PlayStation Mirroring In Livery Designer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

How do you mirror layers in livery designer on PS4? I select the mirroring option, but after that nothing happens. What am I missing or doing wrong?

2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have not used the editor for a while but last time I used it mirroring did work. I was only experimenting with it but I think all I did was select it like I would for copy, then clicked mirror. What ever it was I did I was not that impressed with it.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really can’t get it to work. I keep selecting mirroring but nothing happens at all. I’m probably doing something wrong, but don’t know what.

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

What I’m effectively trying to do is replicate a layer from one side of the train to the other so that it looks the same on both sides.

5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

that is what mirror is suppose to do

6. Lenwigg

Pretty sure when I tried it it didn't do that. I think all it did was if you had this < it would do > on the same side not on the other side. Hence why I was not over impressed with it. It may have put the it underneath same sort of thing that it would do when you copy a layer. If I get the chance I will try it again later and get back to you.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Copy it to the other side first then select mirror, or you can mirror it then copy it.

8. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

If you want to duplicate a layer (or a group of layers), make a copy and then use 'change side'. You can then mirror if necessary.

Be advised that if the object (or the first item in a group) is rotated, mirroring will do all sorts of wonky stuff.

9. Lenwigg

It doesn't make another copy in the layers list after all. In the list nothing at all happened. But testing it in the layers list I selected a F, said mirror and it flipped around on the train but not in the list. I don't know how you do groups of them though I am afraid, or groups of anything, something else I still need to learn, didn't know that you could do groups until I saw AlexNL above mention it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

You can group layers together by clicking the dotted circle icon next to a layer to start a selection, and then selecting all other layers which you want to group. Finally press the Group button (Q on PC).

The layers that you want to group have to be directly adjacent to each other.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lenwigg

Oh thanks very much for that info. I have always wondered what that dotted icon was for. I use PS4 but have a keyboard that I can connect to it so maybe the Q will work. But I should think there is something to press on PS4 somewhere to press.

12. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

You can also do it on PS4, but it'll be with a different button. Look at what it says on screen. :)

13. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Also if anyone is on the Xbox I believe the magical button to group things is X :)