Calling Developers For Collaboration

Discussion in 'Content Developer's Area' started by Adam Palmer, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Adam Palmer

Adam Palmer Active Member

Hello all, so a few months ago I posted a route proposal for the NorthWestern Pacific Railroad from Schelville to Willits, CA set in the late 1950's. Well now I've decided to attempt it and hopefully make it into an official 3rd party DLC. I am capable of moderate reskinning jobs, and have so far completed a caboose, and am currently working on a wood boxcar. I am most proficient however in research and scenario creation, and beta testing, seeing as I am studying to become an editor. Unfortunately having attempted route creation in the past, I just can't seem to grasp the basic concepts of track building, terrain creation, 3d modelling or anything like that.

That is why for this project I am putting out a "casting call" if you will for developers willing to help with tasks such as 3d modelling, track laying, terrain/grades, and large reskin projects involving reworkings of engine models and whatnot. If you wish to collaborate, please contact me here on the DTG forums, @Model Railroad Gaming on Steam, or email me at penncentral13@gmail.com.

Here's a link to the original proposal thread for additional reference:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/the-northwestern-pacific-schelville-willits.21791/

The route itself will encompass the NorthWestern Pacific Railroad, NWP, between Schelville and Willits, CA along with the Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railroad shortline running via Sebastopol circa late 1950's. My goal with this route is to model as much of the prototype as possible but with reasonable reuse of various other assets such as foliage, buildings, rolling stock, and whatnot. Things to be 3d modelled include the various depots along the route including Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, Cloverdale, Ukiah, and Willits, industries such as the Petaluma Feed Mill, and railroad structures such as the Black Point and Petaluma swing bridges. Since I live in the area, I will provide reference photos of both present day and of the era working with organizations such as the NWP Historical Society.

Motive power will include an SP EMD SD7/9, SW1200, and Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railroad 44 Tonner. The SD9 model can be reused from Michael Stephen's CB&Q model since it has a similar light package to the SP. However it would be preferable to modify an existing SD7 model to include SP's distinctive "Barrel" gyralight, which was actually prototypical at the time. It's also my goal in the future to hopefully organize a "recording session" at the Niles Canyon Railway which is home to an operating Southern Pacific SD9 to record prototype sounds. As for the SW1200 and 44 Tonner these can be repainted using models from DTM's D&RGW SW1200, and the New Haven Springfield Line.

As for rolling stock I plan to include an SP steel and NWP wood 40ft boxcar along with a PFE reefer. These models are either reused or reskinned from Milepost Simulations Wasatch Grade route. I also hope to include two types of lumber flatcar, one reskinned from Milepost Simulations Yellowhead Pass route and one bulkhead flat from the New Haven Springfield Line, as well as a reskinned stone hopper originally from DTG's Miami-West Palm Beach route, tank car from the Springfield Line, covered hopper from MaineLines on Railworks America, cabooses from both the Wasatch Grade route and DTM's SP EMD SD45 pack, and passenger equipment reskinned and remodelled from Reppo's Baldwin Centipede DLC and DTG's FP7/9 DLC.

For base and track assets the SNRy South would work best as it is in the same general area I intend to model.

Anyways I look forward to hearing from you and to hopefully get started on this pet project of mine. Thank you.

2. Adam Palmer

Adam Palmer Active Member

I should also add that I can do very basic track laying, as in I can get the arrangement down but I need someone to go over and smooth out the gradients, make the switches, etc.