Bug Report: Comment Section On Ts Website Removed!!

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by 52_Western, Feb 20, 2018.

1. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was kinda part of the disclaimer for the move over. Not a good thing at all, but I think it was expected and intended. Though aren't these forums supposed to become the comment section? Why has nobody started a discussion on the 390 on these forums as a result?

3. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I thought the comments would not be moved over, not the entire comment section.
    Also, in these forums, I think it's harder to get a reply from DTG, because I think the members of DTG don't check every post in the forum just to answer it. But maybe it does work, who knows? See link below:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/the-west-coast’s-mighty-steed-comment-section.3530/

4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

It would have been helpful if DTG had migrated the article about the move together with its FAQ to the new site. As I remember the article said that a thread would be opened for each (new) article posted. These are presumably the threads in the Dovetail Live Discussion forum.

I have to say I'm not too impressed that there's no longer access to the old comments, even in read only mode, and especially to the DTG replies. This is particularly relevant to the TSW articles.