Fishing Sim World Better Stats

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by jnorville, Dec 7, 2020.

1. jnorville

jnorville New Member

I hate to sound like a total nerd, but I really wish there were better stats. I've been tracking type and weights of fish based on bait or lure. Some lures produce more consistent results for a specific species.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi jnorville, what kind of extra stats would you find helpful? I can always pass the feedback onto the Dev team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jnorville

jnorville New Member

Like I said I might be a bit of a stats nerd but since the stats on the website already shows a species caught stat and it shows your most used bait I figure the numbers are probably already there.

I would like to see a species caught by bait stat. I've been using fishing trips to test out different baits and tracking what I catch on each. For example I used "The 48 - Bubblegum" in Lake Guntersville and caught just about every species, but then switched to the "Special Rattle - Firetiger" and caught mostly Large and Smallmouth Bass with a trophy Muskie thrown in there. So for a Bass Competition I would chose the Firetiger over the Bubblegum worm. I realize everyone has their own favorite setup and I'd just like to see what works best for me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. tonyakamr770

tonyakamr770 New Member

Waypoint information great idea if it showed you the lake as well as what lures you were using if you plot the Waypoint on your map. This will help when you practice before tournament you will know where to go what bait works best for you at that location. Sim games are supposed to be close to Natural as possible I see the game verging away from this aspect slowly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

I like the idea, too. This could be quite helpful. Maybe even being able to see the stats for the playerbase as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jnorville

jnorville New Member

I'm sure with some software development there could be a ton of stats. I'd just like to see what is already there in a way that I can use it for some basic decision making before competing. I'd still buy and try new stuff on fishing trips where it doesn't cost me any entry fee to try something new.