PC First Ctd In Ages

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by PeteW, Nov 25, 2020.

1. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Updated TSW2 tonight. Running AMD RX9700 with driver 20.9.1.
    First CTD in a while in the UE - see attached screenshot.
    Was on the Rhein Ruhr Osten line - Scenario Commuter Conclusion - approx after 15 minutes in to scenario
    Wasn't long after a 1ish second stutter
    UE4_TSW2_CTD_obf.JPG UE4_TSW2_CTD_obf.JPG UE4_TSW2_CTD_obf.JPG
    UE4_TSW2_CTD_obf.JPG

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Upgrade you GPU drivers to the latest I am currently on 20.11.1 and I am not having any issues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PeteW

PeteW Active Member

Hi
    Thanks for the reply Michael. I did check for new drivers via the AMD Radeon S/W before posting and it told me I was on the latest. I notice going direct to AMD there is an optional update to 20.11.2 (I see no 20.11.1 at this moment - probably superseded). I will certainly try this release.
    It's just a little concerning that after months of stability, that an update of TSW2 tonight caused a crash on the first run using the "recommended" AMD driver.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

You're welcome someone here has also tested 20.11.2 and have found it to be stable as well either way both versions are good to run TSW2.

5. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

I have a ticket in on this - the issue is (possibly) CPU-related, not GPU-related. It is of course a good idea to keep all drivers updated, including BIOS drivers - but that is not the complete fix for the UE crash in the first 5 minutes in TSW 2. The Devs are looking at it - if you are having the problem, please join me in placing support tickets so they can have all the information available.

6. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

No problem today after the Mastery patch