Tsw 2 - High Speed Heaven

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 4, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Actually having seen more screenshots from the Marseille area I have to say I changed my mind from last week's article, as the different (although noticeable) does not seem to much of an immersion breakers as I thought it would be but I think this time I will skip on this debate and I'll wait until I actually buy it and try it out for myself.

The important thing is that the switchover is there and is working correctly.

I would still like an explanation though just of out curiosity...

2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I
    Yeah, I can't mess with that. I'm more of a frequent stopping commuter railroad-type of person. I may try this route out in the future when there is a price drop though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZeenozPlays

Maybe SEHS Will change that with the "small route for the speeds".

Still waiting on full routes though. If this route was the full, completed thing, I'd probably get it. I kinda enjoyed the services on GWR where you bring the Class 43 into Paddington, reverse ends, and do the drive back to Reading.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

But in the ts2021 version of the route, the overhead catenary wires are correct as they would be in real life so all they could've done is move the wires they had from ts2021 since they had the resources and put them into tsw2 instead of using the incorrect wires. It won't be a game breaker but the fact that they had the correct catenary wires and could've used those in this route instead of using incorrect catenary wires is quite odd

5. ZeenozPlays

I've said this as well, you're probably not gonna notice it at the speeds, and it's not a big enough issue for someone to avoid the route. It's just something that's in the back of the mind while you're on this route.

• Like Like x 2
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Exactly, that's the kind of thing that can really make a difference, much more than the actual product IMO... but at the end if they decided against it there must be a good reason, it can't be laziness...

7. ZeenozPlays

I
    I don't think it was really laziness. It might've been too difficult based on time constraints. It'd be nice to hear some info about this directly from them, although I doubt that'll happen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

where did you find these picture??

9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

They have confirmed the procedure will be there, the correct catenary not. Somewhat of a bummer if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Well it would me if I knew what the catenary looked like in real-life! Look at the OHLE on the WCML section of the Bakerloo line, completely wrong! It's Great Western Mainline OHLE they've used! Now I can put up with that for the Bakerloo line as we don't drive on the WCML and it's only a short stretch on the Bakerloo route.

However, if they ever released a WCML specific route and used catenary from the GWML then yes, that would deffo stop me from buying it as I would just not get the immersion that I'm on the WCML!

• Like Like x 4
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I could understand even a simple "it's not worth the time considering how little it would add to the experience"... at the end only a fraction of the people here on the forums care and the people on the forum is already a small fraction of the whole playerbase

• Like Like x 3
  12. tallboy7648

The line does go further from Faversham down to dover and other destinations as well but at least we will get a full line for sehs for services that go to faversham. In terms of the 375 and 465, they go to London Victoria so the services for those trains won't be particulary long

• Like Like x 2
  13. tallboy7648

It probably was because of the deadlines the higher ups put to make this route although I would not be supirsed if they didn't explain themselves

• Like Like x 2
  14. ZeenozPlays

SEHS has the potential to be one of the best routes. Filled to the brim with a TUNNEL.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tallboy7648

I have that route in ts2021 and it's one of my favorites in the game

• Like Like x 3
  16. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

SE-HS is actually one my most played routes in TS. It's just awesome... the high speed part has some decently frequent stops as well and then the switch to third rail... within 1 minute you go from an Eurostar whizzing by at 250 km/h to a victorian traditional line with the classic british low profile tunnels and viaducts over the line, some 15 mph section where you are on a viaduct over some tiny little towns, that route is just awesome, and then the last bit at 90 mph just before Faversham... I can't wait

• Like Like x 6
  17. ZeenozPlays

"Short Strech" Almost half the line.

I've seen pics and vids of the WCML IRL, and in the game, it doesn't bother me because you're not on that track, you have to pay attention to the Underground/Overground tracks instead of that. But yeah, if there was a WCML Route and they just reused that section, i'd be pretty upset and that would prevent me from getting the route. Here though, I think the speeds you are going kinda gives you less of a chance of noticing. Plus, If you didn't know the real Catenary, you'd think it was fine. I think the Ballast and DEFINITELY the scenery are the bigger issues.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ZeenozPlays

Can't wait either, we haven't had many Modern Day British Rail routes.

• Like Like x 5
  19. tallboy7648

Hopefully they will improve and get accurate scenery for future routes

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

The lack of modern british routes is quite strange for a company based in the u.k

• Like Like x 8
  21. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Sam said in the BR Heavy Freight pack stream on Tuesday that he would be streaming it with the professor (Matt) next week.

• Like Like x 2
  22. ZeenozPlays

haha, I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Guess they just really like the old school routes.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Probably comes down to licensing, look at how many different operators there are in the UK! I don't know much about German railways, is it just DB that operate German trains there?

Imagine if our railways in the UK were just BR again, as long as DTG could obtain a license then great, actually in saying that, what would happen if it was BR and DTG could not get a license? No TSW2 UK routes/loco's?

• Like Like x 3
  24. tallboy7648

It could be a licesing issue hence why most of the u.k routes in the game are historic routes. But at the same time it is quite odd. I wouldn't think that every modern british rail company would not give dtg the chance to make their route in the game. DB does run all of the National rail lines in Germany as well as some private companies but all the german national railways are nationalised under DB

• Like Like x 1
  25. ZeenozPlays

Well, we know DTG has the Southern, GWR, TFL, and Southeastern Licenses so maybe we'll see more routes with those companies. Hopefully some more from TFL.

• Like Like x 2
  26. tallboy7648

I hope that we can see more from tfl. GWR is questionable since we got no new gwr content at all for tsw2020 with no clear reason

• Like Like x 1
  27. ZeenozPlays

Maybe the Piccadilly Line is in Development, hmmm...

• Like Like x 1
  28. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I hope we can get some Thameslink in the London area, seems like that kind of start stop, decent speed services I really like, if DTG is feeling particularly brave could try to implement ATO since it's operational in a short stretch of track near London while having most of the route manually operated.

Also Thameslink should be under TfL so it should not be a huge problem.

TBH I'm not a huge fan of underground lines, subway or not.

Now that reality is starting to creep in my mind I realize why building an overground line which passes over the city of London might not be feasible with the current tech... still I can dream

• Like Like x 1
  29. tallboy7648

I think having thamslink would be cool espicially for the Brighton Main Line and with the class 700s

• Like Like x 2
  30. tallboy7648

TS2021 is a much better simulation experince than tsw2 in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  31. ZeenozPlays

Thameslink would be nice but jeez, say goodbye to that on consoles. I’d say more Underground routes is more likely. Maybe some overground lines, Overground shouldn’t be too much of an issue since (to my knowledge) it it my elevated/overground in the City of London.

• Like Like x 4
  32. ZeenozPlays

If only the option for TS2021 was available for Consoles...

33. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Which is ISN'T!

34. ZeenozPlays

Sorry but I think your grammar got messed up on that last message. “Is ISNT?”

• Like Like x 1
  35. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I have both and I prefer TSW even if at times feels more "rough" and not as refined as TS2021... at the end they are similar but the timetable mode is what keeps me coming back to TSW... you have almost an endless choice of services to play, even if they are pretty similar, for me just a little change in time or weather is enough to satisfy me.

At this point I only use TS to play with third part content or to create my own scenarios, everything else I use TSW...

Also remember that TSW it's not new anymore but is still while not in its infancy anymore has endless possibilities to improve in the coming years and hopefully given enough time it will feel as "refined" as TS

• Like Like x 5
  36. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Simple typing error, if you want to be petty. If you want to take part in a English grammar competition, go for it? I am more than ready!

• Like Like x 1
  37. tallboy7648

The East London Line which is part of the London Overground does run underground and has stations underground which I find funny since it's called the London Overground but it runs Underground lol

• Like Like x 1
  38. ZeenozPlays

Riiiiiiight, so ima just ignore you. It seems like you’re drunk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Most of the Overground isn't in the City of London, because the City itself is only a mile wide.
    The Overground goes through loads of Boroughs, including the Cities of Westminster and London, but for the most part it's outside of the ancient city

• Like Like x 2
  40. ZeenozPlays

You’d be surprised, more than 45% of the London Underground is actually Overground.

• Like Like x 1
  41. ARuscoe

And about half of the modern Underground is actually above ground...

• Like Like x 2
  42. tallboy7648

I think if that was the case, they would have to rebuild the game I think so it could work for consoles. The game is 10 years old after all

• Like Like x 1
  43. ZeenozPlays

Ahh, thanks for the info. I know less of the Overground than the Underground.

I honestly only know much about the Watford DC line. And that’s only cuz of the Bakerloo.

• Like Like x 1
  44. ZeenozPlays

True.

45. ARuscoe

I live about 30 miles from London and worked there for years. Quite a lot of people get the whole "City of London" thing mixed up with the London region

• Like Like x 2
  46. ARuscoe

And that it's built on DirectX would be a problem as that doesn't port

• Like Like x 1
  47. ZeenozPlays

I’ve been confused for a while, I’ve always wondered, “why does London have a borough/district called the City of London? Isn’t the whole city the city?”

• Like Like x 1
  48. tallboy7648

I find that amusing because it's called the london underground but half of it is overground.

• Like Like x 2
  49. tallboy7648

I'm dead lol

• Like Like x 1
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve only quoted your two posts to illustrate a point but some other people are also asking for both longer routes and more accurate scenery along the route. The reality is there is the possibility of one of these happening. For longer routes, the scenery has to be partially automatically created, for more accurate scenery it all has to be painstakingly placed by paid humans. The price of DLC isn’t going up so it really is a choice of one or the other. You certainly can’t have both. If the scenery is to be more accurate than is currently represented then routes will likely have to be shorter. For longer routes there will have to be considerably more generic scenery. I personally think the current balance is fine but if you want it to be different one will be at the expense of the other.

• Like Like x 12