Southern Pacific Ac-9

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by MasterofTrains, Feb 17, 2018.

1. MasterofTrains

MasterofTrains Member

Southern Pacific had many well know steam locomotive such as the GS series and the Cab Forwards. The two locomotive types metioned are in game and are pretty good models. The AC series is mostly attacted to the Cab forward (backward yellowstone) but there was a Yellowstone which was AC-9.
    [​IMG]

Southern Pacific recived 12 normal Yellowstones. These were made for the southern part of the system with less tunnels. Parts of this Yellowstone class were streamlined so they were consisered streamlined, At first the 3800 series only worked in the southern area but after they were coverted to oil they were moved to the Modoc line with some connections to donner pass.
    [​IMG]
    Train Simulator version​
    In TS the AC-9 would be most correct on Donner Pass. The locomotive would haul heavy freight or passenger trains would be correct also. The locomotive would most likely come with some era approrite rolling stock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The locomotive may not be the most interesting add-on but it is differnet. The AC-9 would be the first of large front facing firebox locomotives for SP in the sim.

• Like Like x 10
  2. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Great proposal! I think the loco looks like a mix between the SP#4449 and the D&RGW/N&W 2-8-8-2 in the first picture.
    I upvoted!

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Good proposal I like the idea as well, I also upvoted!

4. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

The boxcar you're proposing is too modern to be included for the Southern Pacific AC-9, but it would be an interesting steam locomotive since it was basically a "Forward Cab Forward". Did they run on the entirety of Donner Pass? Or only on part of it? Because when they were converted to oil, I know that they were allocated to run on the Modoc Line, but I'm just not sure how much of Donner Pass they ran on.

5. MasterofTrains

MasterofTrains Member

I wasn't able to find the exact portion of Donner they ran on or if they ran the whole thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

This suggestion definitely has my support.