PC Ac4400cw, Generator Field Turned Off After Game Save

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Rudolf, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I played Powering America part 2.
    I saved the game while driving.
    When I tried to resume the game next day, the AC4400CW would not run any more. It turns out the Generator field was switched off .

There is another issue specific for Powering America. There is no instruction to turn Banking Comm on, neither is it turned on. This makes a huge difference in your driving experience.

EDIT: it does not happen after every save, but I saw it twice out of three times

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I confirm. It happens /o\

3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I've had this happen on Xbox as well

4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I’ve actually run into a few different loco controls (see list below) that no longer function correctly (even though they’re all still set correctly) after restoring my ‘Hamilton Explorer’ saved game in Oakville Sub (running under TSW 2020)- have had these issues for months at this point. In my case, all of these problems occur every single time after restoring this saved game in Oakville Sub... so this is an easy problem for me to reproduce.

I made DTG aware of these issues long ago before they killed off support on TSW 2020, and now we’re seeing issues like this in TSW 2. Given that DTG chose to ignore these issues in 2020, I’m not the least bit surprised.

- train brakes won’t release after saved-game restore... the fix: set the Cut-out valve from Freight to Cut-out, then back to Freight
    - ditch lights are no longer on after saved-game restore... the fix: set the ditch lights rotary switch from Front to Off, then back to Front
    - DPU units (located mid-train) no longer throttle up and down in sync with the units at the front of the train... the fix: turn the Banking Radio in the lead unit at the front of the train from On to Off, then back to On