Tsw2 Xbox Series S Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rhysrobinson336, Nov 28, 2020.

1. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

This may seem a daft question but...
    On the Xbox series S, does tsw2 have a 4K graphics option in the game settings like on one x?
    I know obviously the console can run 4K but wondering if there is option in game for 4K with a series S?

2. Class395

Class395 Active Member

The Series S is a 1080/1440p console so no for 4k. The Xbox Series X is 4k. Both of the consoles are kinda difficult to buy right now, same with the PS5

• Like Like x 2
  3. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm going to ditch consol all together and do PC. My original xbox one has been fine for the last 10 years, but now that I see the types of mods and monetary options available with steam it seems like a no brainer for me. A new consol is going to cost me about $600 US and a decent PC maybe around $800. It's stupid expensive either way but the freedom of having a pc is just too much for me to ignore, not just with this game but with all my other ones I play as well.

And if you can sell paint schemes for even like $1 or so that'll help pay for the system in the long run. Even with the new xbox or ps5 coming out they still are lagging behind pc. Perfect off topic example of this is Cyberpunk, where it looks awesome on pc, but even with the new consoles it looks awful.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. box215

box215 Active Member

It actually looks pretty good on the Series X in Quality mode. 4K locked at 30 fps. Lots of PC would struggle to do that
    Digital Foundry has a video on Youtube showing off Quality mode

• Like Like x 1
  5. thijsdenbraven

thijsdenbraven Member

Is Quality mode in settings or ?

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Before spent your money for a PC I would suggest to watch on Youtube some video of MegaSim (TSW 2 on Xbox Series X).
    About Cyberpunk, there is still not the nextgen upgrade on the console version. So the comparison at the moment has not sense cause actually Cyberpunk for Xbox One standard (of 2013) and the new Series X (of 2020) share the same version of the game.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

It's less about graphics and more about mods for me really. Graphics are so good at this point for most games that it's not really something I look forward to anymore.

I'm all about mods and the ability to share them with others.

8. Class395

Class395 Active Member

I'm playing on 1440p in 60fps on my Xbox Series S, managed to get it a couple days ago. Stable 60fps even on HMA ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

4K actually runs at close to 60FPS, if you can't tell just by looking at it, enable the framerate counter via a USB keyboard F3 key shortcut.

Also, Digital Foindry have never once looked at the Train Sim World games, as far as I am aware, unless it was during a general look at backwards compatibility enhancements?

10. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Plus u can get ts2021

11. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

You don't really need an mega-powerful PC to run TSW and many other games, so if gamers are happy with 'good' (but not exceptional) visual attributes then why not indeed think about a PC? An Xbox series X is going to set you back £450 and if you factor in gamepass ultimate subscriptions (compulsory if you want to play always online games or multiplayer) at £100+ pa as well as the inflated games prices that come with the closed digital marketplace then it doesn't take too many years before you've pretty much paid the equivalent of a £750-£1000 PC.

Having learned a very harsh lesson purchasing the X1X and taking into account the series X GPU is already a generation behind Nvidia's new graphics cards I personally don't want to be put in a position where I could potentially be forking out yet another £450 in 3-4 years because what I own has once again slipped into the 'under-performing' bracket so what I currently own is going to be my last console. For me personally a PC has to be the next practical step forward.

Remember, Series X might well be "the world's fastest console" - but so was the X1X a mere three years ago...and look how that worked out

12. formulabee#1362

I’ve learnt my lessons from getting a 4gb laptop with pentium

13. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I have a three year old core i5 gaming laptop with a dedicated Nvidia something, something GPU and it plays TSW2020 much better than it did on X1X. Not forgetting the fact I can play it with a mouse + keyboard as well as use the laptop to things other than gaming, so sadly unlike your good self I haven't learned a harsh £645 lesson just yet ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. formulabee#1362

What’s the model?

15. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Levono Legion i5-7300HQ
    The only thing that has ever broken was the [FN] key (repaired under warranty) which we discovered wasn't working correctly when the cat sat on it and turned the keyboard lighting off. You need that key to turn it back on again

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2020
  16. formulabee#1362

Thanks

17. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

It’s fantastic so much better than Xbox one S digital for sure

18. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Often, or usually, when we talk about the differences between console and pc, we only look at the computing power (cpu, gpu and ram). I have had PCs for over 30 years and I know that to have a PC that outperforms a console like the new Xbox Series X, you need to spend at least three times the price of Microsoft's new console.
    I keep the console on for months without ever turning it off. If I sleep the console works in download (of games) and upload (of videos). There are titles, such as Black Desert Online, in which AFK is also played, I sleep and my character on the fishing online game, so when I wake up I regain control by exiting the AFK and I find myself with a lot of fish that sold will allow me to evolve in the game without having to skimp on money. Back in 2011, the release date of ESO Skyrim, I remember that I had an Asus ROG gaming laptop for around 2000 Euros (at the time) it was a medium-high range laptop, everything was running at maximum, but after two hours of game (actually even before) it became impossible to play. It risked burning everything. On consoles, this would never happen. Another feature that is almost never taken into consideration by those who make comparisons is the noise level. Microsof's latest consoles are so quiet that, as mentioned, they allow me to sleep while playing AFK. Can you do it on PC too? Of course, yes, but to do it from a PC (even a cheaper Desktop solution) you need to spend at least three times the price of a console. So, in summary, if I decide to go back to the PC (which I do not exclude) and I would like to have performances that are really and completely above those of a console, I would only consider PCs from 2500-3000 Euros upwards. Because (imo) if I take a gaming PC, I wouldn't do it to play TS and TSW only. To play TSW alone, with the features listed above, I would have to spend 1500-2000. Otherwise it would be a PC oriented to the past and not to the nextgen. (imo)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

It’s also fantastic on the series S compared to the Xbox one loads a lot faster very little to no frame rate drop consistent views both inside and outside of cab even at high speed

20. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

When I bought my PC about 5 years ago, it was considered pretty high end. It cost about $1,600 including a decent display. I can still play TSW2 at 1440p with everything on high or ultra, but the machine would now be considered medium range. If I had to replace it I'd be looking at minimum $2,000 because I'd want to be playing whatever TSW becomes in 5 years at the same level. PC's have to last longer than consoles I think. You can't buy a gaming PC for $800 - a decent CPU/GPU combo alone costs that much. For gaming alone, consoles are an absolute steal. If I still had good hand to eye coordination, I'd get one myself.

• Like Like x 1