The Catch Boss Fish Fridays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG Clarkey, Nov 13, 2020.

1. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Boss Fish Fridays!

Every Friday will be a new Boss Fish. The first image will be followed later on by a "help sheet" to help you catch certain fish. This sheet will include what the fish is, best rig, best bait, time of day and location to catch it. Let's kick this week off! Remember to check back later for the info :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Here is our first Boss Fish Friday. Taking a closer look at The Bull on River Ebro.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Boilie

Boilie New Member

Now this is a good idea, will they all be in one post eventually or just a weekly post like this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Brilliant,need to catch all these big wels in ebro.

5. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

No wonder this fish is rarely caught,been fishing this area for hours now,caught about 300 channel cats,20 carp and 1 wels.not many wels in the area to make players hang around if that's what your hoping to catch.

6. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

These will hopefully become a regular thing that we do every week! Times might vary as we work out the best time to put them up for everyone.

I thought we should start with The Bull as it is a particularly tricky one to catch!

• Like Like x 3
  7. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Yes,we need all the help we can get with these,thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Where is today's boss fish?

9. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Reveal at 5PM GMT :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Do these fish only appear in the area shown?because i have caught the emperor on 3 different areas.

11. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Blingo this week on Pearl Lake! :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Gave up on the bull,catching around 100 channel cats for every 1 wels cat in that area using those baits.been fishing it for days now and caught thousands.why don't you use a bait that doesn't attract them?thats what puts people off fishing these areas.

13. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

jamesburns34 sorry you don't seem to be having any luck. The baits we recommend are by design the baits which will give you the highest chance of success. This isn't to say you can't do it with other baits, it's just you'll have better luck with our suggested ones. We have seen a big increase in catches of The Bull since last Friday hopefully you'll be able to land The Bull soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Thanks,it may be the best bait to use,but when you are constantly reeling in channel cats'it leaves little chance of catching anything else.

15. Boilie

Boilie New Member

Just have to keep trying, I haven’t actively pursued boss fish for a few weeks now and I ended catching both Zander boss on Rotterdam and a few more bosses on other venues. Been having a good time playing the online leagues species hunter and predator series

16. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Another week is up! :) Info at 5pm.

Attached Files:

17. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

This week is Stoorworm on Loch Mickle!

Attached Files:

18. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Are weather conditions for Boss fish as important as time of day? I.e can you catch them if it was different weather but the same time of day? Or can you only catch a certain boss if everything is correct and there is no chance otherwise?

• Like Like x 1
  19. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

Going after the BULL!

• Like Like x 1
  20. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hey Chizzckh, time of day as it stands has no change on catch rate. All fish and Boss fish are catchable during all conditions.

21. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thanks. So the only factors for boss fish are bait and where you fish? Other than that I have an equal chance of catching a certain boss fish on a clear day in the morning as fishing in the dark while raining as long as I have the right bait and swim? Just trying to understand the game dynamics a little better and what factors are most important.

22. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Bait, Rig, Time of day, and location are all the main factors to take into consideration for catching particular fish. Morning and evening will have an effect on which fish you are more likely to catch. Weather is not one of them. I hope that helps :)

23. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Yes it does. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  24. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Another Boss Fish coming later today! :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  25. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Today we are looking at The Matador on River Ebro. Good luck everyone.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Keep trying there and all I catch is endless amounts of Channel cats. One after another! So many it shows in the stats that I have 100% with that species.

• Like Like x 2
  27. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Wish there was an option to remove them from the game,they are a pain in the arse.

28. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

20201205_160836.jpg

And the list goes on past this. A smattering of Carp but more importantly not a Wels of any size in another 2hr session !

• Like Like x 2
  29. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Final numbers. 27 x Channel Catfish. 4 x Carp and finally 1 x Wels Catfish at 110lbs near the end. Moved about within the area specified because sometimes there was little going on at all. Very few fish on the fish finder and when I found a pocket there was a lot of splashing but not much action bar, well you guessed it....Channel Cats. I'm trying ha ha

30. mactrack644

mactrack644 New Member

Try fishing from the bank where the beached boat is, aim for the edge of the boat, about 2ft deep, you’ll see the Wels start mooching about after a little while, caught plenty of Wels this way but unfortunately no bosses

• Like Like x 1
  31. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Cheers. Will give it a try. Have found some spots and my best is around a 168lb from memory. Was just trying to catch a boss catfish. Tried for this one and the Bull in the places and tactics described but multiple hours in on both areas and can't find a Wels pretty much, let alone a boss.

32. mactrack644

mactrack644 New Member

Good luck but honestly I don’t think they are catchable regardless what dtg say, the only boss I’m aware of being caught is the channel catfish boss emperor (think that’s it’s name) & until I see any photographic proof I’ll remain sceptical I’m not even aware of any boss carp being caught but I’m more than happy to be corrected on this with a photo proving as much

• Like Like x 2
  33. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

You gotta try calling it.....Here kitty kitty works for me all the time! Lol

Seriously, its long past due Dovetail adjusts bite rates for these Boss fish. I've fished all my life; saltwater, freshwater, caught just about anything that can be caught . There are some crafty fish for sure. Catfish in particular, will literally bight on almost anything. Usually the smellier, the better. Hell we used dog food & chicken livers almost exclusively to catch monster cats out of Texas & Tennessee lakes. Point being for cats it's usually how well you can cover an area, time, repetition, patience will almost always win the day. No reason these bosses are as elusive as they are.

• Like Like x 2
  34. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Any chance of releasing a video of one of the ebro boss wels cats being caught?as others are saying,there ain't one scrap of evidence online that they exist.

• Like Like x 1
  35. mactrack644

mactrack644 New Member

Do
    Ed
    Don’t hold your breath mate, I’ve not seen any photos/videos of anyone catching either a boss Wels or Carp on Ebro on YouTube or on this forum & I’ve spent hours fishing this river & not a sniff of a boss. If these fish were catchable there would be some evidence somewhere regardless of how hard they are to catch, face it, this river is sadly broken

• Like Like x 1
  36. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Same here,been fishing ebro for months,only boss i have caught is the emperor.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Only had the latest game within the last month but have stuck in on the Ebro just under 20hrs and id say 80% of that time was spent in the two regions indicated in this thread for both boss Cats. I'm sure plenty of people have put in far more hours than that but you couldn't say I haven't been trying either. I am actually at the point where I am also trying random baits in the area as well as the ones suggested

• Like Like x 2
  38. D3VILDOG8541

You know what's odd is the in game suggestions for Wels on Ebro is Large deadbaits, boiles, shads & swimbaits? The chopped worms are deadbaits but, the catfish pellets are a sinkbait but, not on the game recommended bait. I've had the most luck catching Wels with the chicken livers & believe it or not the roach swimbait. Use the swimbait on 1 or 2 (usually 1 or switch between the two) retrieve speed. You have to position yourself so your pulling the line up current. I work a section at a time trying to target 15-20 meters from the shoreline. That way you can hit some deeper water & cover the shallows & pockets along the shore as well. The biggest Wels I've landed is 172lbs with the swimbait. Still.....No Boss! Hope this suggestion might help. A word of warning using the swimbait takes some patience. Typically, I use it by itself, no other lines in the water. Which will result in slower fish activity. Happy Hunting!

• Like Like x 2
  39. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Might have to give this a go. Biggest Wels so far (about 161lb)was using a 20mm boile on the stretch of the Ebro that has the boat launch bottom left of the map.

I have on FSW used sinking lures as ststic deadbaits which actually caught me a boss cat on a water that I couldn't hook with bait. I have done it a little bit on the Catch and Wels seem to pick them up regularly.

At the point of giving anything a go. Ha ha

• Like Like x 1
  40. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

The heat map also said the matador was caught most often on essential cell,but we are told to use catfish pellets and worms.

41. DeafGunslingerX

DeafGunslingerX New Member

Finally caught Blingo! Only 2 more bosses to go on Pearl:. Momo and Dumpling.

Thanks!
    Jon.

• Like Like x 2
  42. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Why are their no results for this either?i'v caught it 3 times myself.

Attached Files:

43. D3VILDOG8541

Only reason I can think of is Dovetail simply isn't doing anything to maintain the game. Stats are so screwed up it's not even funny! Most of my stats, number of fish, personal best, most recent catches reflect the month of July!!! Wtf???

• Like Like x 1
  44. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Any tips on catching him/her? Be nice to get at least the Channel Cat boss considering the amount of them I catch there :)

45. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Caught it twice at the church and once at the small beach just across the water from it,only saved 1 vid.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thank you. Appreciated. Fish there a lot and surprised I've not bumped into him/her.

What was the bait/setup, same every time?

47. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Roach on a size 2 silt hook,and afternoon,good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  48. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi jamesburns34, if you head over to our previous posts of Boss Fish Fridays on our Facebook you'll see we have had some people catching The Bull since we covered it. We also had someone post up a catch of The Matador just before we posted the reveal on Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  49. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Ok,had a look at the facebook page,here's some photos of the spot and bait to help people out.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  50. Myles

Myles New Member

Finally been after the bull for a very very lng time

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2