Game Starts To Be Boring. (vote Please,poll Inside!)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Patrick Kolinski, Nov 29, 2020.

?
  1. Definitely YES

58.9%
  2. What you talking about? NO (We will buying everything they release.)

41.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about that. Train Simulator 2021 was basicially saved by and is being carried by third parties and third parties are really the only ones making ts2021 much better hence why it's been around for a decade. I feel third parties will carry most of the weight of tsw2 game which I think will be a shame because it would show that dtg can't manage the game on their own

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tallboy7648

A tree falling like on rro would be realistic though. That I 100% support. When your doing a timetable service, something should go wrong like it would in real life. It shouldn't be a case of driving from a to b all the time without any issues because that wouldn't be realistic

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Imagine a tree falling ten minutes before the end of a slow heavy run on SPG. That’s the kind of random event “improvement” we could do without. Having an AI train running five minutes late in front of you causing some cautionary signals is more like the kind of thing I’d like to see, especially on passenger runs.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I think the unreal engine if fundementally wrong for the simulator. Yes it looks pretty but come on, the fact the DTG have failed to implement basic things like labeling stations on a 2D map, A scenario editor were you can tell a story, marshel in yards, runaround trains, refuel locos, load unload goods and all the things that make TS2021 the fun sim to play.
    the engine is 4 years old now and I expect a learning curve but I could have trained to become a Doctor in the time DTG have learnt to label a map

• Like Like x 4
  5. tallboy7648

I probably could've been a doctor as well with how long theyre taking to make these features in the game lol. TS2021 is much better than tsw2

• Like Like x 2
  6. tallboy7648

An ai train being delayed would be cool as well

• Like Like x 2
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Neither are because of the engine (to my knowledge). The first one is presumably because they can't be bothered or are fucussing resources elsewhere. Matt showed off a few years ago on a stream on the TS YouTube channel an editor that did all you described and was arguably more powerful than TS2021's editor. The main prevention for that was Epic not letting them distribute it (I think - it's based heavily on the UE4 editor), and the VOD for that mysteriously disappeared when they confirmed we're not getting a full editor after TSW2 was released.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Clumsy Pacer

Also, regarding the poll that has since been put on, those of us saying they shouldn't slow down on releases are not saying we'd blindly buy everything they release.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  9. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Add an option NO - but need to put an extra effort to make improvements, bug fixes and new features at a faster pace.

• Like Like x 4
  10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The saving grace of tsw2 is a feature that was just a side effect that dtg decided wasn't worth removing,it would take time,and wasn't worth it for them,but it was great for at least console players.and this is OFF THE RAILS MODE,now some pc players could do it,put trains from other routes on other routes but not many console had the abilty to do it.but it was this single mode that gives the game a option that just saves it from being just a standard train sim game.And definitely makes this game far from boring.Even with it's current issuses.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Clumsy Pacer

Off the Rails was added before TSW2 launched after people said they wanted to run trains on routes that aren't exactly appropriate for the route.

• Like Like x 1
  12. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

With the exception of some small branch lines that run single-track, or catastrophic power failures, you'd just route onto a different track. Except TSW's dispatcher isn't dynamic or flexible enough to handle events like that.

I was on a train once coming into a major city, and a train ahead of us had caught on and torn down the OHLE going into the tunnel. My train, and others behind it, had to get routed back past the outlying yard, and onto the outbound tracks. It was a mess, it took a while to clear, and it delayed pretty much every train for the rest of the morning and into the afternoon. But it worked.

TSW's dispatcher can't even handle you backing up past a signal you've just passed. Outside of a scenario, where everything can be scripted, I honestly just don't think the engine is capable of handling dynamic events.

• Like Like x 4
  13. hightower

hightower Guest

Totally agree - I don’t think the dispatcher is dynamic in any way at all. In fact, I’d be interested in knowing exactly what it actually does, because it seems incredibly basic. Everything, on every DLC, is entirely scripted.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Clumsy Pacer

That all depends on if there's a set of points to let you onto another track nearby and the tree (assuming that's what's fallen onto the line) conveniently only blocks one of the running lines (assuming this is on a 2-track mainline), otherwise why bother continuing the service? Also, what happened to the train that brought down the OHLE?

15. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I might get the 420 if I’m able to use it on other routes than just HMA (which is highly unlikely).

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

It’s a shame that DTG can’t manage it on their own, but think about it like this. DTG continues to make improvements to the Core game and adds new features, while the Third Parties make the majority of the routes.

I’d trust Rivet and JustTrains more than DTG when it comes down to making new routes/locos.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tallboy7648

It would be cool ti know what the dispatcher can actually handle. Everything is scripted in the game.

• Like Like x 3
  18. tallboy7648

JustTrains does have a good reputation for making good quality routes compared to dtg. It could be a win win if third parties make a lot of the routes and dtg works on improving the game. That's basically what's happening in ts2021

• Like Like x 2
  19. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

The way OP has formulated the "poll" says alot about them. It is ridicolous to even proceed discussing in this thread if that is what the terms of discussion are. How is a poll that makes people look stupid who don't share OP's opinion helpful for anyone. This thread should not exist.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Clumsy Pacer

Have they got over their love of trees and kuju assets? Also their routes are far more expensive (at least the Steam releases are) because they release them and the trains as separate packs you need to buy separately.

• Like Like x 2
  21. SHINO BAZ

There is one card left in dtg deck left to play,And it's the introduction of steam locomotives to tsw2.It's really getting old listening to there excuses about why they can't do this yet.This may seem like a risky move to do this but with the way things are headed they need to make a bold step forward to avoid making any more steps backward.I know fixing problems should be a priority and it should but this is the one type of train that could make or brake this game once and for all.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Its just your opinion, we want to see if there are more customers experiencing the same feeling Sir..

• Like Like x 3
  23. tallboy7648

The just trains routes are expensive. My word

• Like Like x 3
  24. mclitke

oh yes people are complaining about the smallest of issues like catenary being angled 5% differently than irl yet you want them to smash out steam locomotives which 100% will have horrible issues the sooner they are going to b dropped. But it is their "make or brake" according to you right? Great idea so let's break it then upfront or how are you going to expect that to go well at all. Why are there so many people here living in cloud cookoo land? You don't even know what you want. You look for the next thing to rant over for them to fix and with the same breath ask them to drop more content whereas before you wanted them to stop producing content at all.
    How is steam even the last "card left to play", it does make no sense whatsoever. There are tons of features they could go for that would improve the game and as seen on the forums as well, not everyone is exited for Steam locos. But hey, the kind of people that don't share your opinion seem to be unimportant, at least you all get what you want in the end.

And that from a guy who spammed Rivet for 2 weeks to release screenshots, videos, prices and release dates - then rants about how bad the route is, only to post yesterday that it is one of the best routes and the brightest future of TSW 2, third party creators. Well while solid all I can say is that Rivet also put on their trousers one leg at a time.
    How short sighted and spoiled some of the people here are... it really gets me boiling sometimes.

• Like Like x 8
  25. tallboy7648

If you don't like the thread, you could just ignore it. It was made to state our opinions mate.

• Like Like x 3
  26. mclitke

So you say a company that is losing your trust because of bugs and other issues will potentially flop with the release of steam trains that have not been in the making for TSW2 at all, by record guaranteeing a fail at launch, ergo ending in a flop just liek you forseen-being a great idea?

• Like Like x 1
  27. mclitke

Okay big brain if I want to take part in said poll I need to title myself as someone who will buy anything they release anyway and regardless of quality, just because I don't agree with them laying off work and letting people lose their jobs? How twisted are you all?

Howabout doing an objective poll instead of one a 6 year old would come up with?

• Like Like x 2
  28. tallboy7648

I don't think dtg should not make dlcs at all. They have to to make a profit. They are a business after all. I did say that in the thread. I just believe that there needs to be a balance from making new content and to add/improve the core features of the game. DTG makes new routes and trains but they don't add new features to the game like dynamic weather. This is supposed to be a "new game" but it doesn't feel like a new game

• Like Like x 3
  29. mclitke

Which would be fine and fair. But personally, as you have already noticed, don't like the idea of stopping work for new releases. At the same time I won't buy anything they release - and did not. So what do you want me to check in your poll then? "Sir"?

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

You know that you don't have to vote in the poll if you don't like the way it's structured

• Like Like x 3
  31. Clumsy Pacer

Don't know about you but if I'm spending £25-£30 on a route, I expect not to have to spend a further £12-£20 on a loco in order to use said route.

• Like Like x 5
  32. tallboy7648

I agree that just trains are expensive. But dtg are doing that right now in tsw2 in the opposite way JT is doing. If you want to use a train like the 182 that would add services to ska. You have to buy Rapid Transit just to use the 182 even if you don't want to use rapid transit. So you have to spend $50 just to use the 182. So basically dtg are doing the same thing Just Trains is doing

• Like Like x 2
  33. Patrick Kolinski

You can always just read the forums Sir... i think you live in a democratic country aswell right? :love:

• Like Like x 3
  34. Patrick Kolinski

Totally agree, the game is expensive, and im not that guy who blah blah blah about money but if you want to buy everything you have to spend some 500€ on it..so please dont tell me that they dont have funds to work on that projects..cmon guys!! :mad:

• Like Like x 4
  35. tallboy7648

Just Trains should have funds to make their projects so I don't get why their products are so expensive

• Like Like x 3
  36. SHINO BAZ

Hey,nobody has to like anything i say,or believe it but this game needs something to change it direction for the better,and what that is i really not sure,and watching you or others beat me over the head for details seem rather pointless and petty at this point.I wanted some extra insight into the iow before it's release,if you want to sell something to others let them know what your going to offer them.I really don't care about your opinion of me and how i choose to seek info on topics of intrest.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Clumsy Pacer

You have the evidence to back you up that DTG are swimming in money (enough to allow them to work without (or with a fraction of their) income for quite a lot of time), of course?

• Like Like x 5
  38. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

But then the poll is not representative.

Right now it's:

-Yes, OP you are right
    -I am a brainless DTG fanboy

With such poll, the result is worthless as you are actively trying to discourage people voting what you don't want to "win"

• Like Like x 4
  39. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Let's try not to slip into arguments with one another, this thread is currently expressing perfectly valid view points and opinions.

As for the original poll, we are aiming to implement more updates that benefit everyone, now the preserved collection is released in full, this should allow the preservation crew more time to look into those important issues you as a community have mentioned.

That doesn't mean I am promising every single thing will be updated and fixed at once, there are many factors that could delay any potential update. It also doesn't mean we will just stop releasing DLC either. But we will be aiming for a balance and to work towards further improvements.

• Like Like x 8
  40. Patrick Kolinski

Ohhh cmooon!!! What we talk about? Normally we need to discuss about the quality product they release to the customers and you asking me about if they have money to work? cmon...they whole thing we talk about is that they release unfinished product full of bug and that will be better to trying to fix it first and then thinking about new locos and routes..that all, i think im logic enough...

• Like Like x 1
  41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

How can they release quality products if they don't have any money?

42. Patrick Kolinski

Fair enough...BUT normally have you test the game and check the bugs before releasing something in the future? (in all consoles?) Yes or No??? just asking..

• Like Like x 1
  43. Patrick Kolinski

You must be kidding..i have an idea, if you want to take an answer, go open the store, with the addons, ok? make a sum and then come back and answer me..fair enough.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  44. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

They said in the HMA stream they go through various dev builds which are tested, and one of the testers for HMA was a real 423 driver out of Munich which helped them model the BR423, I guess it happens with most routes. In an interview with Geoff Marshall DTG said they had some real BKL driver as testers for the base game.

About the Pres.Co they were focusing on just releasing, no matter if bugged or not, unless it was game braking it was fine with them and said it time and time again (not saying I agree with this way of doing things but it is what it is...)

About HMA there hasn't been any major bugs yet, we will see how the LGV will turn out.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot to fix but those threads are really not helpful IMO

• Like Like x 1
  45. Clumsy Pacer

Yes, and they do (various patches have fallen down on the roadmap because QA have said 'no'). As for DLC, they tend to have a deadline imposed by the people at the top, therefore a product may end up being rushed (see WCML South recently released for TS2021), and anything flagged by QA has to be ignored.

• Like Like x 4
  46. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Because everyone has every DLC... and also remember that companies have costs to cover, the time people spent writing code for the systems, creating 3d models, etc... is worth money, also they have an office which costs money

• Like Like x 3
  47. Clumsy Pacer

Which is a bit of an issue because it means stuff like the massive clipping on Bakerloo are very low on the priority list. If they really want sell this game on immersion, they seriously need to raise the quality bar above "does it work?"

• Like Like x 5
  48. Patrick Kolinski

the thread is made because customers see that they release and release new addons but maybe its time to fix the base game...we paid so much money to finally update this lovely game at all.

• Like Like x 3
  49. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It's really easy, if you think a DLC is not worth the money you don't buy it, if you would like to get it but there is something wrong, you point out what could be improved and IF they listen to you and bring the DLC you want to the level you want then you buy it, exactly what I'm doing with HMA, no need to start threads about how awful DTG is, in your post I just saw a STOP MAKING DLCs FIX THE GAME, and judging by the poll if someone disagrees is a brainless DTG fanboy

• Like Like x 5
  50. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

You realise train sim games aren't exactly call of duty or fortnite right? They operate in a very niche market... I can also guarantee you hardly anybody will have bought every single DLC. You buy the DLC that you are interested in, which is also often on sale, I've probably bought all the DLC I'm interested in for about 60-70% of its total full retail price, over 4 years.

The logic upon which you've based this whole thread is extremely flawed - that because the sum of all the DLC cost a lot Dovetail are extremely rich... I can't tell if you're a troll or just ignorant.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.