PC Service 6m49 9:27 No Longer A Double-header Service

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by WonterRail, Nov 26, 2020.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Today, the final piece of preserved collection came out which was the BR Heavy Freight Pack for Northern Trans-Pennine and one thing I've noticed already while playing around with it is that several of the services have had their timings changed, probably for the sake of pathing so trains don't have to be stuck behind red signals for long periods of time, but one service ended up receiving more than just a timing change.

Now in the original version on TSW 2020, among the freight services that came with the pack, two of them were heavy oil services that featured double-heading class 40's that was exclusive to the class 40's. These were 6M49 Leeds-Manchester starting at 9:23 and 6E67 Manchester-Healey Mills starting at 15:55. The later service is still here in the new game, just it's start time has changed to 16:10:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But with the former service, not only was it's start time changed to 9:27, 4 minutes later than before, but it is not a double header service anymore. It's just now a bog standard single header service that is substitutable with the existing NTP roster:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So can someone explain why this service isn't a double header service anymore and would it be possible to change it back to being a double header service??

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Looks like both of them might be shorter trains than before. Is that the case?

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Okay this is worse than you thought. And they are shorter than they were in TSW.

The 6M49 Heavy Oil is actually empty oil tankers. It was 18 TEA tankers in TSW and is 13 tankers in TSW2 but empty

The 6E67 Heavy Oil is loaded oil. That too was 18 tankers in TSW and is 13 tankers in TSW2

It appears that NTP oil trains have been shortened in TSW2. The Leeds to Manchester empty oil trains down from 13 to a measly 9, and the standard loaded oil from Manchester from an already mean 9 tankers to 8 tankers. I compared five services between the two titles, all were shorter.

The Heavy Oil train from Leeds was the only loaded oil train from Leeds in the timetable. It’s probably still supposed to be the heavy oil train that’s still in the game (it is much shorter now) but either it didn’t work because it was still too heavy or they put the wrong consist in the service. The description still says it’s a heavy oil train with two locos.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Yep all the trains were shortened to be both more realistic and less overloaded! The maximum load out of Victoria for a single loco with loaded wagons should now be 8 (the limit of what the 47 can pull out in poor adhesion), any other loaded ones are either 9 or 11, unless double heading where its now 13. Empty wise its a mix of 9/11/ and 13. 6M49 is a woopsie on my part.

Think somehow in my head I thought it was an empty train which I think it may have been always been accidentally, the load went from 18 to 13 as part of the above changes and then I somehow came to the conclusion it didn't even need the second loco due to it being empty, not realising about the description.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2