Access To Sim Control Settings On Consoles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Stockton Rails, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I’d like to suggest that DTG considers allowing access to TSW 2 sim control settings (i.e. draw distance, frame rate control, scenery control, etc) to the TSW 2 user interface on consoles- so that console users have the same level of sim control on their systems that PC users now enjoy by tweaking .ini files. Let console users decide what the sim settings should be on their individual Xbox or PS4/PS5 systems. DTG could then just develop a single version of TSW 2 (for example) for all Xbox’s, and another version for the PlayStation 4 and 5- instead of developing multiple versions of TSW 2 for the PS4 vs. the PS5 platform, etc.

(DTG- I think you’ll find a lot of console users here are in favor of having access to these ‘under the hood’ controls on their systems. It also makes access to these sim control settings consistent across all TSW 2 supported platforms, which is clearly not the case now.)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  2. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering, is this even possible on Xbox? I've never seen an Xbox game where you can modify the graphic settings, besides small things such as gamma and screen fitting. But if so, it would be a really good thing to have in the game. Some people want more frames, some are okay with less, machines are all different... the list goes on as to why this should be a thing. With the new next-gen consoles (Xbox Series X and PS5), we need this to be added to take advantage of the new hardware. We also need to have the ability to choose layers on HMA, since the newer consoles can handle more layers.

3. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

This would be good. It’s also clear that the same console can have different running results based on remaining disc space, quality of monitor etc, so having more control will help us all tune TSW to our systems’ true limits.

• Like Like x 1
  4. barrettjerry6

barrettjerry6 New Member

I like the idea of being able to allocate your available resources to different things to suit your preferences, such as maxing out your framerates or sacrificing a bit of performance to get better visuals. With the next generation consoles now starting to come into the scene, there are now more resources that can be allocated, and more flexibility, similar to how you can change graphics settings on PC if you decide to swap out some parts of your system to better make use of your resources to suit your preferences.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Also let us bind every control to whatever button on the controller we want

6. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I second this.

7. Nidhish Inumala

Nidhish Inumala Active Member

Very Hard but I would like it (as an Xbox Player)

8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

As a xbox player and a pc player, I 100% support this

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...thanks for your post. Now if we could only get someone at DTG to respond to this proposal. (hint, hint) ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DTG don't respond to the suggestions page in the forums for some odd reason but I'm certain they will see it