Relaunch Class 47?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by arapajoe3, Nov 5, 2020.

1. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

Since the Virgin First Generation pack was retired, a Class 47 has left with a locomotive and cabin detail much higher than the original from Kuju. Unfortunately I don't have that pack, thing that I would like... and a locomotive like Class 47 should have one with high detail.

Why not launch the Class 47 First Generation but with another livery?

It's a shame that the locomotive disappears from the game and those who couldn't buy it have been left without it ... We would appreciate it very much those of us who do not have it !!:D

• Like Like x 4
  2. shaungrainger1980

shaungrainger1980 New Member

TOTALY AGREE.WE NEED A PRO VERSION PLEASE.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I think DTG are trying to release all of the recent retired content (for Virgin, Arriva Trains Wales and CrossCountry) without branding, so we might see the Virgin content back soon.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. prrsteamfan

prrsteamfan Member

If you do want a better 47, the same one from that pack is available in the WCRC livery as part of the Welsh Marches route. However, I'm not aware of any reskins at the moment.

5. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Totally agree that a pro 47 is needed. I've been hearing for years that there's one coming. I'm really surprised JT haven't made a pro one for their routes, it would be a big seller. I guess it's in AP territory. Damn we need more UK rolling stock builders.

6. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

I found out that in Welsh Marches route there is a copy of the Virgin Class 47 locomotive but with a made up "Bossman Railways livery". The thing is that I looked and there are no reskins for this version of Class 47, it's a shame because with the Virgin version you find numerous reskin liveries. All this counting that I do not have the route ... I wish they sold it separately as a single product.

7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think many of us have suggested a new class 47 or a pack based on the Virgin Trains one which was a decent model.

AP did produce the class 37 so I wonder if they might have a mind to do something similar with a class 47, especially if he browses these forums. I am sure it would be popular they must be the most useful BR diesel in terms of regions and eras they have worked.

8. theorganist

Master Key were making one but apparently it became the one in TSW and I was told by someone on here that apparently it is unlikely to ever appear for TS1.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

If DTG can port over the HST from TSW then I don't see why MKS can't do the same with the Class 47?

10. theorganist

Yes they probably can. I am only repeating what I was told, it might not be totally accurate. I suppose it depends whether MKS have the files or whether DTG have them. I don't even know if MKS are still in operation as last time I looked their website and Facebook page were not available.

11. AirbourneAlex

They did do some work recently on the AP Class 37 and 156 from what I recall. Perhaps MKS have just moved behind the scenes doing commissioned work for other companies instead of working on their own independent creations. After all the Class 185 was transferred to another developer, the Class 47 is yet to be seen (TS at least), a new HST was cancelled due to it coinciding with AP's enhancement pack releases, and all we've ended up with is the Class 460 which sadly is forever trapped within the confines of the Brighton Mainline.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

Could we say that we should not expect a relaunch of Class 47 in the short term truth? as there is no news about it. Although it is true that they are relaunching articles that had been withdrawn such as Welsh Marches, SW coastal, etc. I wish we knew some information from DTG about it or possible relaunch, or perhaps from a third party like AP.

13. AirbourneAlex

It's a popular locomotive so someone is bound to make an upgrade or replacement model at some point, and these days we usually only find out about new releases a few weeks in advance from most developers. I think AP are working on a website overhaul for scenario distribution at the moment, but hopefully a 47 will be on their list for next year (fingers crossed).

• Like Like x 1
  14. theorganist

That sounds interesting, I hadn't heard that. Look forward to seeing how that develops.

15. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I would 2nd the vote for a Class 47 Pro pack. I would also love it if Armstrong Powerhouse could update their sound pack to work with it (or just doing their own version of the loco would probably be better).

• Like Like x 1
  16. theorganist

They made a class 37 and I imagine they may well read these forums so they might notice the interest. The class 47 would surely be popular as it is so versatile over so many decades, I would have thought more so than the class 37 to be honest, so you never know.

We didn't see the class 411/412 coming!

• Like Like x 2