PlayStation Unacceptable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Air France 4590, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Hello dear developers
    Yesterday i bought the BR204 , what an awesome locomotive , i just love it .
    However , there are still some bugs which are a bit annoying sometimes + i got some missing textures.
    But i got something else to tell you : i am very disappointed about the very small number of services that comes with this locomotive , i made all of them in less than 24 hours .
    I can understand that there aren't many shunting services on only one map ( MSB ) , but i was surprised that there aren't any services available on SKA , RRO and RSN for example.
    I paid 10E for 7 services and..a few scenarios where i can't drive with the new immersion mode.
    So i am going to get refunded.
    Have a good day.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

1. You can use the immersion controls. How you do this has been stated quite often
    2. The number of services was discussed extensively when it was released. I understand that not everyone can follow up on every discussion but any search on the forum whatsoever would have immediately flagged this to you before buying it. But I still agree that the number is too low.

• Like Like x 2
  3. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

It was a tragic tale of man meets loco, man loves loco, but loco can never be what man wants, so man decides to get refund instead, a tale for the ages indeed.......

Lets hope they don't get the BR 363, we'll be having another epic tragic tale for the ages........:D :D :D

• Like Like x 10
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

If you are on PlayStation I don't think you can get a refund at all once downloaded, unlike the Steam platform

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Something tells me this sad tragic tale is going to have a even sadder tragic twist in it, the tragedy of the lost money, Alas poor currency of your choosing, for i knew it well..........:D :D :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Good evening
    1 : if i wrote that i wasn't able to use Immersion controls when playing scenario then this is the truth x)
    2 : it's been 7 months since the release of the 204 , so i think that DTG had a bit of time to implement new services
    Cheers

7. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

I hope that i will get a refund , mostly because i got some missing textures . ( and yes i am a PS4 player )

8. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Yh im praying for you

• Like Like x 1
  9. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

No way you’ll get a refund on PSN when you downloaded the DLC

• Like Like x 1
  10. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Rivet Games made the 204 not DTG :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

You got a point

12. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

This. You've more chance of getting blood out the perverbial stone than getting a refund out of Sony! Especially when both your arguments are invalid.

• Like Like x 4
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You should not have been surprised that there aren’t services on the other routes as it was never advertised as having any. Now that you have played all the included content it wouldn’t be right to get a refund even if you can. You have used the product as fully as intended so I don’t know what grounds you would have for a refund. You can’t buy a small cake, eat it fully, then ask for a refund because you thought the cake was too small.

Even though it isn’t great value for money when comparing it to some other loco DLC there is still some hope for it. You still have the loco to use as much as you like. You can play the services and scenarios that came with it more than once. You will be able to use it more with the scenario planner as that tool gets more functionality. All is not lost.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Ad i said before , i mostly want to get a refund because i got missing textures.

15. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

The 363 at least has a decent selection of interesting content. The 204s content is lacking inspiration, to say the least...

16. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Where in your original post does it mention textures. You only pushed the textures argument when your original points were shot down. I might politely point out that this 'changing the goalposts' approach when you don't get the replies you want isn't going to endear yourself to anyone.
    Again, theres more chance of the devil ice skating past than a refund!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lamplight

Could you show us the missing textures? As this is the Playstation forum, I should have the exact same files for the Br 204 that you've got and I didn't notice any missing textures.

• Like Like x 1
  18. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

You won't be able to get a refund unfortunately, as you have agreed to the terms and conditions as highlighted in the attached screenshot when purchasing the DLC.

Screenshot_20201203-102720.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The only current thing I see wrong with the 204 on PS is that the PZB isn't working for some reason. You turn it on and.....nothing. Indicators are missing from the HUD. There is an item on the Roadmap for 'Safety Systems in the HUD' but again like my post re the IOW fixes yesterday, it's a bit too general of an item to know if the 204 is actually included in this

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of this loco and on Playstation you get exactly the same model as on PC. The only difference I can see are some step plate textures, which are too blurry. I already posted this to Rivet Games and made a screenshot comparison with the PC version. The only thing I'm not satisfied with is that you can't paint the locomotive in the Livery Designer yet. ;)

BR204 Trittblech Unterschied.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. Lamplight

Did you get an answer from Rivet? This almost looks like a LOD issue to me (similar to IOW).

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...of course, they are very kind and helpful at Rivet Games forum. After I showed this collage with the blurred texture they noticed it too. If LOD means texture loading, then I can confirm it isn't a loading or a memory problem. Because the consoles are mostly less powerful than Gaming PCs (except PS5 and Xbox Series X), so they had to downsize the textures for a better performance and framerates. But if you compare the step plates with the better looking ones from the BR363, it was a bit too much downsizing. Currently no patch is planned for it. But never say never, if all current gen console players switch in the near future to next gen consoles, the studios have to keep up...

• Like Like x 1
  23. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Hehe, LOD isn't a typo or short for load, but means level of detail. The method behind this tries to avoid loading detailed textures if the object in question is too far away and therefore the difference would not be noticeable or visible. In this case the distance is set too low for the highest detailed textures.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Lamplight

Thanks for explaining. I should have done it myself in my original post:)

With the LOD problems IOW had on console it seems to me that this could be one as well that slipped past us when the loco was first released.

25. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!