PlayStation This Tsw2 Needs Multi-player

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mrssll1, Nov 24, 2020.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.3%
  1. mrssll1

mrssll1 New Member

This sim needs multi-player

2. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I think the poll says otherwise. I’d much rather they continued to concentrate their limited time and resources on fixing the old bugged DLC’s to a high standard and making new ones.

• Like Like x 8
  3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I don't wan't multiplayer, just because people are than glitching and breaking stuff. So It's for me a waste of time that I could spend doing a service.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say it needs it, but it’s more of a “yeah it COULD be cool”.

Think about this though... TROLLS.

Yes I would like to be a conductor on a train another person is driving, but whose saying that another person won’t just go AFK, or crash into you?

5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

No it doesn't need multiplayer.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  6. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

totally agree with that

7. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

100000% would nuke my router if multiplayer was enabled by default. Never no way not having it.

8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I personally have no interest in multiplayer. Would rather any resources go into improving the core experience, making new routes and bringing steam locomotives to TSW.

If it does come to the game, I just hope DTG don't make any multiplayer only achievements/trophies. These are the worse kind of trophies in other games :|

• Like Like x 1
  9. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Multiplayer would be great, but only when the game gets stable which is impossible due to DTG managment... They already broke the game with issues and bugs due to bringing Scenario planner , livery designer and Preserved collection to the TSW 2. They Lost a chance of begining TSW 2 like a fresh start...

10. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

A working mastery would be great!

What I can only imagine is that the AI trains are controlled by real players, a kind of live mastery, so to speak. But this requires an extra server, etc., which cannot be easily implemented. TSW is by nature not an MP game. All other ideas are too short for me in terms of playing technique.

If so, you can do something like that through the Mastery. First passively, then maybe actively. And that requires the PS5. I also think that the priorities will be completely different until then.

Once the Mastery works, it would be a nice thing to see who is currently live where and with what and to get this displayed in the game. Quasi as a preliminary stage to active mastery. So you wouldn't feel so alone on the route and would bring more dynamics into the game, because of signals, etc. But I see that in the far distance, if at all. Nevertheless, I still think that in the long term it is not wrong to want to lead a trainsim out of complete isolation.

That seems to me to be the necessary basic requirements, the techn. have to be implemented first. Another step could be to get on another player's train, as a passenger or to take on tasks. But until then...

11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Train Sim World is pretty troll-proof considering that passing a red light kicks you out no matter what, and those who say that the resources that would be used on multiplayer could be used elsewhere forget to realise that DTG could easily make a dedicated team just to maintain the multiplayer component of the game. Alternatively, they could just let the community use their own servers like in Bus Simulator.

Multiplayer is a selling point for a lot of games, and it would work incredibly well in Train Sim World. If you don't want it, don't play it.

12. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I would want it, but I feel like they won’t do it right. I just have that feeling.

13. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

For me, they should just concentrate on making the single player world more immersive, TSW2 is a game I play to relax and get away from the world, I just don't see how multiplayer would add to it. I play it to get away from people, not to join with them. I can get my multiplayer fix in plenty of other ways.
    That's not to say I'd be unwilling to embrace it if they ever did do it. I just don't see it as necessary or ever wish it existed.

• Like Like x 3
  14. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I would like to see multiplayer, but there are plenty of other things that should be addressed first.

In addition, most MP games have issues with those individuals who are intent on ruining the fun for other players. Whilst having all trains operated by real people sounds great, it only needs one person to stop a train on a line for everyone else to be ground to a halt.

In a driver and guard example, similar issues could surface. I.e. a guard player refuses to open the door and the person playing as the driver can't complete the scenario.

All these options need to be considered and it's difficult to see how these issues could be worked around.

• Like Like x 4
  15. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

They said that multi-player and new passengers are about the same size of a huge project. In that case I'd rather have a huge passenger rework to be honest...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Time spent on bug fixes and improvements are far more important than multiplayer, that should be the last thing on the list in my opinion

• Like Like x 4
  17. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

But passengers are completely aesthetic and have very little effect on the game itself...

18. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

But with a redesign this doesn't have to be the case. Imagine a dynamic number of passengers at each station depending on the time of day (more at rush hour times or when many passengers change from one train to another). This would lead to a more unpredictable timetable mode where each service is different due to different loading times- a big step to the often requested randomized events, don't you think? :)

Back to topic: I voted no because there is only one way how I can imagine a multiplayer mode would make any sense and this would be if a route with its timetable is loaded on a server and players can take over timetable services. A SPAD would lead to an immediate deletion of the consist and maybe something like that if a player remains static for a too long amount of time. This could be selectable though.

Personally I don't believe a conductor mode might ever happen as there are only very few minor new features in TSW since its first release. Despite the UE upgrades the game is basically the same. Well, we got the action points now... And look how long the bug fixing takes... so given that I hope the focus is on something more important than multiplayer.
    Even if buying Outfits for your Charakter for €4,99 each would make quite a fortune... :X

19. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

There would need to be some smart scripting in the code against idiots who are out to spoil it for other people.

In your driver-guard example, you would need something like, if a player does not open the doors, say 30secs after stopping, they have a pop up to say "You have 30 secs to open the doors or they are kicked out and have a strike against them and AI takes over"

Other instances could include if a human driver stops for no reason or excessive under/overspeeding etc.

3 strikes and your blacklisted on multiplayer for a month and cannot join a session

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  20. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

yes however this is a problem- you can sign in with a different account or IP and no one will notice