PlayStation Heavy Freight Pack - Just Loco Subs Or New Services?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Maxrom, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I'm contemplating the HF pack at the moment. Just wanted to know if this pack adds extra timetabled services to NTP or is it just a loco swap for existing services? Curious to know what number of additional NTP services would become available with this pack installed, if any. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Class 40 brings freight to the route and 08 brings a bit of shunting to the route both adding additional services and few scenarios, hope that helps:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Thanks krustynuggets that's very helpful. Would you recommend the pack?

4. krustynuggets

Me personally I'd definitely recommend it squire, but I'm obsessed with trains and buy nearly everything, plus my OCD won't allow me to have an incomplete collection of anything lol, but if you like NTP and the BR blue era then its a solid no brainer, definite YES :D

• Like Like x 4
  5. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Yeah, I do like the BR blue era, so sounds like it's a solid option for me. Worryingly, one of my favourite things from that era are actually the early mark 2 coaches. I think I probably need help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. krustynuggets

Ahhh your a just as much a freaky strange soul like the rest of us squire, your fit in perfectly...........:D :D :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Nice to know I'm in good company here! :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. krustynuggets

I'm the local alien from a planet far far away called xbox, just rampaging around the planet playstation helping strange folks, don't get much weirder than me...........:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  9. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I'd recommend it Maxron but I'd wait for a sale. Picked it up for £6 last year and I think it was worth that. The 40 is very similar to the 45 and the 08 is basically the same as the 09 on WSR so if you have that you aren't really getting anything new. Just a bit of extra traffic on NTP. Shame it's not in the current sale.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Thanks bart2day interesting to hear. I don't own WSR, so the 08 will be a worthy addition I expect, but it's a fair point you make. Maybe I'll hold fire until a sale, and get stuck into the various German routes that are still vying for my attention.

• Like Like x 2
  11. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was mentioned but the Class 45 & 47 will sub in for some of the freight services

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Class 40 gives you freight runs, class 08 gives you shunting in the yards and can also do passenger services with the class 40.

• Like Like x 3
  13. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

For NTP the Heavy Freight Pack is a must in my opinion. It adds so much plus new loco that will add ton of variety to other stuff on NTP.

You will get more freight and also more loco subs. Bringing the route to life. Also, don't forget the shunter, it's great to see Cronk doing it's business while you pass Huddersfield. Again, bringing the Huddersfield area more to life.

• Like Like x 3
  14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So just under a year ago, I did a 10 hour "railcam" esque livestream at Huddersfield. You could call it kind of a train spot. No other interaction from me, apart from at the beginning and the end of the stream. It shows off the dispatcher kind of things for the route. The following week I had done a 10 hour stream standing (on the flyover) opposite the depot at Reading.

So yes the Heavyfreight pack is well worth it. Plus it will only be £11.49 so its not that expensive.

Here's the results.

Hentis

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You get the Class 40 and Class 08 with some oil tankers and small van wagons. The new freight and existing passenger services can mostly be run with any of the Class 40, 45 and 47 locos which gives a lot of variety to the services. There are 17 oil tanker services in all and a couple of mainline van services as well. I can’t remember how many shunting services there are with the 08 off the top of my head but there is a good mix There are scenarios as well of course. It’s well worth getting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2