Allow All Appropriate Br Era Locos And Stock To Sub Into Wsr

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tubefan1973, Nov 28, 2020.

1. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

So, WSR is set as a diesel gala and at the moment, it simply isn't cutting it. In TSW 2020 you had the standard 47 and 09, the 33 and 52 all with MK1s, If you owned Tees-Valley and the class 31 and 20 you would gain access to the 08, the 31 and the 20. (and also the BR Heavy Freight 08) but now in TSW2, the class 31 has gone, so my proposal for TrainSim-Adam is to Re-enable the class 31 but to also add to realism and playability (you can only do the same thing so many times) you should enable the class 101 DMMU, the class 37, 40, 45 and 47 and any other stock added over time (that has a suitable livery) In addition to this, to work with the NON-WSR Locomotive power ONLY you should allow the MK1 stock to swap the whole consist for MK2 stock from Northern-Trans-Pennine (again ONLY THE NON WSR STOCK as the WSR locos have no air break functionality) adding MK2s will add a higher sense of playability and "galaness" to the game for WSR as just about anything and everything is used at a diesel gala

Tell me what YOU think (do not allow others opinions to change yours)
    Yours with gratitude
    Tubefan

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The 31 should come back. If they can find a way of adding the other BR locos then they should give that a go as well.

I know there was an issue with doing that in TSW2020, something to do with the brakes on the other locos not liking the MK1 coaches. If they were to use the MK2s and the Class 101 then they would have to substitute for the entire trains in the existing services because there’s not much room to add another timetable layer for them. That would mean two types of substitution for the same trains, just the loco or the whole consist depending on what you want to drive, and I’m not sure that’s even possible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

It should be made possible. The whole substitution system should be way more flexible. Make it work with an "off the rails" mode too for ultimate flexibility and endless possibilities.

DTG invented a system with too many restrictions and limitations. It's time to upgrade to a better version.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tubefan1973

Yeah, your right! E.G. we should be able to use the 31 (101) drag on NTP aswell as TVL, and the tractors and choppers too

5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I bet in modern day UK they still occasionally do runs with heritage trains, isn't it? How about allowing us to take any of these BR-era trains for a spin on ECW or GWR? In timetable mode please.

I'm aware of the possibilities offered by creating your own scenarios, but setting up all AI trains is a hassle that could've been automated. Good old Train Simulator had a Quick Drive mode for this. And although Timetable mode offers some nice little features that Quick Drive mode didn't have, it doesn't offer the flexibility that Quick Drive has.

• Like Like x 2
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Oh yes, you are right it should be more flexible but I don’t know if they can do that without altering the models they already have. If they have to alter how they work now to make them compatible with each other that has the potential to break things in the content they are already used for, and it’s an awful lot of testing to do to make sure that isn’t the case. If it’s a case of altering the way the substitution system works rather than the models themselves and those problems won’t occur then that’s great and it’s more likely to happen. I’m just going off what I remember them saying in the past about the issue. I’m all for them actually doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The limitations of the current substitution system will only cause more trouble as the collection of routes and locos grow. Better fix it sooner than later...

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up.

The size of the explanation needed to respond to the things raised in this topic is so large it would be better to provide it via one of the Roadmap Twitch streams. I will look at responding to this in the next stream on the 8th of December.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the explanation :)

10. tubefan1973

Perfect, put it on a sticky note and put it on your monitor

11. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Thoroughly agree.

12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

This may be a stupid question, but how do I actually "substitute" in a timetable without having to set up a custom scenario?

13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

You can't set up substitutes yourself. When selecting a service, the game will offer you a selection of locomotives or MUs to use for that particular service. Any of these trains that aren't included in the route DLC itself, and thus come from another route or loco DLC, are considered "substitutes".

EDIT: I guess those trains that ADD extra layers to the service mode might not be called "substitutes". Not sure about the definition.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  14. OldVern

Thanks Purno. I guess I hadn't spotted that. I mean, obviously you can pick the Class from those that come with the route but I didn't realise you could then further change it. I shall experiment...

15. OldVern

Well still a bit puzzled here.
    Went into NTP. Selected Timetable Mode then Class 40, list of trains appears. Highlight the run I'm interested in and game immediately launches - no option to substitute alternative motive power.
    What am I missing?

16. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

You did it right, you select the engine you want and all services it can be on will appear. The Class 40, 45, & 47 in NTP all go off the same set of services, so when you complete a service with one of the engines it's considered complete for all of them. The freight services are included with the 40, but can use a 45 or a 47 as well and thus appear in their list alongside the standard passenger services. Likewise you can use the 40 on the passenger services instead of the 45 & 47 if you wish.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  17. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

NTP doesn't use locos from other routes if I remember correctly. It can only use the locos from the BR Heavy Freight Pack.

Substitution is something you mostly see on German routes, those have most trains available if you own a few German routes.

18. OldVern

I was hoping to use the Class 52 or the 37 on NTP so take it that's not possible without setting up a scenario - which as we know ATM don't work on NTP as the first signal won't clear?

19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Indeed, that's one of the examples of the limitations of the current system. It's up to DTG or third party developers to make locos available in timetable mode.

I'm no expert on which trains ran on the NTP, but the Class 31 and the two-car Class 101 are both of the same BR Blue era, so I don't really understand why they shouldn't be available on NTP.

Anyways, looks like we're getting some information about why the substitution system is as it is in the livestream of 8 december.

20. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

The 31 not appearing on NTP has purely been for memory related reasons, with issues of crashes at Miles Platting occurring it doesn't exactly make sense to add more fuel to the fire in that regard.

21. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

How about for PC ;)

22. tubefan1973

Yeah, but Miles Platting has been fixed