
  31. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

DB 232 looks nice, so long as the sounds hit the sweet spot. Please give us some passenger consists with it for the Scenario creator.

Disappointed to see tunnel and bridge occlusion not specifically mentioned as this affects Preserved and New Routes alike.

Likewise red signals preventing a player created scenario starting should be close to the top of the list, especially NTP as one of the best UK routes.

Of the forthcoming routes, well Cane Creek for the scenery and the Arosa Line too are on the definite shopping list even if the (prototype) service levels are a little sparse.

• Like Like x 2
  32. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add: the sun is also missing on XBOX on the TSW2 routes, but is there for the Preserved Collection.
    81d3bfbb-7a00-409f-8f64-08731e9e38fd.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  33. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I'd imagine they'll fix the layers problem on HMA (It's a wider memory issue I believe) before the 420 releases (and possibly even delay it). I can imagine some console players getting their knickers in a twist if it was PC-exclusive.

34. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The "Cement" scenario is fixed, I just did it and got the trophy!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’d be getting my knickers in a twist that’s for sure. I like the 420.

36. mclitke

good news! Read on some other post here there were apparently RSN fixes as well. But very weird that they were not mentioned in the patch notes.

• Like Like x 1
  37. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

All looking very nice with the new routes, but what about the audio problems with your preserved collection? Loads of people reporting problems and they made no advancement in your roadmap!

• [Investigate] Audio issues being reported for recent Preserved Collection releases.
    (under IN PLANNING)

Question is, when are you planning to start this so awaited investigation? Before TSW3 gets announced?

• Like Like x 1
  38. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Well nothing really that exciting this time round. Can't play scenario planner on my route for NTP as of red signals.
    Game breaking bugs should be fixed first.
    Looks like south eastern high speed arriving in 2021.

Looks like aswell have to wait for yearly updates for Improvements like Mastery , scenario planner.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Outside of the Dash 8 being released as well as the bug fixes, nothing really exciting for me this week....

40. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are a lot of fixes for SPG but there are still a few issues. I don’t know if it’s been reported as a bug but I’ve found it impossible to get up the grade in the rain with the intermodal trains with any combination of locos. Then there’s the AC dynamic brakes but that is still on the roadmap for a fix. There are probably others but these fixes are great progress.

I just couldn’t let the sun being missing go without a fight and luckily got it brought up in the live stream. I’m very happy it’s getting a fix even if I had to squeak loudly. I’m also happy with a lot of what’s on the roadmap, even one thing I (and others) reported that has been taken off it because it was operator error and actually works. I’d always used the Dpad shortcut for turning the headlights on in the DB freight locos but when that shortcut disappeared I couldn’t get the headlights on because I didn’t realise there is an extra control behind the driver to select which signal lights you want. Without that set to headlights, the headlight switch on driver’s console is never going to put headlights on. You live and learn.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Clumsy Pacer

They moved down to production which probably means they failed QA. Idk about you but I'd rather wait for a fix that works.

42. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Take my money!!!

• Like Like x 1
  43. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Congratulations, Stujoy! I hope you are absolutely happy) Could someone make me happy and transfer my request to DTG development team about release of planned Clinchfield railroad with original (TS version) length?

• Like Like x 1
  44. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Is that short 6 miles really worth it though? Only real notable addition to the route is the connection with the Norfolk and Western Railroad in St Paul, and thats about it.

45. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Brilliant - 10/10 for fixing the cement scenario. 0/10 for communication!

• Like Like x 2
  46. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Yep disappointed to see it’s made little progress.

I can’t say I’ve noticed the absence of a sun on my PS4 but I have noticed an absence of green signals.

47. Clumsy Pacer

If you're talking about the Class 31 scenario Cement Circles, I think it just fixed itself when either Tees Valley or the Class 31 were preserved, and it was mentioned on one of the roadmap streams.

48. mclitke

No it is in regard to the DB BR 363 shunter.

• Like Like x 2
  49. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Oh yes but can't play it anyway so will be waiting.

50. mclitke

Just quick note, Sam read my question about BR 101 on stream right now and they confirmed that it is no typo that DB BR 101 has changed from SKA to HRR.

• Like Like x 5