Game Starts To Be Boring. (vote Please,poll Inside!)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Patrick Kolinski, Nov 29, 2020.

?
  1. Definitely YES

58.9%
  2. What you talking about? NO (We will buying everything they release.)

41.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

2F655E7A-3B8A-47B0-BC47-678D1263D8A5.jpeg 5C889137-34CA-4213-9C24-A4F3EDCF4062.jpeg
    Good evening yall!

After some more posts about fixes and bugs i just realise that the game need a some big improvements. When i say improvements i mean DTG need to stop releasing new routes all again and finally focus on the base game, do you agree? We need some more features, weather changing, random events on the game, some more red signals, not just closing your eyes and driving from point A to point B, am i right?

Because till now i can see my favorite game just is unfinished with tons of bugs, crashing and lagging when another game is passing plus that blur thing on these wheels..

• Like Like x 16
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Ah the good ol' "stop generating income, paying your pills and your employees and work on a product for free" argument again. Of course they need to improve on a lot of levels in order to make the game better and more enjoyable, but what is this "stop making new routes" doing here all the time. I don't go to my local bakery and say "you guys need to stop baking until your bread is what I exactly want it to taste like. See for yourself how you gonna pay for the rent and your employees. I want my bread."

• Like Like x 23
  3. Patrick Kolinski

Ok so tomorrow go to your bakery, pay a full nice bread and tell them to give you a half.... aight Salute Sir.... ;););)

• Like Like x 5
  4. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

The game is always changing. It takes time. Please wait patiently. But it has many disadvantages, because it is produced and developed by humans. I understand what you mean, but they can improve and create new routes at the same time.

• Like Like x 3
  5. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

If really want to succeed firm should always look at improving their products. If always selling the same bread you would expect for it not to lose its quality. So would you buy bread which was baked few days ago if another bakery is around a corner? I really want for this franchise to succeed, because it has the potential. Keep pushing dlcs but at the same time improve things and try hard to implement new stuff.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Patrick Kolinski

Sure, but its already long time, for me only East Coastway Route is a good and finished product, no lags no many problems. But what with others? They cant write on the upcoming fixes that they will add the sun on the consoles..... cmon :mad: Normally they need to fix it no saying nothing, you know what i mean... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Patrick Kolinski

You right buddy...

8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

No. This bakery here is making the same bread long enough four you to know how it tastes, and if you still buy the same bread even though you are not happy with it, that is on you. The idea is that if you are unhappy with the bread they sell, don't buy their bread and tell them you will come back when they improve their recipe.

Oh and look around on the forums here, there are people still unhappy with East Coastway due to some bugs or issues especially in scenario planner, which shows other people may still dislike the bread that you like.

The bottom line is just that of course they have a long way to go, there is much room for improvements and necessary fixes that honestly take too much time to get implemented. But to ask someone to stop earning money and basically work on goodwill, how will this ever cope with modern society. On the other hand there are millions of people who pay 59 quid each year for a copy/paste FIFA game (proven) which suffers of the same issues in terms of bugs and lack of features. At least DTG has recently proven to have goodwill on working on and fixing content, even if it takes painfully long.

• Like Like x 9
  9. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

I seem to have read this stuff already, right?
    Of course, nothing comes out for anyone to please you !!
    And what is worse, so I am not allowed to have new routes on TSW2 until your majesty has what it wants?

Tss...

• Like Like x 3
  10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Hey!Don't talk like that alot of tsw2 players can't wait to plop down 20.00/30.00 for half finished broken,bugged,glitches,defective new dlc content as soon as it's released and we can hit the buy option.

Because we live in a gaming world where this has become standard practice,release half tested dlc,fix later(maybe).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the original poster. As much as I like TSW2, the unreal engined version of the train simulator is getting on for 4 years old now and if you get past judging a book by its cover, it is still nowhere near as immersing as train simulator. The fact is four years on and all we can do is drive from A to B.
    There is no route editor and there "will never be" a route editor according to DTG
    The attempt to make a scenario editor as fell woefully short and is basically a service editor that lets you put other trains on a service run. There's no coupling, running around trains or stories to tell in any scenarios. Even if there were there is no way to share them.
    You can't add rolling stock to yards to create an "atmosphere"
    The fact the DTG have found it so difficult to lable stations on a 2D map speaks volumes for either the skill level at DTG or the viability of using the Unreal engine for such a complex game. I fear the latter and DTG will carry on flogging this dead horse for every dollar they can get rather than admit that they where blinded by it's prettyness when deciding on an upgraded engine for train simulator.
    I would hope I'm very wrong

• Like Like x 8
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Right, DTG decide to follow your idea... Most of the core game improvements need to come from the nuts and bolts software engineering team at DTG. Meanwhile the artists and modellers can all sit around twiddling their thumbs unable to help outside of their skillset and the accounting team can report lower and lower revenue week on week until all the artists and modellers (who are just being useless at this point) are made redundant. Then after six months of the players seeing no new content and assuming DTG have gone out of business, because the community and marketing teams who also can’t fix the core of the game have also been made redundant due to practically no income by this point, the core team finally come up with better tech. Oh wait, there’s nobody left to use it, the rest of the staff work elsewhere now because they need food, and DTG do actually go out of business... Well done, great idea. Now, back in the real world...

• Like Like x 14
  13. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Without DLC, DTG won't be making as much profit... There is no magic tree to whip up and produce what we want. Not only do these things take time and new tech but also costs money. Not to say something that seems relatively simple like to implement random or real time weather is costly. Many of us enjoy the DLCs. I currently own all of them and will happily buy future DLCs. Not sure which game you're playing if you're having to close your eyes and getting "tons of bugs" but it certainly doesn't sound like TSW2. Its not perfect, we all know that. To say it's unfinished, in my opinion, is not true either. Compared to TSW2020, TSW2 is a positive step in the right direction. It's only been out for a few months. Let's see where we end up this time next year.

• Like Like x 10
  14. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

Honestly, the game is sort of boring being their is no editor and driving with so few US routes. Hoping for more quality from DLC routes and locos in the future. I am looking forward to Cane Creek and Clinchfield.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  15. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I agree, the game does start to get a little boring after a while. I wouldn’t say they need to drop every new route or Loco, I would say they need to work harder on those routes and Locos.

Some new things they could add:
    • Dynamic Events
    • Conductor/Guard Mode
    • Dispatcher Mode (this one is weird)
    Some things they can do better:
    • Better optimization
    • SOUNDS
    • Physics (head sway) and movement
    • More realistic passengers
    • Adding the full route instead of a small portion
    • More accurate recreation of scenery/stations
    Even with just a few of these, the player would be more immersed in the game and it won’t be ‘so boring’.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  16. SHINO BAZ

All you have to do is look at the lastest release the C40-8W locomotive and read the list of various issuse that are being reported on it.To know it wasn't fully tested because it bearly works,sure it looks nice but people don't want to spend 20.00 for a trackside display.It's sad,heart breaking and enough to make any true train fan shed a tear that anyone would blindly give dtg a pass for every single dlc being released broken.

• Like Like x 4
  17. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Driving trains is like any other job.
    Routine can be dull and boring.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SHINO BAZ

I'll say this is the game boring no,is the game broken,hell yes!
    Do i expect ever dlc to be 100% perfect(in this reality that just a pipe dream)but i do except it to closer to perfect then closer to a broken mess.I don't know when the technical problems page grows faster and bigger then what dtg can fix i know dtg might be fighting a losing battle.

If only dove tale games cared as much about how well the game works compaired to how it looks they have a total winner on there hands.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ZeenozPlays

SO MANY BUGS.

• Like Like x 2
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As long as all the content can actually be played then I don’t think it is that boring. It certainly is when half the included content is unplayable (or at least unenjoyable) due to bugs and you have to keep repeating the things that do work. Very little can be enjoyed on SKA at the moment. Scenario planner is so new that it doesn’t have much functionality and is broken in many ways so for me adds literally nothing to the game. It should add loads.

Buying more DLC to find half of it isn’t playable is a big issue. There is the promise of quicker fixes so when that starts to happen it might improve things somewhat. As I said above that has to progress along with creating new content and I would add that I think it should be a higher priority than new features but they also need to come as well. And core stability. That comes right at the top of the pile, for without that the whole thing falls apart. So I’m all for new features but it’s not the most burning issue for me, certainly not at the moment.

• Like Like x 5
  21. SHINO BAZ

Look almost everybody always wants and can't wait for the next new dlc,(the problem is that next new dlc normally is released broken and that just makes the new dlc smell stink).DTG has no competition in this type of game on xbox or playstation(but pc does)but if they put in the work they could save tsw2 but if they don't turn things around soon,i could see them dumping tsw2 just before aug 2021 to get us ready for train sim world 3,and don't think it can't happen,look how long tsw2020 lasted bearly a year after it was just a upgrade of tsw.

• Like Like x 2
  22. hightower

hightower Guest

I’m afraid you’ve fundamentally misunderstood how it works. CSX:HH is TSW is TSW2020 is TSW2. It is exactly the same game except they upgraded the engine and saw an opportunity to claw back some of the cost of doing that. Fair one. But don’t think that TSW2 is somehow a new game. It isn’t.

• Like Like x 4
  23. ZeenozPlays

They’ve already said there won’t be a TSW 3. Now, if you, me, or anyone else wishes to believe that is up to the individual.

At this point, DLC’s for the game are so heavily riddled with bugs and inaccuracies, that they’re not worth picking up right away, or at all.

Munich-Augsburg: Performance Issues and no Layers on Console

IOW: Horrible Looking textures, Passenger lights messing with the acceleration and bad performance

The whole Preserved Collection: Horrible sound quality (some of them were just straight missing), among other things. The only thing that got ‘better’ with the Preserved content was the Class 166, and that’s only because ONE OF THE DEVS LIKED IT THE MOST.

• Like Like x 3
  24. hightower

hightower Guest

I would bet a lot of money that next Summer a 'new' version of TSW will be announced. Now they've updated the engine they will go back to the old way of doing annual 'updates' - a methodology that dates back to the beginning of TS1 (i.e. the same game packaged slightly differently) until such time as they make the leap to UE5. At that point you will see TSW3.

Only time will tell me whether I'm right or not.

• Like Like x 4
  25. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Reading this I see the doomie gloomies being spread around again, the game isn't perfect in any shape or form we all know that, but the game is DEFINITELY better than not having it at all, so maybe, just maybe, people can be grateful for the things we have, because I bet most of the doom mongers couldn't even produce anything like what we have in game, so are basically calling the highly skilled people who made the game inept and crap at their jobs........

• Like Like x 3
  26. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The key to not getting bored is to mix and match. I agree that routes like GWE can become a mindless 20 minute blast from Paddington to Reading or vv, however NTP has never yet let me down. When TSW2 is starting to feel flat I will fire up Run 8 for a few evenings, or one of the great Australian routes in Open Rails. Or I might continue my galactic circumnavigation in Elite Dangerous after spending an hour plodding around in one of the flight sims.
    Funnily enough, I rarely touch Railworks aka TS2021 these days, largely because it lacks the exploration and timetable elements we have in TSW(2).

• Like Like x 1
  27. SHINO BAZ

It's only fair to point out the 3 high points and the rivet games contribution to tsw2.
    1st RG add on dlc GR db br 204 diesel shunter was excellent and even with a few issuses RV did get these address and fixed asap.
    2nd RG add on dlc BR Isle of Wight route was excellent and even with a few issues RV did get these addressed and dealt with when they could.(i know it still needs a few more)
    3rd RG add on dlc Swiss Arosa route(currently in production)If it wasn't for this future route i have little to be looking forward to.

28. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

While I agree that more focus should be put on fixing bugs and improving existing DLC's as well as adding some more randomness to the game in form of delayed trains and red signals for example. I don't think that stopping to make new DLC's will help, as so many mentioned before :)

• Like Like x 6
  29. Patrick Kolinski

Fully agree with you, that what i am talking about!

• Like Like x 1
  30. Patrick Kolinski

The addiction to the trains sometimes making you pay the full bread just because you hope that will be better and better.. but is not, cant hear that is a small company working on a big game blah blah blah, near 30€ for a dlc is not a small amount guys..think it....for me the best for this situation is to stop releasing new things for some months trying to make perfect, adding features and stop lagging the game on every console then working on new projects. But ok lets see what is going to happen next... maybe they gonna hear us and finally update the game faster.

Aight!

• Like Like x 3
  31. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

To liven gameplay up you could employ the Japanese point and speak system.
    Your families worst fears confirmed.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Yep, i thought buying TSW2 would improve one and other. Alas the only improvement was not on my side of the fence. Some one makes money here reselling the same old stuff, i am quitting buying more of the same.

BTW the trains in IL2 sturmovik Great Batlles are more game fun. You can even blow ' em up with tanks, planes, AND program their routes, stations, and their amount of armament so they can shoot you too ... Alas no Japanese, but there talk all sorts of lingos possible in the game

• Like Like x 3
  33. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

SMH once again. The OP clearly knows nothing about business or software development and for that matter might as well throw in capitalism. Just because something is not 101% to their specific liking, it is "broken", "half-baked", and a company should stop generating revenue just to make everything absolutely perfect for your royal highness. If it were as bad as they claim, everyone would be up in arms because they cannot enjoy the product. I am enjoying the product and to be quite frank, sick and tired of posts like the OPs. If you can do it better, why don't you go out and make the perfect train simulator and give it away for free. While you are at it, teach the software industry your secret to making flawless, perfect software that suits the needs of everyone and makes every single user elated with joy due to its perfection! FFS. That's enough of this thread for me.

• Like Like x 10
  34. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

All games get boring after a while, just give it a break and come back later

• Like Like x 5
  35. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Boring??? Must have missed that DLC - Just finished all the journeys on the Sand Patch Grade - had a blast, this route has really improved with the fixes of late. Nothing better than bringing a heavy train down the slope with dynamics and not busting the speed limit. New Dash8 preforms well - just starting to run sessions with that engine. Tired of slow heavy freights in mountains - move over to the Main-Spessart route for some 146 action with PZB and Sifa enabled - play around with the 155, or hit up the 182 on Rapid Transit.

They have bugs you say —- well, so my “Check Engine” light is on in my car so that is a bug, but the diagnostics points to a very minor problem so until I can get it worked on - I can still enjoy it. Being 64 years old - I do not bounce as well as I used too so have to be a bit more careful on what risks I take when horseback riding - guess that is a bug as well that won’t get fixed , but I still ride.

Seriously - one can pick apart any software, activity or situation to create dissatisfaction, my approach is if the activity creates that much angst - move on to something else.

I see the bugs and inaccuracies like the others, but decide to focus on the positives - the base locomotives in TSW2 are on par with the Expert line of TS20XX, You have the freedom to move around stations, the actual coupling and decoupling of cars - the manual throwing of switches, A route that feels alive with the 24 hour timetable AI, the attention to the environmental details where the electrical boxes on the line have an electrical hum when you walk by.

If the problems you encounter outweigh the enjoyment, then, like anything else in life - change something you can change. If that means moving to another simulation or entertainment product - go for it , Or if that means enjoying the sunrise on an early morning coal drag out of Shaw mines - so be it. But the bottom line in my book, it is your choice to be happy or not.

• Like Like x 16
  36. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I do agree with some aspects of what your saying. DTG does need to release dlcs though in order to generate revenue even if it's broken and riddled with bugs which seems to be the case with a lot of the dlc that they are making. If they don't they can't add new features that you are asking for simply because that would cost money even if it sounds so simple. They could make the game less boring but all games get boring at some point.

37. tallboy7648

These features can be added or improved although personally I think passenger models are fine. They just need to get passengers to get on and off the train when you get on the train. They 100% need to include the full line of a route instead of just a small portion of a route so there won't be such a high demand for route extensions like there already is. Sounds do need a massive improvement espically on preserved collection

38. tallboy7648

TSW2 is not as immersive as ts2021 and that game is over a decade old which is quite baffling. They've used the same engine for 4 years and there hasn't been many core improvements to the game. Scenario Designer is bascially quick drive from ts2021 with the ability to add whatever train you want. The worst part is that you can't do back and fourth services or even a return journey from where you started. Hell, you can't even share the scenarios that you made with others. I hope core features of the game get improved

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  39. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I agree with Patrick. It´s time to fix and improve things. If this is really a version 2 of game (indeed is version 3 if CSX Heavy Haul is counted) we need to see substantial improvements in core. If more DLCs are released more bugs will need to be fixed and this is a never ending loop. We can´t run before we can walk.

Cheers

• Like Like x 5
  40. tallboy7648

I do agree if they don't turn things around soon, I don't see this simulator having a bright future. It could have the same fate as Flight Sim World

• Like Like x 3
  41. tallboy7648

I agree with you and dtg are only doing this to themselves when they release buggy products that takes a while to fix. This is supposed to be "a new game" but it certainly does not feel like it. There needs to be a balance of releasing new products (that have few bugs as possible) as well as improving the core features of the game.

• Like Like x 5
  42. ZeenozPlays

I’m not talking about the actual models, I just want more of them on my train and in the station.

Having the full line gives the route more playability (and realism) with the player being able to switch ends at the last stop.

And the sounds need a BIG IMPROVEMENT EVERYWHERE, not only on the Preserved stuff. (but it’s mostly the preserved stuff)

• Like Like x 3
  43. SHINO BAZ

You know there is one change that just might make a difference for tsw2 and thats the addition of 3rd party dlc content companies.With
    Rivet Games(Having released 2 excellent dlc Dr Br 204/Isle of Wight add ons)+a 3rd one(Arosa line in the works).
    Skyhook Games(working on Cane Creek/Db Br 187)
    TrainSim-Germany(working on Vossloh G6/Db Br 420/Db Br 232)
    These efforts give me a little hope that tsw2 now has other companies that can give it a go and see what they can do with there opportunity to add to tsw2,will it alway work out well,maybe maybe not but with new player for the game it's worth waiting a little longer to see where it all ends up.

• Like Like x 3
  44. ZeenozPlays

I like this game, it finally gives console players a train simulator, but it seems that DTG takes a step forward and two steps back.

Stop releasing the DLC’s with all these bugs (I’m not saying to fully stop, just actually release them in a good state)

Make improvements to the Core game, and the various features

Don’t exclude things, and make the game as accurate as possible. Why is a whole skyline missing on RRO? Why do some stations look totally different in TSW than they are IRL? (LIRR)

And finally, the full routes...

• Like Like x 4
  45. ZeenozPlays

I honestly think it’s going to come to a point where third party devs are carrying the full weight of this game.

Even though IOW had its issues at launch, it’s still a cool route with minimal bugs, and barely any performance issues (after the update).

If more routes from third parties are like this, I think those routes are going to make the most money.

• Like Like x 3
  46. ZeenozPlays

I understand. I said the same thing a while back on the TSW forums and got demolished.

I have the same opinion that the game sorta gets boring, but I know what could help it in the long run. If only DTG listened to this...

Let’s be honest. When a driver is operating on a busy line like LIRR, BKL, or GWR, something’s bound to go wrong. With nothing like this happening in-game, it kinda takes the realism away.

• Like Like x 5
  47. tallboy7648

Yes there does need to be more passengers in the stations and the trains because the environment does feel dead a lot of the time and we need the full line of a route. We can't continue to be getting part of a line anymore otherwise more and more people will just ask for route extensions. The demand for route extensions is already high as it is

• Like Like x 3
  48. Patrick Kolinski

Aight.....that's what iam talking about ;););)

• Like Like x 3
  49. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Rivet were developing stuff for TSW2020. The only difference is more 3rd parties are joining them. Both of Rivet's products have had problems at launch (IoW had major problems on console - small matter of a very low detail model being loaded when it shouldn't).

As for random events, if it's limited to stuff like delayed services, I'd support. As soon as they stop you completing a service (ie tree on the line etc) my support completely goes away - that'd be just frustrating for me.

• Like Like x 5
  50. tallboy7648

I'm definitely gonna be getting the arosa line and the db br 420

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.