Problem With Midland Main Line Sheffield-derby

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pfearn2303, Dec 5, 2020.

1. pfearn2303

pfearn2303 New Member

I have purchased this title yesterday but when I try to load it, it crashes before opening. I have tried all troubleshooting steps but still will not load. It says default before each scenario if that is anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Does it do this with all scenarios? Does it work in Quick Drive? Some scenarios require extra assets.

From the JT website:

Note: 15 scenarios for Midland Main Line are provided and 12 of these are available in two versions: one version which requires additional payware and one which uses default Train Simulator stock (these scenarios are prefixed with [Default]). The other three scenarios are only operable using additional payware stock. See the SCENARIOS section in the Detailed Description for a list of all the payware add-ons required to operate the scenarios which require additional payware stock.

3. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

Did you get it from Steam or direct from JT?

4. pfearn2303

pfearn2303 New Member

I purchased it from Steam at £24.99 and all it does is crash when trying to load tge game. There was no mention of any add ons when I purchased it.

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

There are no add ons needed if bought from Steam. It should work. Raise a ticket with DTG.

6. pfearn2303

pfearn2303 New Member

I've raised 2 since last week but they are not responding again. It's definitely from Steam, I've just checked my PayPal account

7. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

Just Trains routes tend to have high vegetation detail and use a lot of 3D vegetation which makes for a drop in FPS. That happened to me with Cornish Extension, a part between Par and Plymouth there is a lot of 3D vegetation that lowers the FPS a lot if you don't have a good PC and a good graphic card. My recommendation would be to disable the Ambient Occlusion (if it is activated), disabling that option made me gain a lot of FPS for a long time (at least it worked for me) and lower the graphic quality, at least for that route. If the problem is not that then you must complain! Cheers