Standard Cab Variants Of The Csx C40-8w

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kentuckyrailfan486, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Kentuckyrailfan486

Kentuckyrailfan486 Member

CSX purchased hundreds of Dash 8s, as we know. And while most of them were widecabs, they also purchased a handful of them in the standard cab variants as well. Unfortunately CSX has since retired their standard cab C40s from their roster, it would still make a very good addition to those who would love to go back in time to when they roamed the road.
    unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (2).jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

Agree i would of rather have Standard cab C40-8 than the Wide cab in game. But then again given how bad of a job Dovetail did on the C40-8W i can't complain.

This unit just shows that Dovetail doesn't care or give any respect to American Railroad's. The countless mess ups on the C40-8W only proves it, this just shows us that every American Locomotive from here on out is going to be missing real life audio of any locomotive from the Horn to the Bell ect and have things placed at area's that aren't there in real life.

If you have been watching the TSW2 live stream every week well Matt has said this along with Sam if the team doesn't understand it or how it works Dovetail Team won't model it on the Locomotive but they'll still model the Locomotive haha. So that means there will never be No E.O.T. or No DID on any unit.

Knowing we all know that now means when the Clinchfield Railroad route and the F7A & B unit come out we already know the sounds won't be accurate we all can kiss going into the engine room or into the front nose goodbye. I predict DTG will make a nice looking skin paint job to try and cover up on those missing area's because if you understand the F7A cab has in real life little to nothing in the cab wise & for the SD40-2 that's coming with the route to will just be a reskin of the CSX unit.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Costpap

Costpap Member

Personally, I find it hilarious how in the C40-8W stream, they were asking us to provide sounds for the locomotive. Seriously, do you expect a paying customer to be able to provide sounds? Hell not! I have experience in CX/Tech Support as a volunteer, and I even I know that when something isn’t working properly and a customer is complaining about it, I don’t tell the customer "If you can, help us fix it". That’s literally ridiculous. The sad thing is that they were being paid to say that. No offense to Matt and Sam, but seriously, that’s not how you treat a customer who has paid for one (two, in this case) of your products and is frustrated that something isn’t functioning as expected.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Of course they care. They are working on a partnership with Searchlight Simulations.

• Like Like x 3
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think it’s good that they are asking for help. It shows that they recognise that what they are releasing with only their own current resources isn’t always up to scratch and that they are willing to work with other people or organisations to improve the quality of their products. If they didn’t care they would have said nothing and carried on using whatever they can lay their hands on in their old sounds cupboard. On top of the general difficulties of getting overseas material they are currently even more limited in their options. It’s not like they are telling every customer to find their own sounds if they want it to be better, they are reaching out to people who might be able to get what’s required and I’m assuming pay them handsomely for their efforts if they can.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Costpap

Costpap Member

While you have a point, I still think that telling this to people who just wanted to inform DTG of the fact that the sounds on the locomotive they just purchased aren’t the ones they should be was a little bit too extreme. Maybe making a post on the forums or Dovetail Live about it, outlining any possible reward (if there is any) and such would have been a better choice. In my opinion, asking for help from a customer who’s expecting to be helped is one of the last things you should ever do. Yes, it’s better than doing absolutely nothing about it, but there’s no doubt it could have been done in a friendlier way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with asking people in the area to help with sounds or anything else, especially this year. Maybe not for some, but for most of us, this is a community of people who love trains, who want DTG to succeed. It's not a giant corporation you know with limitless resources.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

There was nothing unfriendly about it, I'd agree with a term like unprofessional certainly, but not unfriendly. I also don't really have any problems with it, SCS did the exact same thing for ATS when they were in America to record sounds for example. I can also think of things like the Universal DeLorean Time Machine restoration which they got help from the community to supply parts for it. At times enthusiasts can do the job way better than a regular 9 to 5 company man. Now granted I don't really expect anything to come out this, but it's worth asking, you never know who's out there until you ask after all.

• Like Like x 3
  9. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

That would be great thing for all of us!

• Like Like x 4
  10. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

It'll show in the DLC's Searchlight'll possibly work on, that's for sure!

11. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

What we need is a GEVO pack with all of CSX GEVOs in it, ES40DC, ET44AH, and all 3 types ES44AHs and for rolling stock, spine cars with trailers, Tropicana’s, and intermodal flat cars

12. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I would have preferred to have the C40-8 over the C40-8W. It would have added some flavor to the game. Maybe we'll see a route in the future with some standard cab GEs or wide cab EMDs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I hope this will be one of the next things considered for North America. We‘ve been spoiled with two modern-ish GEs. A modern EMD with safety cab would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  14. treid09

treid09 Guest

Hi Anthony, was that in the Dash 8 stream? I think somebody had mentioned that in another thread.

15. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

If that’s the case, I’d like to see a SD70ACe-T4 for Sandpatch Grade

• Like Like x 2
  16. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1