The Delaware And Hudson Susquehanna Division

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by NYSW3636, Feb 19, 2018.

1. NYSW3636

NYSW3636 New Member

In the Susquehanna valley of Upstate New York lies a vital rail line for the bustling(Now fallen flag) railroad, the Delaware and Hudson. The Delaware and Hudson was a railroad that owned 1,581 route miles from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania to Montreal, Quebec. The Susquehanna Division is the name given to the portion between Binghamton, New York to Oneonta, New York due to the route following the Susquehanna river almost 80% of the route. The D&H employed a fleet of GE, EMD, Alco, and of course 2 Baldwin Sharknosed RF16 units.
    The route features a large yard in East Binghamton(Conklin) and a hump yard in Oneonta(decommissioned in the 80s-90s)
    The route also boasts the route running over the punishing Belden Hill grade that crests in the middle of Belden Tunnel
    There is also the High Bridge in Nineveh, this bridge is one of the highest railroad bridges in the area.
    And multiple industries along the route including the Jennsion Power Plant in Bainbridge along with Blue Seel Feeds, McDowell and Walker Feeds in Afton, Unalam in Sidney and lots others.
    The route always had a large following back in 1977 and 41 years later it still has a large railfan base on the line.
    26983387313_fc0fac41f5_z.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

While I agree that Dovetail Games needs to make routes that take place in northern Pennsylvania (basically north of Allentown) I think there are better options available for routes that take place in northern Pennsylvania. I prefer the Susquehanna Hill section of the Erie's Mainline from Port Jervis to Binghamton. That's where the famous Triplex and Angus steam locomotives ran and the route crosses the New York-Pennsylvania state line multiple times. It's a real shame that the Susquehanna Hill section of the Erie's mainline has never been featured in a train simulation game, it's famous and had some interesting locomotives that ran on it.

3. NYSW3636

NYSW3636 New Member

Any route in the Southern Tier would be awesome! I railfan around Binghamton whenever i have time. Haven't gotten out near Port Jervis yet...but i agree!

• Like Like x 1