A Bit Lost

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dhekelian, Nov 24, 2020.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Although I have had previous versions, still have, of ts I did not play it much and also purchased some routes.
    I was under the impression if you had bought preserved routes on previous versions they would be available in TSW2.
    I already have the Great Weston Route add on and was hoping to have it on TSW2. I read a post that said to ignore the price in store and it will download for free. I just ended up paying £24.99 for something I thought I would get for free.
    Could someone be as kind to point me to an explanation of how to get previous preserved routes to show up in TSW 2 and the correct procedure of how to download them?
    I am on the PC and use steam and have all versions in steam although they are on separate drives, would this be a problem?

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Do you have the previous game, TSW2020? Your post is implying to me that you have GWML in TS2021 and expecting it'd be available in TSW2? If so, that's not the case. TS2021 and the TSW series are not compatible in any way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Preserved collection only works between TSW2020 and TSW2, and you'd need to own both games on the same platform (so basically, the same Steam account). Owning DLC without the game won't work. You don't need to one game installed to have perserved collection working for the other game.

Train Simulator is a completely different game with different DLCs. They might share similarities, but pretty sure there isn't a DLC called "Great Western Express" for Train Simulator.

4. dhekelian

originally I had ts 2019 I think then it was upgraded to (it upgraded itself) ts2020 and then ts2021 . So you are saying ts 2021 is not compatible at all? It is the same game no? oh well thanks for the info.

5. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The marketing team needs to go back to the drawing board.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Train Simulator (TS) ≠ Train Sim World (TSW)

7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

TS2021 and Train Sim World 2 are two completely different products, not compatible with each other.

There's the very old Great Western Main Line, running from Oxford to London Paddington.

8. dhekelian

Thinking about it, I might even have had ts 2018. I think you're right there Cameron's Gaming, I must have had the very old Great Western Main line. I was confused between the different versions, my bad, sorry. Now if I could figure out how to turn those damn wipers off...... LOL.

9. box215

box215 Active Member

Well, welcome to TSW!
    Hope youre enjoying your accidental download

10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

V or shift-V. May need to hold the keys for a bit to cycle through different settings.

TS and TSW share quite a few keybinds.

11. dhekelian

Yeah, thanks box215. I love the Great Western routes. Shame there is no Didcot Parkway in there, ah well.
    Thanks Purno. I just started to get used to the immersion settings when with the Great Western route you have to use classic!