PC No Engine Audio Lirr.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Pootis_banan, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Pootis_banan

Pootis_banan New Member

I had issues with the m7 LIRR not giving me any engine audio. The audio from the cab(like clicks from the buttons, alerter, horn, etc) was working fine and as intended. I found no fix for the problem so I decided that reinstalling the game may resolve it. I did this and the audio worked fine for a while. However, the audio has now again stopped working and I cannot hear the engine from the train at all. Any fix for this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. andrew17798

andrew17798 New Member

You may have to reload the loco, aka use the free cam to get far enough away, where when you press 1 to go back to driver view, there's a short loading screen.

3. Pootis_banan

Pootis_banan New Member

Attempted that, did not fix my issue, unfortunately. However, upon spawning and leaving the station I had engine sound for a couple of seconds, after this it disappeared.

4. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

The traction motor sounds should come from every car of your train. However, in TSW2, the audio only comes from selected cars.

On certain scenarios, the audio comes from cars further back, so the front car is silent. I recall this happening during the 'Change at Jamaica' scenario.

There are a number of audio bugs in LIRR, including the horn getting quieter when you open the window, and the issue you have described.

Audio issues within the preserved collection are on the roadmap, so hopefully this will be addressed soon.

Reinstalling will not fix it, it's an issue within the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Try opening the door and windows, this gives you a different sound profile. For my ears some of them are backwards, having the door or window closed is louder than when they're open. Maybe this will help get sounds back for you. There is also a hack you'll find by googling where you can edit the configuration of the game directly to change the sound volumes beyond what the sliders can do. This takes out out of a supported configuration if you do it.

Paul

6. Pootis_banan

Pootis_banan New Member

Have they fixed this in any way? Running a LIRR service right now(2021 Ronkonkoma-Penn) and the audio is working fine.

7. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

It still only seems to come from one unit.

If you switch to the external cam, and move along the train, you will likely find the traction motors are silent on most of the cars.

8. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Can confirm this isnt fixed doing port Jefferson to pen and i don't get any sound seems to commonly happen on the 6 car sets.

9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

An update was supposed to fix it but in typical dtg fashion, it wasn't fixed. Don't expect m7 audio fixes for a long time unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  10. Arpadiam

Arpadiam Active Member

the sound is broken since day one when they introduced the M7 and to this point i doubt they will fix it any time soon

same for the class 20 the engine sound while in the cab is completely broken

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

It'll take 10 years for them to fix the m7 at this point

12. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

I figured out of i run to the middle of the set uncouple and re couple it figures itself out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tallboy7648

So does that mean you got engine audio for the whole train?

14. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

m7 have engine audio?

15. tallboy7648

Nope it does not I am afraid. It was something that was "fixed" but in actuality it was not fixed

16. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Just in the Car you're driving from from what i recall. Essentially that's how the bug happens in the first place. The train thinks you're driving from one of the cars in the middle so that disconnect reconnect resets it.