Rapid Transit Question

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aufzug, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Hey all,

I know Rapid transit is an older route from TSW, but I think it still has a lot to offer. When you're driving the Talent 2 as an S-bahn service in Rapid transit, as you get into the city of Leipzig, you head underground for a few stations including the Hauptbahnhof. Driving the DB BR 182 as a Regio Deutsche- bahn service, you do the same thing as you get into Leipzig.

Although the theme of Rapid Transit is more towards local commuters on the 442, it could be useful to add a few extra services to the overground and actually have a working overground Hbf. Driving through the underground section in a Regio DB Br 182 doesn't feel right at all. If DTG wasn't interested in having the overground Leipzig Hbf why would they also include a Regio DB service on the 182? Maybe because it's a terminus or maybe because it would be just another hbf that looks similar to Koeln?

I would really enjoy Rapid transit that much more if there was more of an overground option through Leipzig. Especially since the hbf is a big transport hub for Regio, IC, and ICE services in Saxony. Dont get me wrong, the underground stations in Leipzig are really cool but it can take away from the experience a bit depending on what type of service you are driving.

DTG has really doubled down on their German content so why not make improvements to an existing one? Thoughts?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Certainly wouldn't mind seeing more done with it, the only major reason the route was never like much in the first place was because it only included the Talent 2. Kind of baffling consider there's a metric ton of unused lines and yards, so you could add pretty much every type of German train easily. Do something like add Main-Spessart Bahn stock like with the ICE routes, or make a DB Heavy Freight DLC or the like for it. Anything to add some more variety to the route and it would probably be fairly well liked in all honesty, it certainly has enough trackage for expansions.

• Like Like x 5
  3. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

Also they should turn on the LZB North of Leipzig Messe station. I noticed there is an LZB cable but it doesn't work (I tried with a custom scenario using the ICE 3 from Munich Augsburg)

• Like Like x 3