Fishing Sim World Fsw: Bass Pro Shops Edition Details

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D3VILDOG8541, Dec 5, 2020.

1. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

DTG Clarkey Im going to ask the question even though I'm sure I know the response.
    What are the detailed, specific differences between FSW:PT & FSW: BPS ed.? Unless I've missed something. As advertised it's only the Bass venues from the US, the BPS gear, tackle, boats, UW Camera, and online tournaments? What is different for the online tournaments? What changes were made to career mode? Did any of the fishing mechanics from The Catch make it into the BPS ed.? Did they change anything other than adding Bass Pro Shops branding & equipment?
    I had to ask because after being out a couple months now, I see nothing giving any real details of what's really different in this game?
    Guess we're in an indefinite hold pattern waiting for Dovetail to step up & start providing any real community support for this franchise?
    Grateful they got you on board so now we have something but man, Dovetail is killing off this franchise by their lack of support to the franchise, game & the players who so desperately want to see it succeed!
    Thanks for doing what you can as a one man show!

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi D3VILDOG8541, the Bass Pro Shops Edition is basically just a standalone version of Fishing Sim World with some minor changes. As you pointed out the underwater camera is one of these, because of this feature some small tweaks were made to the underwater view and the way fish react/interact. It features Bass Pro Shops Equipment and has its own online league.

The DFL has 4 leagues -
    • Big 5 - 5 biggest bass caught in the time limit
    • E.F.C - every fish counts, the maximum weight of all caught bass
    • Bite Blitz - The highest total number of all qualifying species caught in the time limit
    • Predator - The highest total length of all qualifying species of predatory fish caught
    None of the significant updates from The Catch were implemented into the Bass Pro Shops Edition. The career mode has been adjusted slightly to match the venues on offer, just US lakes means it had to be changed slightly.

We know that we have to pick up on our clarity with our players and we are making some changes at the moment to try and go into the new year being more open with everyone. I am taking all of the feedback from the community and sending it directly to the team which is helping direct what we need to focus on. It's a transition period that might be rocky for a little bit but hopefully, I can answer any questions the community has.

• Like Like x 1
  3. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Thanks for the clarification. May I suggest that a permanent thread be placed for descriptions of new content that is released. Going forward it may help for better clarity & transparency for all players involved. Especially those of us, that have been along for the ride from the beginning. I wasn't inclined to buy FSW: BPS ed with what I knew before. But, now knowing that the new leagues/divisions are in place, I feel it would personally be worth it to me to buy.
    I believe you when you tell us things are being worked on, in good faith. These past 12 months have had devestating effects on individuals, families & companies alike. I think as selfish & impatient as a big part of the gaming community has become, we lose sight just how bad that impact has been on the companies that make the games we play. Particularly, the samaller companies like Dovetail & the subdivisions within those companies. I want to support those companies that make the games I enjoy. Sim games are my favorite & Dovetail has provided me with thousands of hours of enjoyment being able to play the types of games I love.
    I'm hoping those within the fishing division there, the leads & managers, take to heart how disenfranchised the player base is right now. I hope they do everything in their power to express that to the powers that be how imperative that some serious TLC needs to be given to this franchise if they wish to see it stay alive.
    Thanks again for all the hard work & effort you've put in here since you've come on board; It's greatly appreciated!

• Like Like x 1