Lgv Trophies Added - Thoughts Overall On Achievements

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thundergaming11, Nov 25, 2020.

1. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

For us trophy hunters out there, here's what to expect,

10 trophies have just been added: AStats - Train Sim World® 2 - Game Info
    LGV: TGV Trained - Complete all training modules on LGV Méditerranée
    LGV: A Great Triumph - Complete all scenarios on LGV Méditerranée
    LGV: Master of the Méditerranée - Complete all route tasks on LGV Méditerranée
    LGV: Starting off Strong - Complete 1 service on LGV Méditerranée
    LGV: West of the Line - Complete 50 services on LGV Méditerranée
    LGV: Ready for Service - Complete LGV Méditerranée scenario 'Depot Duty'
    LGV: Battling the Elements - Complete LGV Méditerranée scenario 'Bad Things'
    TGV: Breezing Through - Operate the TGV Duplex for 20 kilometres
    TGV: Over in a Flash - Operate the TGV Duplex for 200 kilometres
    TGV: A French Connection - Complete 150 passenger boarding tasks in the TGV Duplex

On the topic of achievements what are your thoughts overall on achievements in TSW 2. Are there achievements you would like to see or see less of? For me I think it would be better to see achievements for earning Gold medals (route specific) or earning certain amount of AP in scenarios and timetable mode, instead of simply "completing" them. That way it gives a more fulfilling sense of achieving something, like with operating a train over a long distance.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Suprised there's one for 200km - given the speed you reach in these units, that achievement could be done in 1 or 2 runs...
    2000km would have been better

3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd like that better. I still only have 5 to 10% of the required distances for br 101 and db br 155. Personally I'd rather have something that feels achievable rather than monstrous.
    Overall I like the balance of short and long termed achievements. I am still not convinced to buy the route immediately though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

No of course , probably best to wait until you can see what bugs are in this one and how many wil be fixed immediate ly

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I like receiving trophies on PSN for achieving specific tasks. I don’t necessarily go for all the trophies, but when I’ve done what is required, it’s essential that it is awarded. There are still issues with trophies being awarded at the correct time. Either too early or too late or not being awarded when doing all scenarios on IoW.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I'm dreaming about Mastery, when introduced, first syncs with everything already achieved - THAT would be a real achievment everyone would be happy with :)

Regarding the steam achievments, I personaly find it funny when I have to reach gigantic amounts of distance traveled with certain locos (1850 km ...) ;-)
    Since I'm a scenario lover (because in scenarios there is happening more most of the time) I would welcome an unlock for every scenario done gold. But to be clear: I'm not a hunter but get excited from time to time when something unlocks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Yup, already in list
    Screenshot_20201125-172121.jpg

8. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

Could not agree more! Quality measures are more relevant to me and others like me than Achievements awarded merely for showing up. "Operate the TGV Duplex for 20km"? Why would someone buy the LGV and not drive the TGV Duplex?

Getting people to try the scenarios and earn a Gold Medal on each one seems more the sort of challenge that would appeal to most people -- Gold Medals aren't a great quality measure, but they at least establish a baseline that drivers can aim for, don't they? I play a lot, but having found many of the Achievements fatuous or worse, I haven't looked at them in ages. I rely on setting personal goals relating to scores and other measures, but cleverly designed Achievements would really interest me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I guess that without any unforeseen circumstances we’ll have LGV before Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Will probably be in 2-3 weeks, giving us the traditional pre christmas route release before the christmas holidays

• Like Like x 1
  11. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The achievements and trophies can be quite predictable. It's easier to make hooks to passing set milestones than to do something more fun like correctly using the safety controls and stopping accurately/safely at stations. There's nothing in place for passenger comfort so you can brake and accelerate as hard as you like (within adhesion physics).

I suppose gold medal trophies could be done with DLC as you see that done in the base game. Those can be quite easy to obtain on a route where stations are many kilometres from each other so maybe it wouldn't be too challenging anyway on this. Furthermore you can leave early making gold medals even easier.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020