Map Enhancements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by david.hurst, Nov 25, 2020.

1. david.hurst

david.hurst New Member

I'd love to see some enhancements to the in-game map, with labels added to stations, yards etc. This would make it so much easier to learn a route. Also if speed limit markers were shown it would prevent the issue of a low speed limit suddenly popping up after a higher one giving too little warning to sufficiently slow down.

I appreciate there are probably issue regarding scaling the labels when zooming in and out, but I'm sure a solution could be found wherein the different types of labels would appear when zoomed in to an appropriate level.

• Like Like x 5
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The map has been in long need of an overhaul. I'd love to see a satellite view type map where you zoom in and see station buildings load in, though this would be a lot more demanding than the current simple map. A map with proper signals relating to the country and associated speed limits/signs. Might get a bit cluttered though putting all this in.

I think for the speed limit, the HUD should show the next two speed limits if they are close to each other. This can catch you out if you're not paying attention/not know the route well. Show something like ⬇ 60 km > ⬇ 40 km on the speed limit HUD.

• Like Like x 3
  3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Definitely a good idea to upgrade the maps. Also love the idea of next two speed changes showing on the HUD, perhaps with next in current size and the following one a bit smaller.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

yes that would be super helpful (especially because I like to keep on time if not early)

5. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member