Getting The Blender Programme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deanmacgregor, Dec 8, 2020.

1. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

How do I get creating with this blender programme. I downloaded it but downloading python seems you need a master in computer coding to get it to work. I basically just want to download freeware 3d models and export it so I can try adding them in the route builder. What do i need to do please in lamens terms.

2. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

You will need to watch some youtube tutorials for this.

3. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

You can install Blender just by using the installer from the website. There are no extra steps required.

As for the TS side of things, you need to download a plugin like BRIAGE. Simply install it by going to Edit>Preferences>Add-ons>Install and selecting the BRIAGE.zip file.

Then you of course have to read through the included manual to know how to set up your model for export (there is quite a bit to do in that area).

I also suggest looking at some Blender essentials before diving into the TS-specific stuff. Something like doing the 2.8 version of (now legendary) Blender Guru's Donut tutorial.
    Blender Guru - Donut Tutorial for 2.80 - YouTube

Some knowledge of game asset optimization also wouldn't hurt but it's not much to worry about. Just look for simple-looking or "game-ready" assets.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deanmacgregor

deanmacgregor Active Member

Cheers and I'll try and follow the steps and find out what it all means along the way. It's a shame theres no programme that can just take a .blender file someone else has made and it says what do you want to call it and what category do you want to save it as, then the programme converts it to the .bin, geopcdx and whatever other files it needs to work in train sim route editor. I think blueprint editor does this, but when I open it, it says invalid source path.

I have a blender file model of hogwarts in my downloads, how do I use blueprint editor to add it to the game please?