Rsn "rise And Shine" Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pinxtonpaws, Dec 6, 2020.

1. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Has anyone managed to complete this scenario because I cannot for the life of me get the train to move when returning to the front of the train in order to drive the final few yards into the station. I've done absolutely everything the scenario has asked me to do (including switching the train line power on (the scenario omits this bit)) multiple times but the train flat refuses to go anywhere....
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Train line power is for coach lighting, amenities and the destination display power. It shouldn't matter if it is on or off from a gameplay perspective. I have finished this in TSW2020 and TSW2.

First thing is to make sure you have objective markers on in the settings (Ctrl 1 to quick toggle if you have a keyboard) as this will show you something that needs to be interacted with (sometimes the objective text doesn't say this).

When changing ends make sure the reverser is set to OFF (BR 143 I think you set it in the direction of travel...so reverse when going to control car but neutral may work fine), master key out (if applicable), parking brake off, any direct/independent brakes released, driver's brake valve OFF. If something is still on you will often not be able to control from the other end. Pantograph needs to be raised and MCB closed after, not before.

Lastly make sure all passenger doors are closed.

(i just did this quick scenario again and all went fine)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Thanks. The problem is that when I press the throttle the train has no drive (the numbers stay red when going through the notches) even though the pantograph is raised, MCB is off, the front reverser is pushed forward, all brakes are released and (the one that always causes 'red number syndrome') the doors are closed. I went back and checked the rear engine and everything is as per requested but short of getting out and pushing the thing 350 yards this hunk of junk ain't going nowhere.
    I'm going to try 'plan b' later (I had an epithany of isolating the front engine and reversing the thing to it's destination...this stupid game always making you think, think, think...even in your sleep :cool:) and if that doesn't work then i'm giving up and moving on to the small matter of 422 RT boarding tasks instead.

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Yeah, things like this can be frustrating especially when you are following all the steps as it says. I have one more thing it could be...

Your brakes have become overcharged by holding into release too long. Move it to running then briefly flick it into release (to proceed that step on the scenario). Then to off. Whenever I am applying brakes and want to release, I move it back into running without touching release (the brakes will release when in running) in all German locos I have.

This is something Matt brought up in a video here featuring the scenario (2:10 when releasing the air brakes of the loco and an explanation thereafter):

I hope this is the issue you are experiencing because then you will be able to finish this scenario.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Wow, that's a super useful video...much appreciated