Version Information

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Horst K, Jan 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Horst K

Horst K New Member

If I have a look under settings, I get the information v61.4b. Is this the actual Version of TS 2017 or TS 2018?
    Is there any other possibility to find out the actual version of my installed Train Simulator?

2. sumitsingh

sumitsingh Member

look at version.txt file

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horst K

Horst K New Member

Thanks for the answer sumitsingh, but this is the same value what I found under settings. So let us call it "actual value". But where can I find the "setpoint"? If we compare actual value with the set point, an we can see that the deviation is zero, then we know that we have the latest version. Sorry for my first post, it was not written clear enough by me what I want to know. :)

4. sumitsingh

sumitsingh Member

What is setpoint?
    I never heard.
    If you have TS18 steam version, v61.4b is the latest built.

5. Horst K

Horst K New Member

Hi, thanks for this information.
    Setpoint comes from the closed loop control. That is the value what You want to have.
    In this case it should be v61.4b, so I can compare it with the value what You will find under settings. If there is no difference, I know that I use the actual latest version.
    Stiil the question is, from where can I get the information about the actual version. On Your / my PC You see only what is the installed version.

6. sumitsingh

sumitsingh Member

No idea about actual version. Sorry
    :o

7. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Horst, I think by "setpoint" and "actual version" you mean the latest available version. If TS18 is installed then currently the latest available version is v61.4b as mentioned above.

I'm pretty certain there is no way to query the installed version to see if a later version is available. Sadly the DTG staff do not post the version number when updates or new versions of train simulator are released. Your only option is to make a manual note of the current version number installed. When an update or new version is announced as released you can then check if the version number has changed.

8. Horst K

Horst K New Member

Hello SamYeager270, hello SumitSingh,
    thank´s a lot for Your answers. It´s a good way to note the latest version, so that You can see there is a change in future. Nevertheless, in my opinion too, it would be better that the staff of DTG give us the acutal version number.
    All best regards,
    Horst