PlayStation Todays Update To Spg Powering America Part1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Slemcer, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Really? That's what you think is right? I don't think so!
    The scenario got cut short, it ends now when the coal cars get coupled to the other waiting train.
    No drive to Rockwood, no chance to gain enough AP, and hence no medals can be achieved ...

I don't think that the team behind this "update" has even the faintest idea what is necessary and what has to be done. Try it again, and soon, or even sooner!

• Like Like x 1
  2. kolobok 66-rus

kolobok 66-rus New Member

I went through this scenario before the fix, apparently I was lucky. If you do not have enough points to get a Gold medal, you need to move back and forth, back and forth , until you accumulate the necessary amount of XP per movement.

3. Slemcer

kolobok 66-rus That's not gonna happen! Medals are an integral part of the game and it's imperative that they can be achieved for every scenario or timetable service, and this of course with a standard flawless run and without any kind of workaround.

Furthermore, I had tried this scenario via journey mode, it kinda worked ok, which means all objectives showed up when the requirements have been met. Not so, when it gets started directly. Now it's just another task that never is considered done....

Edit: I probably should describe what I've seen, so this is how it happens. After activating the slow speed control (with 2 mph) the next task is to release the independent brake and up the throttle to at least notch 2. The game recognises this and bestows 250 AP, but the following task doesn't trigger. Broken!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  4. Slemcer

Ok, a slight modification to my rant. I even got a gold medal, but the game didn't show it during the debriefing. That's a different issue. And before any questions are asked, I never finished this scenario before.

5. Slemcer

I'm so sorry, but I can't stop half way, so these additional issues have to be addressed too.
    The part #1 scenario starts at 2:00 p.m. and it is shown to be done within 45 minutes (when driving to Rockwood Junction). Now this time should be considerable less. But then, the next part starts at 2:30 p.m., how's that? A different day or different time zone? Maybe a different universe?

Really, there obviously is not even a single person at DTG that spends some thoughts about this .... ridiculous!

Oh, I almost forgot the second weird issue. When you push the loaded coal cars some 500m back to couple them to the waiting train, they get another load of coal on top as long as you're driving below a certain speed. I don't think this to be authentic.

It all seems to be a life performance of the Sorcerer's Apprentice . . .

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020