Tsw 2 - High Speed Heaven

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 4, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Naming Conventions.

Almost half of the Bakerloo, District, Metropolitan, and Hammersmith & City lines are aboveground.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZeenozPlays

At this point, just give me a longer route with semi-accurate scenery.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

I had to. When you from NYC, you don’t holdback.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That is quite confusing. When I would think of the City Of London, I would think of it meaning the entire city as a whole with it's boroughs

5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think you need to grow up!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

A simple “Downtown” would be more understandable. Maybe the “City Of London” name stems from the history of the city though. Kinda like Wall Street in NYC.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tallboy7648

I'll take longer routes. The scenery doesn't have to be 100% accurate but they shouldn't make it so innacurate. Make it semi-accurate

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

Downtown london would be more understandable instead of the "city of london"

9. ZeenozPlays

Yup. I’ve gotten used to it though. Everytime I see “City Of London” I know it’s like the business core.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

You know the vibe

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZeenozPlays

Exactly, Stations, Skylines, Monuments, and anything that relates to the actual track needs to be accurate. Anything else can be toned down a little.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZeenozPlays

“Yerr, You know the vibes!”

Ok, back to being professional.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tallboy7648

Lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

Agreed espicially if the game is being marketed as being made as accurate to real life as possible

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

in the far back..isnt that the blue tgv livery??
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

No, that's a lighting defect. Particularly common in places were baked lighting meets dynamic lighting.

• Like Like x 3
  17. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to drive that iconic train trough that nice landscape with around 320 kph. Very good work DTG.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

On the subject of the article itself, Dovetail need to employ a professional writer for these articles. Railways do not alight in towns, that makes no sense, and the plural of valley is valleys, not valley’s.

That’s just the first sentence. It doesn’t improve much after that.

• Like Like x 5
  19. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt can you confirm us that you didn’t used the Dasye sound but the real one for the Duplex which is a 200 series ?

20. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Marseille - Avignon uses autogen scenery; HMA did not....this may have something to do with it. The other explanation is concessions needed to be made to maintain the framerate at 320km/h for the consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  21. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I hope autogen doesn’t mean a reduction in scenery density/quality for future routes. I actually thought autogen allowed for MORE detailed scenery, as it automatically places the basics for you? Though I guess you can become too reliable upon it and not place the appropriate scenery down manually afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The way I understand it is the base scenery which is autogen'd will be average quality....but then the DTG art team go over and add to it. Depending on how much time/effort is put into this aspect of it is the end result we see on release.

Whether the detail varies over the course of the 58miles or is locked to a certain detail level remain to be seen

• Like Like x 3
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The main purpose will be to streamline the building process but I doubt the current level of detail will either increase or decrease to a great extent, it’ll just help with creating longer routes. The development time will have to remain the same or reduce slightly and the amount of detail is still reliant on performance limits as much as anything else, so is unlikely to increase. Accuracy and quality will still vary as it does now depending on reference materials, available scenery assets, and time constraints etc.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I like the look of the PIS on this route. It's interesting to see something more than just a dot-matrix display.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  25. tallboy7648

It's like the articles are being written by people who didn't go to English class

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

With next gen consoles hopefully if they add more detail, performance won't be a hit since they are so powerful as a good spec pc

• Like Like x 1
  27. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Let us hope they included this as well... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  28. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t want to be too harsh on the person who wrote the article but I would question why there isn’t a writer doing it or at least someone checking it before publishing.
    Unfortunately until they release versions for the next gen, they still have to make sure everything works on the lowest spec of the current gen (I’m happy they do as that’s what I’ve got). I expect that when the next gen versions do come out some detail will increase. I’d hope at the very least we’ll see more city skylines and large landmarks.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Hah, I hadn't even realised that was the SNCF chime until I travelled to Lille and heard it over the announcements. I was very confused!

30. ZeenozPlays

When they actually start developing for the new consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  31. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

93449BF0-4D27-4191-8ED1-8335EBD00A74.png C47CE7A5-49A5-4FFB-987E-C84F5868C0D0.jpeg
    Too bad the Atlantique livery isn’t included but we can do it with the livery editor

• Like Like x 1
  32. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

On the topic of autogen, the whole idea around it isn't to provide a certain level of quality or whatever. Its moreso a tool to help them with development by automating the process a bit and hopefully cutting down the amount of time it takes to make a route.

Think of it this way: how are all those mountains and hills created? All those changing gradients along the length of a route... This would be much too tedious for a person to do by hand and it might end up being inaccurate. Instead, they utilize elevation data from something like Google or some other map services, and plug that data into the editor.

Much in the same vain, autogen scenery could look at a map and analyze an area and say, "right, in this area there should be a cluster of dense trees/forests, and in this area there should be grass fields." The program should be able to auto-generate that scenery and help populate it with whatever needs to be there. Artists can later go back and do further tweaking to get it just right.
    This is basically the same sort of technology that is used to recreate the world in Microsoft's Flight Simulator.

So as a consumer, the scenery might possibly look the same. One might not even notice the difference. But hopefully this can really speed things up and allow the devs to put out even more routes in less time without sacrificing quality. That's the idea behind it, at least.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  33. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Your explanation is not clear. I think there is still a lack of effective competition. DTG is now competing with its own games, so their plan is not so complete. If the price is too low, then it can be improved, as long as the quality of the DLC is passed. I am willing to trade with them.

• Like Like x 2
  34. tallboy7648

I agree. I do hope they start upgrading for next gen sometime in 2021 or early 2022 at the very latest since this current gen is dying off. Also on the writing side, they should have someone double check the writing before it's published because it does make it look as if the person writing isn't good with spelling, grammer etc

• Like Like x 2
  35. tallboy7648

Well if they are gonna do that, I hope they go back and tweak the scenery once they finish auto generating because clearly when people on the forums are already pointing out inaccuracies, that should help the dev team to try to make the scenery as close to how it would be in real life like they claim to do

• Like Like x 1
  36. tallboy7648

Indeed. They're gonna have to start sometime next year or early 2022. They could use the latest console tech to maximize more potential of the game

37. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It depends on where you live as to what you call "London". Even a lot of Brits think that the Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament) are in London, when in fact they're in the City of Westminster.
    I guess when a place has been around for over 20 centuries and things grow up and around it, it can blur the boundaries

• Like Like x 2
  38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No more confusing than a state called New York which contains a city called New York which contains a county called New York.

• Like Like x 5
  39. ZeenozPlays

I, bu-, ya se-

But no one thinks about NY State. When someone says “New York” only the 5 boroughs of NYC come to mind.

I have no effective counter argument. Both NYC and London are great cities. End of that.

• Like Like x 2
  40. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Maybe if you live near there. I'd have to look up the boroughs even if I would recognise them if I did
    Similarly if someone says "London" that could mean the City, the County, the Region...
    Buck Palace, London Eye, Parliament, Harrods, Baker Street... None of them in the City of London, but in London county/region

• Like Like x 1
  41. cooper-jr

cooper-jr New Member

Thank you DTG! Based on your answers on the Topic and your latest Screenshots, the first 3 points of my expectations for this route are partly fulfilled (Tilting of the track at high speed, more NPC life in the station, more advanced driving systems). All that's left to do is to have the beast in hand to enjoy these sounds which I hope are also reworked. In spite of minimal and rough approximations on some sections of catenaries, all the notable positive points erase this black spot.

Special mention for the station displays, and the rework of the TGV, there were some errors on its 3D in its TS version, and they are all repaired, it looks great!

Can't wait for the 17th!

• Like Like x 2
  42. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Still no clue about how many timetables are playable. To me this is a main point: if the route is pretty lonely with few timetables, just one train and just one stop in the middle, I'll skip this one.

43. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

The longer you spend detailing and making a route, the higher the cost of staff wages is going to be, and the higher cost the dlc will be and nobody will be prepared to spend upwards of £40 on something , for what it's worth it's a good deal looking at the screen shots

• Like Like x 2
  44. ZeenozPlays

And the less detailed a route is, the worse it will sell.

• Like Like x 2
  45. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

When did they say it was getting an extension ?

• Like Like x 1
  46. Go64

Go64 New Member

Do you think making TGV Line of Paris Montparnasse / Hendaye ? (Atlantic / west french)

• Like Like x 1
  47. eltt007

eltt007 Member

[QUOTE = "londonmidland, post: 215054, member: 4494"] Las estaciones y las áreas construidas se ven muy bien, sin embargo, como sospechaba, las áreas exteriores montañosas se ven bastante simples. En lugar de parecer rocoso, seco y montañoso, ha sido reemplazado por una dispersión de árboles y vegetación verde.

Comparación a continuación:
    [ATTACH = full] 39319 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
    I do not know what you want, or what area you are from. But the climate and the Mediterranean environment is as detailed in the photographs. You have this forum only to criticize. What a shame of characters you are.

• Like Like x 4
  48. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Well the forum is the right place to criticize I mean londonmidland has the right to

49. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

:love::love::love:
    This new high speed route looks fantastic.

But now we are looking for the old orange mediterranee TGV as separate add-on.

• Like Like x 2
  50. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

that’s how they look in real life though, they usually show the whole route from that station till the end, that cycles down with the time of each stop. I hope they also implemented the displays showing the buildup of the train on the bottom of the screen that shows the class for the various coaches.

• Like Like x 3