PlayStation Southeastern: London - Faversham Release Date?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by traingeek241, Dec 9, 2020.

1. traingeek241

traingeek241 Member

Just wondering if any of you would have a realistic guess when this DLC will be released? Been waiting months for this hoping it would have been out before Christmas. I have been following the roadmap updates but nothing has been announced yet...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aufzug

Aufzug Active Member

DTG needed more time to develop it, so I'm gonna guess it's gonna be 1-2 months before it comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I'm still wondering how that could be a high speed route as the highest speed limit between Gravesend and Faversham is 95 mph, and this only for a short distance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

my guess is february release.

• Like Like x 2
  5. traingeek241

traingeek241 Member

I'm a bit puzzled too. This route is mainly served by the 375 I believe.

6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'd say it's coming late January - Early March. We don't want them to rush this route.

• Like Like x 2
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

For the first 10/15 minutes we run on HS1:
    High Speed 1 or Channel Tunnel Rail Link (CTRL) which runs between London St.P and the channel tunnel, we only run a portion of it, until Ebbsfleet Intl. with a speed limit of 225 km/h using the same signalling and safety systems as the LGV.

The name "Southeastern High Speed" comes from the fact that the Southeastern train company decided to brand their services in Kent through HS1 as "High Speed" so it's their fault.

20201209_235328.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Amazing, I really "love" such boasting ... 10 minutes high speed and the rest of the time a strolling train? Okay, at least it's not DTG's fault. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Actually it's a bit more than 10 minutes... more like 15 but I'm just trying to remember it from playing in TS so take it with a pinch of salt... it's only 37km of HS railway anyway but you have to stop twice (at Stratford and Ebbsfleet) but the majority of the route is spent on the traditional third rail part.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Yes, I had (wrongly) assumed that it would be released before Christmas too as I assumed that routes were released in the order they go into 'in production' on the roadmap; and this, along with HMA, were the first two in that section on the first roadmap in August. Plus DTG had released UK routes just before Xmas for the last three years. Oh well, hopefully it comes in February and doesn't get leapfrogged (again) by Clinchfield.

11. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but hasnt the Faversham route been in production ever since the very first TSW2 roadmap? This route has been under development for around 3 or 4 months now so unless some sort of significant issue had popped along the way, its reasonable to assume they're basically in the final stages of production by now. I don't believe any other route has taken this long to make.

Its speculation, but I'm willing to bet my money that this will release sometime in the first few weeks of January, maybe mid-January.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZeenozPlays

It can take up to 12-15 months to create a route. I believe it was "in planning" on the first roadmap. We ain't getting it till Late January - Early March. Maybe even later. The more time, the better.

13. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

That number would be the amount of hours each person on the development team collectively spends making each route.
    Its all the 'man-hours' put together towards making the route.
    I know, its a bit confusing. :D

But really, from the moment they begin planning a route to the moment they finish it, is roughly around 3 to 5 months. That's the number that concerns us consumers

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZeenozPlays

I'd feel better if you said 5-7 months.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

No it wasn't. It's been 'in production' ever since the first roadmap in August which is why I was so surprised (and annoyed) to see it had been leapfrogged by the LGV route.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZeenozPlays

Really? Damn, they've been working on it for a while. Well, at least there might be less of a chance it'll release with hundreds of bugs.

• Like Like x 3
  17. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

So, the top speed is 95mph..? :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. ZeenozPlays

"Southeastern HIGH SPEED" seems legit.

19. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

225 km/h - 140 mph

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. ZeenozPlays

Phew. As long as it's faster than GWR.

21. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

After a quick search, according to RTT, the 8:55am St Pancras to Faversham is pathed as Class 395 EMU & planned for 140mph max. I guess with all the stops it does it can only reach 95mph in certain areas..

• Like Like x 1
  22. ZeenozPlays

As long as it’s interesting I'm cool with not operating at 140.

But give me at least 1 service where I can exceed 90.

23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It DOES reach 140 mph on HS1 between St.P and Stratford and between Stratford and Ebbsfleet

From minute 38:00
    He reaches 140 mph at minute 43:00 between Ebbsfleet and Stratford

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  24. ZeenozPlays

Is that when it goes through the tunnel?

25. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Between London St.P and Stratford yes, after stratford there is only a bit of tunnel than it'a a viaduct all the way to Ebbsfleet where you branch off onto the third rail part.

90 is the max speed limit on the third rail part, and is just before Faversham

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If the development time ensures fewer bugs and everything working as it should, they can take as long as they need. I’d rather it come out later and be more polished than released early and be tarnished.

• Like Like x 1
  27. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There are other sources of info than this site for "what does a train do...?"
    The Highspeed part relates to what Southeastern have branded their trains that run on HS1 and that the line HS1 stands for High Speed 1
    They are the fastest regular service trains in the UK that are not international (the Eurostar can go faster)

On the section involved you're on the high speed line for approx 20 mins (https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/J08371/2020-12-10/detailed) with the sections just after Ebbslfeet (about 2 mins) between Dagenham and Stratford (5 mins) and from Stratford to a few mins before St Pancras (about 4 mins) being in tunnels

A fair few vids on youtube with passenger views of the route

From Ebbsfleet to Faversham you're on the North Kent Lines and then the Chatham Mainline

• Like Like x 2
  28. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Finally thank you, I felt like I was being trolled... someone must have written the highest speed limit on the third rail section (which is 90mph) and somehow became the highest speed of the route...

29. ZeenozPlays

I agree.

30. ARuscoe

"But how can it be high speed when it has to slow down?"
    (nobody mention station speed limits are lower than linespeed, they'll have an aneurism)

31. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Based on recent comments on the stream and typical release behavior, I would assume Southeastern Highspeed is going to be released January/February, the American DTG DLC (don't remember what it was) will be next around March/April and Hamburg-Luebeck should be around May/June - with the 3rd party DLCs somewhere in between :). I hope that they add some new DLC's soon to the roadmap, as there hasn't been a single new one since the release of the roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  32. ARuscoe

I find it dangerous to assume anything with DTG so take any specific dates as "flexible"...
    The six routes and seven locos already in production aren't enough, along with all the fixes, updates and rebuilds?

33. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

That depends if you actually want the dlc they've got on the route map.. not everyone buys them all and not everyone has the same wish lists.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Cramnor

I am aware that the dates are just rough estimates, that was the point of my post :)

Well, that is true, there is a lot of stuff on there, but all is in production already, so there should be preparations for the next routes going on :) I am mostly interested in German routes, and there is now one in production, presumably at a very early stage, and I am very curious to see what the plans for the next routes are :) Especially if there is "new" stuff coming, like the LGV.

• Like Like x 1
  35. ARuscoe

I would say that five in various stages of production is more than enough... If it took them a year to get the three original TSW2 routes together...

36. Cramnor

That is perfectly fine, everyone can have their own preferences :)