Southeasternhighspeed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WVUadam, Nov 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Extra points if DTG are including the sheerness branch that is a extension in TS. Would be good value for money.

• Like Like x 2
  2. @l3x_Fr

@l3x_Fr Active Member

[QUOTE = "WVUadam, post: 213243, membre: 8693"] Points supplémentaires si DTG inclut la branche Sheerness qui est une extension dans TS. Ce serait un bon rapport qualité / prix. [/ CITATION]
    Completely different, but if they had included it they surely would have included the extension of the Medit LGV as well, which the latest news has not been.

Either we will have them basic or we will have them in expansion, but you really think they will be there basic AND FREE? HAHA LOL DTG would never do anything for free!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

IIRC it wasn't included for RW, so I wouldn't hold my breath but you never know

4. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Doubt it. But we can all but wish

5. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I anyone else as underwhelmed as I am about this forthcoming release? I mean, it’s in tunnel for most of the way to Ebbsfleet, apart from the short section around the QE2 Bridge. Then as soon as it his daylight, clackety clack clackety clack, we’re on third rail to Faversham.

If they are going to do HS1, why not run it to Ashford at least (maybe with the branch out to Faversham as an option), so we can at least see a good deal of it rather than just tunnel walls?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jezame

Jezame Member

I played the Train Simulator version of this route and loved it, so I am really looking forward to this. The train with the AC pantograph or DC third rail makes it interesting, and mixing a high speed section with a different safety system then changing and going on to standard network rail signalling makes it unique. Plus the third rail part of the route is visually good looking. So you aren’t getting a long high speed section, but you are getting a route which is a varied mix.

Edit: Overused the word interesting and grammar cleanup

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

I am looking forward to it as the 395 "Javelin" is one of my favorites

• Like Like x 1
  8. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I am looking forward to it purely for the units, not the route I wont like,

Currently the most modern unit that runs on uk rails irl Is the class 377 and everything else is 30 or 40 years old or older.

I hope when running it off the rails we can run it in pantograph mode though as on third rail its limited.

I have only watched videos of 3route on TS and it is a mixed route like Koln Aachen route

• Like Like x 2
  9. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Where on earth did you get that info from? The 377s are around 10-15 years old at this point.

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

From STP you go up and over the Kings Cross lines (short tunnel over the KX lines but open otherwise), then tunnel to Ashford which is in an underground box, but open to the elements. Then another tunnel but you come out into the open air for a few miles in East London, then another tunnel under the Thames near the bridge, so probably half and half tunnel / open rather than all tunnel
    Also, not much clackety clack on the third rail bit anymore as it's mostly continuous welded from what I know

11. ARuscoe

On this route (if set today) the 395s would be about ten years old, the networkers about 30, 37x about 15-20, 66s as well, and of course the 700s which are only about 5 years old
    If they set it earlier than 2000 you might get slam door units from the 50s/60s, but I doubt they're going to do that

12. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

HS1 section 1 opened in 2003 with section 2 opening in 2007. So pre-2000 and it's the classic route from Ashford to Waterloo International and NO high speed.

13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

If only!

I am looking forward to it however, it should be an interesting contrast between HS1 and the "classic" section. I enjoy the section around Rochester and Chatham in TS1, looking forward to seeing it in TSW. I wonder if it will have the new Rochester station.

14. ARuscoe

The version on TSx has the old Gravesend too, I believe. The new one is in the CML route

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. theorganist

I hadn't realised that Gravesend station was new too.

16. ARuscoe

When the Highspeed was first introduced Gravesend had four tracks, two platform (P1 UP and P2 DN) and two through lines, it'd been like this for decades beforehand
    Soon after the HS was introduced they removed the through lines, realigned slightly and made the old P1 into P0 which is a 12 car UP bay platform, created a 1 sided island which forms P1 (still UP) and P2 remains as DN
    Gravesend is the terminus of the northkent metro system which is operated by 465 and 466 networkers and they use platform 0. Very few of these run further into Medway
    The 395 and 700s run via P1 and P2 towards Ebbsfleet/Dartford and Medway

The North Kent lines are a big gap in the Train Sim universe, I haven't found any representation of them anywhere, and I mean from Dartford to Charing Cross / Cannon Street.

• Like Like x 2
  17. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I just meant compared to the HST which was built in 1978-1982 or thereabouts, and yes I understand the class 377 being built in the early 2000s makes them almost 20 years old.

The 166 is the only other uk unit in the game currently is the class 166 built I believe around 1992-1993

Every other uk unit is older than the HST so it would be nice to have a intercity unit that is new, I agree the class 377 holds amazingly as a long distance unit and can even run commuter

• Like Like x 1
  18. theorganist

I have often thought that Charing Cross would have been a better inclusion as part of the Chatham Mainline route that Victoria, as looking at the timetables I have more trains to Gillingham seem to emanate from there than Victoria.

19. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I think you mean tunnel to Stratford (not Ashford) which is in an underground box but open to the elements. I don't know what clackety clack has to do with anything. Should get quite a bit of it even on modern lines but DTG haven't implemented it on quite a lot of the train sounds.

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The route features high speed sections and sections where you go very slowly and everything in between, and in that regard is more interesting than a fully high speed route. You’ll be “driving” the train all the way, rather than sitting there while it goes fast, if you know what I mean. It certainly looks much more interesting than the LGV route that’s coming out before it.

• Like Like x 5
  21. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

That's true, however some people enjoy long distance limited stop services as well. I personally enjoy going long distance without stopping however I also like it when your passing through stations whilst doing it.

With both these routes coming out looks like a route style for every passenger lover, hopefully after these and in next few roadmap we see a new freight route and there is an American route in there, so I feel they are being well balanced right now.

On a personal note, I love doing non stop runs in intercity units yet in not sure about the TGV route being more fun than GWE or one of the German high speed routes.

• Like Like x 2
  22. ARuscoe

I did indeed

That was from the person I quoted, and i think they were referring to "slow rails" rather than high speed rail

• Like Like x 1
  23. ARuscoe

Gillingham used to host a lot of terminating services from CHX, but these were mainly taken over by Thameslink 700s which now terminate at Rainham
    There are more services from Victoria that go through GLM than those from CHX and I believe always have been (by a ratio of 2:1) because they go to the Kent Coast, and of course you now have Faversham and loop Javelins too, as well as the ones going to and from the Gillingham depot (mainly networkers from what I've seen parked up there)
    One thing we get very little of is freight (not including RHTTs in that). Kent has very little that isn't running straight down to Ashford and through the tunnel once you get past Hoo / Grain

• Like Like x 2
  24. theorganist

Okay thanks for that. I was making scenarios for the CML, I think in fact I might have been looking at some of the more local services, as I was trying to find services which used the Catford loop which started at Victoria and terminated within the route. I try and avoid scenarios which "fall off the end of the route" if I can help it unless it is a logical driver swap over point etc.

25. ARuscoe

Doesn't seem to be any. The route is now operated by Thameslink but can be used as a diversion for the VIC lines

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  26. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Just showing my age :)

• Like Like x 2
  27. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

for all I care I just wish they would make a eurostar expansion and extend the line to ramsgate on both ends with the sheerness-on-sea branch (we are assuming Ashford comes with Eurostar) but no at least Southeastern High Speed to Ashford and Ramsgate from both Ashford and Faversham would be nice as I do quite like Southeastern and the 395's

• Like Like x 1