Third Party Devs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ZeenozPlays, Dec 7, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

What types of routes would you like to see Third Party Devs work on while DTG focuses on High Speed?

2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Some non-German, non-Southern England centric routes would be a nice change. But that's just my personal preferences.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Modern french traditional route or any modern/early 2000s british route

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Interesting short lines. Routes with freight to drop off along the line. Anything that’s not modern, trains without computers in them!

• Like Like x 6
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Something with a focus on freight would be great

• Like Like x 2
  6. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

No more high speed stuff - I just find them dull. Stopping services with plenty of traffic on the lines and red lights would be nice.

As I'm in the UK, I'd vote for more 80's BR Blue era routes and stock (and Class 312 please!), but I appreciate we're already quite well served with that type of content, so I think it's fair to expand other countries (apart from Germany, I think we've enough German routes for the moment).

• Like Like x 9
  7. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

This definitely gets my vote, as someone who can't, due to a little bit of autism on many levels, keep track and use all the safety systems because they just break my brain, i much prefer the more simpler times of just using power and brakes.

Also definitely want routes that fully explore the full trackage available with scenarios and services, so your not left with huge depots, yards and other areas just abandoned and left empty.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. ZeenozPlays

I’d take a modern British route anyday.

• Like Like x 3
  9. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I would be glad if third parties would focus on Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands/Belgium and Sweden plus with some nice surprises along the way.
    I really would like to have more French and German routes in the future but I'd also like to have the opportunity to virtually travel and drive trains in Austria.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a new 3rd party studio dedicated to North America routes and equipment, as well as Union Workshop to come over and work on some Asia, primarily Japanese, content.

The current 3rd party devs can work on what they want to.

• Like Like x 6
  11. ZeenozPlays

Would be nice to see a dedicated US company. Maybe MTA Subway, NJT, Amtrak, more CSX, Brightline, LA Metro, BART, Metra, and the CTA

• Like Like x 2
  12. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

Would love to have a Japanese commuter train route, maybe a route in Norway, or at least something from the Netherlands.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZeenozPlays

I would enjoy a route in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Sverige ;)

15. harry.folland

harry.folland New Member

Perhaps add the Piccadilly line on the London Underground and add an interchange at Piccadilly circus to allow for access to both lines. It would be a cool thing to see two different lines connected to eachother.

16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Necro much?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, so much for that. The next 3rd party route will be the 45 mile mainline Horseshoe Curve, which will feature an ES44AC, one of the most modern locos in the game. The route and gameplay will doubtless reflect that. Another missed opportunity.

18. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I'd like them to carry on doing what they are doing now. The other 3rd party developers will have their own schedule of dlc releases to follow and not whats stipulated by the community.

Hentis

19. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm close to 100% certain that your wish will be granted. As for the rest of us......?

20. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I’d love JT to do some 2019 northern suburban routes around Manchester and Leeds. The Hope Valley Line would also be good, providing they correctly modelled the complex scenery.

21. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I can probably see Metropolitan line London Underground arrive then JT do their first US route the IRT Broadway 7th Avenue including 110th Street Cathedral Parkway st. John the Divine Cathedral.

• Like Like x 1
  22. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I do not know why there are no more countries, such as Spain, Portugal or Italy. These last two have pendolino trains, which are regional trains that are very fast. on the sintra line in portugal the trains go to 28 destinations departing from rossio station and in campolide the trains go from 11 in 11 seconds. with an unequaled pontuality. o the secilia lines where diesel trains cannot run for more than 2 consecutive hours due to the heat, they have had to build rest stops for freight trains. The birds of Spain are the high speed made normal, currently they work like the regional ones and it is 1 hour and a half from any city. I think it will be a licensing problem because otherwise I would not understand it. Because Croatia, Poland, Holland, Australia and Argentina also have spectacular lines. Australia has 6km trains. long. That's why there is a lot of planet to choose from. I guess it will be difficult to get licenses.