Salisbury To Exeter 1989 Loco Hauled Era. May Use Again For 159 Era?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by superb, Aug 25, 2020.

1. superb

superb Member

Some more 50 Thrash just to keep this in the list.

2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Would love to see this in the sim. With less third party developers involved in TSW, especially less "niche" developers there is a chance we will see very little of this period. We had two good BR routes in TSW but not holding much hope we will see much from this period in TSW2 as most of DTG's content for TS1 was post privatisation era.

3. eighty.aitch

eighty.aitch Member

I made a similar suggestion a while ago, but your post is so much more in depth and better than mine! You're onto a winner with all this great research. I'm sold on 50's and 33's. Hopefully the devs see this is clearly a popular suggestion.
    I'd love to see the 50 with both large logo (my personal all time favourite) and NSE liveries and the 33s with trainload freight grey.

• Like Like x 1
  4. superb

superb Member

Here's a video of Gillingham my old home town where I grew up, there are historical pics followed by my pictures from 1985 to 1988.

• Like Like x 1
  5. superb

superb Member

The sight and sound of a Class 50 climbing Honiton bank from Axminster. this is why I would want to see this route again but from Salisbury to Exeter 88 miles mostly single line with fields. If you need help I am not working and would be happy to assist in this build.

6. steve1023

steve1023 New Member

Superb suggestion. This was a brilliant period and very interesting. Would be nice little touch to add in the Exmouth branch with class 101, 108 or 122 for a little added variety.

• Like Like x 1
  7. theorganist

Indeed or a class 118 as they were the main DMU in the Exeter/Plymouth area until the 142's arrived. The 101's and 108's were a result of BR realising the 142's weren't suitable for the area and had to find a motley collection of surplus DMU's from around the country to replace them.

8. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Anything loco hauled would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  9. theorganist

Not for TSW but someone is making the Salisbury to Exeter route for TS1 with the Lyme Regis and Seaton branches, and I think the Sidmouth branch too, set in the steam period obviously. The screenshots I have seen of it are looking very good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. superb

superb Member

Closest I'll get to drive a 33 through Gillingham... ahh that's Gillingham Kent oh well. video starts with me making this train up then running it on SEHS. I've since worked out not to use off the rails and just add UK diesel stock. 62 is the correct code for Waterloo to Exeter.

11. superb

superb Member

Shots at Salisbury showing 50049 being watered due to low coolant also the 47 is seen leaving for Dinton with an MOD train.